Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
suvirajshetty

Black Berry For Normal People Without Balckberry Email Service

Here - I found something more...

Push email with Windows Mobile 6

Posted Feb 18th 2007 12:00PM by Brad Linder

Filed under: Windows Mobile, E-mail

Windows Mobile 6 is the first version of Windows Mobile to include push email support without setting up an Exchange server. Of course, it only works with Hotmail, but it's a start.

Once you have a Hotmail account, all you have to do is:

Open Windows Live on your mobile device.

Enter your Live information and set your device to use Live services including Messenger, Mail, and Contacts.

Click on menu and selection options.

Select Sync Schedule

Under frequency, select "as items arrive."

Now every time an email is sent to your Hotmail account, a copy will be sent to your Windows Mobile device. You can even configure your phone or PDA to work with both Hotmail and an Exchange server, allowing you to receive push email from two separate accounts.

In my earlier post on Windows Mobile 6, I had indicated that I will keep you all updated with links and news as I come across. But this is something that cannot be buried under UPDATE, so I have done a new post for this.

With Windows Mobile 6, you will be able to put your good ol’ Windows Live Hotmail account to some use, if that isn’t your primary email id today . This is because, with Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Mobile 6, you will have push email. Cool. Best of best, it’s free!

If you are worried about junk mail, well use Grupa Młodych Artystów i Literatów ( I mean Gmail)

- now that all can sign up - to filter your emails. Use the powerful gmail filter and labels to sort emails and forward the important emails to your Windows Live Hotmail account which will be then ‘pushed’ to your Windows Mobile 6 device How cool is that?

Howto Setup Push Email with Windows Mobile 6

Once you have a Hotmail account, all you have to do is:

Open Windows Live on your mobile device.

Enter your Live information and set your device to use Live services including Messenger, Mail, and Contacts.

Click on menu and selection options.

Select Sync Schedule

Under frequency, select “as items arrive.”

Now every time an email is sent to your Hotmail account, a copy will be sent to your Windows Mobile device. You can even configure your phone or PDA to work with both Hotmail and an Exchange server, allowing you to receive push email from two separate accounts.

BUT THE BOTTTOMLINE IS - You cannot use push mail without remaining connected to the internet either through Reliance 1x network or wifi at all times.... so its not free on the move like receiving SMS's...

AND YES, IT WORKS...

Edited by dkaile

But 6800 do not have BIS BES Services which are Blackberry specific,

If one needs BIS BES then he can go for BB,

Otherwise HTC Mogul or Touch is best :D

If you have Blackberry A/c you can use BlackBerry Connect SOftware to get this Work on HTC Phone 3G is Preferred, But if your Company have Microsoft Exchange Server for Mail or your Company have Lotus Domino then you can uses Active Sync. to have Push mail. Microsoft Active Sync. Push Mail Work exactly same as Blackberry Connect but its little Know as Company have to Setup Exchange Server unlike Blackberry Connnect where Blackbery itself gives you Server. Just Wait for Google and Yahoo. They are gonna Provide some Good Service after Android gets launched.

If you have Blackberry A/c you can use BlackBerry Connect SOftware to get this Work on HTC Phone

I agree that BB Connect Software can be used.

But Reliance is not activating Blackberry A/c of any number which dont have Blackberry.

Blackberry Service is available for those only

who have following things:

1. Blackberry Phone

2. Roaming Activated

Above mentioned items are mandatory to get BIS/BES activated.

So how can one use Blackberry Account on Windows Mobile via Blackberry Connect Software.!!!!

You can get push mail for free ( and it supports both enterprise as well as branded email accounts like gmail, hotmail and yahoo) if you use the SEVEN software.(I've posted the link to it in the HTC thread) Its running fine on my Touch now for the last 3 weeks or so. Running on Rel Mobileworld settings, its the cheapest option for real time mail if you dont have a blackberry :)

BTW, its this same software that is being sold by Airtel and Vodaphone on their GSM service as push mail software and chargable at Rs.300 or so per month, and it supports not only Windows Mobile OS, but also Symbian OS, so probably most of our popular phones will work on it.

Hey Guys,

I am seeing we are advertising Reliance Blackberry's on our Rim Web......

Google is advertising that..I think so

u mean if I use BB handset and dont subscribe to bb service...can i not use r world to access email & net?? also if u know which other rel phone can be used to view/edit excel sheets/power point

i think so u have to suscribe to bb service at the time of activation .....i think amit jain has more iidea abt this

also if u know which other rel phone can be used to view/edit excel sheets/power point

all htc devices which r offered by rim ( htc wave /libra/diamond) and unofficially like htc mogul ........ think u can do it on nokia 6265 also though i dont have one so i m not sure abt it

treo 755p/treo800w ( not offered by rim but u can get it thru this forum) .......i

i would like to know whether we can own a blackberry with normal prepaid connection without subscribing for the blackberry services just like any other prepaid or postpaid phones

Yes you can use the prepaid service of any mobile operator but for the same you need to hae Blackberry Unlocked device. which gives you freedom to use any service provider and also freedom to change it too any time.

Whats the point in using such a costly phone without using the features for which the phone is there. If you just want to use it for only talking and/or SMSing, then go for some other handset. But still the choice is yours. I agree with Gaurav.

dear vishal there is one reason to use bb.....

i m telling u my case...i m a high std user n my monthly bill comes around 5000/ per month

right now i m using tata honest 450 plan.....now the scene is that if i use blackberry they have a great plan blackberry platinum 2500

in this plan the charges are as follows:

all local/std calls to any network- unlimited free

all local/national sms to any network - unlimited free

incoming calls during roaming - unlimited free

Data Charges(Home & Domestic Roaming)- Unlimited FREE

so even if u dont need to use data services then also its benefitial........

so whats ur opinion now.

That's a very good plan for a high user like you.for 2.5k you are getting everything for free.it will be very beneficial for you.for half the present cost you will get many things more.

is there any application for BB8830 where i can get Gmail Push mails without BIS ?

1-use bharatberry

2- install gmail app from google