Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gtran_rocks

First S/w Bug In Gtran Detected !

Ok, i just found a bug in the software of GTRAN:

Ring type is set to vibrate+ring

Ringer volume: max

when somebody calls me , the phone vibrates thrice and then rings loudly @ max volume - All is ok

But if i plugin travel charger in the phone and charge the phone while it is still on :

Ring type is set to vibrate+ring

Ringer volume: max

when somebody calls me, phone doesnt vibrate, directly starts ringing at very low volume

However, If the charger used is the desktop charger, then it vibrates and rings at max volume as well. So the bug is only with the travel charger.

I hope this will be fixed by a software upgrade in near future , :)

i was using NOKIA 3330 a couple of years ago and it had the same problem. now nokia never had separate travel and desktop chargers. when set to vibrate during charging it never vibrated and only the backlight used to blink. maybe it is a common property of some phones and not necessarily a "bug" in gtran. Iam a rookie as far as the techno talk is concerned but this was my observation while using nokia 3330.

it could be coz the rate of the battery being charged is quite less compared to the desktop charger and the phone is programmed to save as much power as possible for quick charging. moreover, vibrating takes a whole lot of power which could be why it was left out when "travel charging" it. i cant account for the low volume though...

Pals I dont think thats a feature of the phone i.e. battery saving while on travel charger mode. I've used several cell phones in past 4 years and all had travel chargers. They never used to act this way on being charged.

I think its gotta do with the software. Since its a new phone, there are chances of bugs in it. This normally happens with all new cell phone models. The Cell phone company fixes them by releasing newer versions of the software.

I hope GTRAN does that soon.

I indeed found a bug in GTRAN. It is about voice memo.

During conversation, if I made a call and record a voice memo then it is must that I save voice memo giving file name before disconnecting, which is some times difficult, epsecially if you are using head set while driving. However if opposite peson has called me then voice memo is saved automatically.

Another interesting thing is that say if I called and record a voice memo, it is saved automatically if opposite person hangs up first.

Has anybody noticed? the dictionary mode is not available in R world. Well thats really buggy. Arent we getting any software upgrades for the phone?