Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Do Not Disturb Policy

As TRAI has made it mandatory for TELECOM Companies to

lodge request for Do Not Disturb Facility.

But RELIANCE has its own policy....

I own a Reliance Prepaid Connection and have applied for DND Since June 2007

And Still getting SMSes from 3rd Parties.

Are Prepaid customers not valuable?

Edited by @mitJ@in
<< Attachment Removed as per user request >>

uh, how could they do something against TRAI's order? :huh:

As TRAI has made it mandatory for TELECOM Companies to

lodge request for Do Not Disturb Facility.

But RELIANCE has its own policy....

Please check it out in attached Image file

which is screen shot of RCC Portal.

Are Prepaid customers not valuable for RELIANCE???

I have registered my postpaid number with National Do Not Call Registry in Oct. 2007 but this Feb. 2008, I have received 4 promotional calls from Reliance Communications' ( DSA) and after making the complaint, I was told that "this will take maximum 21 days to solve the issue". What they actually mean, we thought you have forgotten that you registered with NDNC Registry & we deleted your number, now as you remember that, we will again put your number in that NDNC Registry.

What they actually mean, we thought you have forgotten that you registered with NDNC Registry & we deleted your number, now as you remember that, we will again put your number in that NDNC Registry.

Quite hilarious.

Edited by vishalkumar

^^^

Its rediculous my dear friends. This matter should be reported to TRAI.

Reliance is not above TRAI. They have to abide by the rules.

Regards.

@amit jain,

The DND you have referred to is not the Do not Call one.

It refers to the earlier days in March -April 2003 when you could set your mobile to not receive any incoming calls at all by dialling some code *315 or something. I don't remember the exact code, but it was withdrawn permanently for all subscribers. You will find a similar page for postpaid subscribers also - akin to what you have shown for prepaid subscribers.

RCOM (or for that matter any other operator) cannot go against TRAI.

Please check with your sources in RCOM and revert if I am correct in my assumption for DND.

You will also notice from the page you have referred that the next line clearly states DNC/NDNC - this is the one which means Do not Call / National Do Not call registry.

BTW, can you please let me know how to get CLIR - I want for both my postpaid mobiles which I have right from Feb.'03. What are the eligibility criteria? And charges, if any? Also can the DND facility be made available now for postpaid or prepaid, if yes, charges? Thanks.

Edited by KumaarShah

@amit jain,

BTW, can you please let me know how to get CLIR - I want for both my postpaid mobiles which I have right from Feb.'03. What are the eligibility criteria? And charges, if any? Also can the DND facility be made available now for postpaid or prepaid, if yes, charges? Thanks.

You require permission from police / home ministry.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...rvices_clir.jsp

@amit jain,

The DND you have referred to is not the Do not Call one.

It refers to the earlier days in March -April 2003 when you could set your mobile to not receive any incoming calls at all by dialling some code *315 or something. I don't remember the exact code, but it was withdrawn permanently for all subscribers. You will find a similar page for postpaid subscribers also - akin to what you have shown for prepaid subscribers.

RCOM (or for that matter any other operator) cannot go against TRAI.

Please check with your sources in RCOM and revert if I am correct in my assumption for DND.

You will also notice from the page you have referred that the next line clearly states DNC/NDNC - this is the one which means Do not Call / National Do Not call registry.

Hmm... that DND facility was REALLY useful! With that facility you can stop recieving calls without switching off your phone. Really, really useful when you want to use your phone for music or texting, etc... while not being disturbed by pesky calls... I used to use it a lot in the earlier days of my stint with Reliance. But they suddenly withdrew that facility too! :cursing: Anybody has any idea why they withdrew it... or does RCom just do things at whim...??

Does any other operator provide this facility?

^^^

Thanks, kshah for the link.

Is police/home ministry permission really required?

From what is mentioned on their website, I amke it out as if RCOM can extend CLIR facility, based on fixed criteria: -

Availability of this facility is governed by Government of India regulations. This facility is not granted automatically, and Reliance Communications reserves the right to grant this facility only to certain subscribers, based on fixed criteria.

The GoI regulations may be there, but eventually RCOM has to decide about extending this facility, finally.

