Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Which Motherboards Are Best

Guys I am into games so I have most of the games with me which can nearly fetch up to say 200 gb hard disc alone so I would like to know which mother board r best. What configuration I should look for while buying a computer. I want to buy it and then wanna assemble it on my own. So would like to know which motherboard I should go for? I need harddisk which should be atleast 400-500 gb a good processor and rest I don know. I am going to buy 8800 video card whch is said to be the best for games. Rest guys can you help me and what shall be the cost approximately of each item can you quote it about hard disk motherboard, processor fan and etc. Please let me know asap?

unless untill u are an experienced overclocker go for a high end mother board, extra processor fan etc,

else just buy a decent motherboard which supports your 8800GTS card :)

look at http://www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/ for latest price

Edited by ss_rakesh

nVidio SLI Motherboard with nVidia 590+ Chipset with Dual nVidia XFX 8500 Graphic card witg 512 MB Ram on Both Graphic card

One card @ 4500 Both Card @ 9000 + Motherboad + AMD Phenom 9600 Processor + 2 GB RAM + Wester Digital 500 GB 16 Mb Cache 7200 RPM Hard Drive = This will bring Power of Two Play Station 3

a 22" or 24" Monitor will be preferred

whats the budget?

Also u need to think whether u are going to play DX10 games(Vista) or stick to DX9 only.

if u want to play DX10 Games u will need minimum nVidea 8800GT or GTS.

If someone comes from US or UK get a graphics card. here its too costly. i got an HD3870 for 10K where it retailed for 16K here

yes, Get an ATI card from US.

Look at this Entry Level still promising Chipset from AMD

44356A_780Gchipset.jpgAMD 780G Chipset Specifications

Proven Radeon™ graphics powering DirectX® 10 Powered by ATI Radeon™ Graphics, DirectX® 10 introduces neverbefore-seen detail-rich images and dynamic interactivity for playing the latest DirectX® 10 games HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology More than doubles your CPU communications bandwidth to graphics as compared to HyperTransport™ 1 PCI Express® Generation 2.0 Double your graphics bandwidth over earlier PCI Express for improved performance Backwards compatibility Ensures flexibility to build platforms with previous generation CPUs as well as the latest

AMD Phenomâ„¢ processors ATI Hybrid Graphics1 Improve your system performance by enabling the ability for both discrete graphics and integrated graphics to render simultaneously ATI Avivoâ„¢ HD2 ATI Avivoâ„¢ HD is the advanced image and video processing and display technology found in

ATI Radeonâ„¢ graphics that enables:

• brilliant colors, sharp images and smooth playback of Blu-rayâ„¢ and HD DVD content
  • performance that rivals high end HD DVD and Blu-rayâ„¢ players on difficult 1080i content
  • built-in HDMI and DVI with HDCP

ATI PowerPlay™ Flexible power saving technologies that ensure optimal power efficiency to help reduce your electricity costs Low Power Design Designed for power-efficient computing to help lower energy costs AMD Cool’nQuiet™ 2.0 Benefit from power saving features that help reduce power consumption at idle or during low usage Enhanced Digital Display integration Supports Display Port interface for the newest displays. ATI SurroundView™ SurroundView™ feature allows support for up to four independent monitors for systems equipped with an additional Radeon™ discrete graphics card Next Generation SB700 Support for up to 12 USB 2.0 connections and 6 SATA 2.0 devices, including eSATA devices AMD OverDrive* Shift your system performance into next gear. Enables control of the AMD 7-Series Chipsets to easily configure system settings in Microsoft® Windows® AMD RAIDXpert™ Easily configure your RAID setup from remote locations to personalize your media for extra performance or enhanced reliability

Some Entry level motherboard featuring AMD ATI 780G Chipset

Gigabyte AMD 780G GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2 micro ATX

Biostar AMD 780G TA780G M2+ AM2 micro ATX

Jetway AMD 780G PA78GT3-DG AM2 micro ATX

Jetway AMD 780G PA78GT3-HG AM2 micro ATX

ASUS AMD 780G M3A78-EMH HDMI AM2 micro ATX

ECS AMD 780G A780GM-M (V1.1) AM2 micro ATX

Sapphire AMD 780G PI-AM2RS780G AM2 micro ATX

J&W AMD 780G JW-RS780UVD-AM2+ AM2 micro ATX

Foxconn AMD 780G A7GM-S AM2 micro ATX

Edited by hetaldp

How much will it costs in U.S.
yes, Get an ATI card from US.

look at dell, Circuitecity, wallmart US website for the price

or search the website http://computers.pricegrabber.com to find the place get it with lowest price., if u alredy know what to buy

For the card look the review: The Best Gaming Graphics Cards for the Money: March 2008

Edited by ss_rakesh

I recently upgraded PC to the following configuration.

Intel Desktop board DG31PR motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz/ 2.66 GHz

2 GB Ram 800 Mhz

500 GB SATA Harddisk Seagate (7200 rpm)

I can watch HD movies (checked 720p) without any additional graphics card.

Today I installed Hellgate London and it work fine as well.

Edited by nitinmukesh123

AMD 780G is Powerfull then Intel P35 G31 / 33 dont come in picture also.

Go for AMD 780G chipset with Phenom Processor,

You can use CrossFire Technology (CrossFire means combining 2 Graphics Processor Power to Achive Faster Graphic Processing measn Dual Graphic Processor)

in 780 we can use on Integrated and one addon graphic to Double the Graphics speed, Intel is still thinking on issue NVidia have same Technology named SLI (Symetric Link Interface)

AMD 780 also have DirectX 10 and HDLC so watcing BlueRay Disk on Sempron (Comparable to Intel Celeron) can also be done.

AMD ROcks

^^^

My dear friends, AMD too now a days giving a tough competition to Intel. And the products of AMD are providing magnificent performance.

Regards.

I am thinking to buy this configuration. Please let me know how much will it cost in mumbai.

Intel 946 gz motherboard.

Processor Intel dual core 2.8 ghz or more

system memory 2gb

display card 8800

display memory wht will be the memory I don know but I need atleast 2gb of memory as I wanna play most of the games.

250 gb harddisk

Guys can u let me know how much this will cost for and also let me know If i play for continuos 24 hrs wont there be any problem

display card 8800

display memory wht will be the memory I don know but I need atleast 2gb of memory as I wanna play most of the games.

is that 8800GT or GTS?

GT is little cheaper and comes with 256, 512, 1GB Memory.

GTS comes with 320, 640MB memory

u cannot get a graphics card with 2BG memory :(

system memory 2gb

Buy memory module which are officialy tested and recomended by the mother board manufactor, the list will be available with manufactor's motherboard webpage.

if u are planning to go for 2GB, donot buy a single 2BG module, insted buy 1GB x 2 memory modules and connect them in dual channel mode.

Edited by ss_rakesh

Well, its best to invest in a latest cpu and memory motherboard etc for gaming systems

Ganesh, according to you which is the latest cpu and memory motherboard?

Well, its best to invest in a latest cpu and memory motherboard etc for gaming systems

Quad core Q6600 and a P35 motherboard. Q6600 works with 1333MHZ overclocked bus without any active cooling. Great for games. :)

Quad core Q6600 and a P35 motherboard. Q6600 works with 1333MHZ overclocked bus without any active cooling. Great for games. :)

How much its going to cost in mumbai?