SkyCell (prior to being sold to Airtel) in Chennai were offering this facility free to all subscribers. Even Airtel, Chennai used to give this facility till atleast 2003 when I switched over to RCOM. This was possible by selecting the "Hide your number" in the security settings on a GSM phone. There are 3 options - 'show your number', 'hide your number' and 'set by network' in a GSM phone. Now I think Airtel, Chennai is no longer offering this facility - to new as well as existing subscribers. Of course the terrorism angle is always there.

Hmm... that DND facility was REALLY useful! With that facility you can stop recieving calls without switching off your phone. Really, really useful when you want to use your phone for music or texting, etc... while not being disturbed by pesky calls... I used to use it a lot in the earlier days of my stint with Reliance. But they suddenly withdrew that facility too! :cursing: Anybody has any idea why they withdrew it... or does RCom just do things at whim...??

AfaIK, it is available in all GSM phone networks. It is called Call Barring - either incoming or outgoing - many options are there. You have to set your PIN2. Also a call barring password is required from the service provider. Maybe in prepaids, some operators do not offer this facility. Voda for instance in Chennai used to offer this facility even in prepaids, but all of a sudden, on some RCOM-like whims, withdrew it and said it causes some network disturbances. Atleast they provide some explanations - can one get any such thing from RCOM? Not even ADA will let you know. Probably DHA would have been more open, ha ha ha....

Not even ADA will let you know. Probably DHA would have been more open, ha ha ha....

Could have been, but RCom was launched after DHA expired, hence we could not have expected this at any point ;)

AfaIK, it is available in all GSM phone networks. It is called Call Barring - either incoming or outgoing - many options are there. You have to set your PIN2. Also a call barring password is required from the service provider. Maybe in prepaids, some operators do not offer this facility. Voda for instance in Chennai used to offer this facility even in prepaids, but all of a sudden, on some RCOM-like whims, withdrew it and said it causes some network disturbances. Atleast they provide some explanations - can one get any such thing from RCOM? Not even ADA will let you know. Probably DHA would have been more open, ha ha ha....

Ohhh... thats great... I should check out if I can use that service on my Idea... Thanks!

Not even ADA will let you know. Probably DHA would have been more open, ha ha ha....

Could have been, but RCom was launched after DHA expired, hence we could not have expected this at any point ;)

If you ask me, even if they do supply reasons, it dosent really help us. Only the facility can help! Besides, we all know the credibility of what few reasons they cite... you never know what the real reasons are... they often are pretty much different from whats made public. So I'v learnt that if someone else is offering the facilities I need, just jump the ship, pronto!

I'v learnt that if someone else is offering the facilities I need, just jump the ship, pronto!

Exactly!! If you are getting the service which you want, then you need to use that (from a different provider), rather than waiting for the existing provider to wake and give that service. I agree with raccoon on this completely.

Also can the DND facility be made available now for postpaid or prepaid, if yes, charges? Thanks.

DND is free..

SMS "Start DND" to 1909

no operator in india can charge for DND.....

according to me it be an option while purchase of new connection, why we should wait for 21 days??

Hey amit, why dont u knock the door or consumer court, show ur request number and earn heafty money, they can't fight against u if u have proof..TRAI is very strict about it.........

45 days in Rel CDMA.

Hey amit, why dont u knock the door or consumer court, show ur request number and earn heafty money, they can't fight against u if u have proof..TRAI is very strict about it.........

Actually its 3rd party Problem, Not Rel Problem,

Well my problem has been solved.

also if u have already registered for dnc and again also msg "start dnd" to 1909 ; then a reply msg will tell u that u have been already registered and date also of that .

also it takes 45 days to register for first time . but sms from reliance promotional nos like 51234 will stop after 4-5 days

but sms from reliance promotional nos like 51234 will stop after 4-5 days

If i want to activate 'DND' for only calls & not sms,is there anyway?

Reliance communications seems oblivious to the fact that the TRAI requires enfrocement of the DND reisgtery. I keep getting sms's from all sorts of comapnies and inspit eof several complaints to customer service nothing has been doen to protect my privacy.

:previous: What is the sender name/number and content of the SMS that you receive?

Is DND only applicable on the service provider?

Or other Advertising companies are included as well?

DND is applicable for every one (advertising companies and service provider both)