Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
B O R E Ds brother

Group Messaging With Rd2030

How to send an message to more than one with RD2030

This is the only way I found

Preset the phone, to save a copy in sent folder.

Go, to zero signal zone, or create one by removing antennae in weak signalzone.

When there is no signal, phone will not send an sms but save and defer it till it has signal.

Keep, piling up messages in sent folder, doesnt take much time if your sent folder is empty. It saves quickly.

Once you have saved some ten messages or more, (takes 20secs) put on the antennae or go to signal zone,

Now lay back and watch as the handsets SHOOTS one message after the other into the network.

huh? It cant be more stupid an idea than this! :quest: lol.. :wacko: but being BORED's Brother, i am sure more such ideas r in the pipeline! Keep going!

huh? It cant be more stupid an idea than this!  lol..  but being BORED's Brother, i am sure more such ideas r in the pipeline! Keep going!

LOL .... :quest: LOL..... :wacko: LMAO ..... :D ROFL :P

Chirag, You just snatched the words out of my mouth ... lollll :P;):lol:

But i guess you have really put BB's bottom (Bored's Brother is a bit too long to refer everytime) on the stove B)

Hey BB, man get used to tolerating some humour. We all are pals here, but remember, if you make posts like those, you surely are inviting replies like that :lol:

Hey dude, just chill ok ... :quest:

My reaction was to Chirag's witty reply and it wasnt offensive against you in any way ...

Look at the quality of the posts on this forum

They are not better

Trust me when I say, when it comes to RIM, I know better

As far as i know, its been only 3-4 days of your joining this forum as well as getting a RIM phone. I dont think your matured enough as a member or a RIM owner to make such a comment.

If ur so unhappy with a RIM phone why the hell did you get one recently ? :wacko:

one, the idea was awful in its entirety.

two, the phone doesnt save the msgs. if it is out of signal area, it simply says "error in n/w" and you have the option to click on "back" only which takes you to the messages menu.

i dont know if they have updated this bug, im using ver 11.

and mods, why is bb's(i agree with gtran_rocks) status being shown as "validating" instead of "members"?

dont quite get the point of this "group messaging" ... anyways u have to send each message to a contact ... so HAVE to select each contacts name and only then stack it in the sent messages folder ... so how are u possibly saving time by doing this ? :D

if ur receiptants are only RIM customers.. then try mass messaging using MMS instead .. oH !.. that idea with this this topic has started.. was really strange and odd man... never could i get such an idea.. keep it up... .. the only problem is that i have to go miles outta the city to some desert .. to get a place where the signal is weak and definitely dont ask me to go miles deep into earth.. coz i dont have any bomb bunkers located near me either..LOL...

MMS is an option ... but hey, how many of us keep checking for these messages ? its too cumbersome a process ... going into R world and then checking for messages :)

hritik, you dont have to keep checking for them off and on, if you get an mms, then you get an intimation by a normal sms and if you want to read the mms, just click on view in the normal sms, and it will go to the mms link automatically.

thats cool !!! but i remember, three months back when i used to send these MMS's to friends, i never got any intimation thru sms ... i had to go into R world and then check in the inbox :P will try this thing out now ... thanx

if ur receiptants are only RIM customers.. then try mass messaging using MMS instead ..

While mass messaging i doubt whether the recepients wud be only RIM customers.. thts to think too high of RIM ! :P

But i agree with Mahidhar, tht its quite cumbersome to mass msg thru MMS.. RWorld in general is quite slow.. and Mass msging means fwding the same msg to many ppl, and in MMS we'd have to type the entire msg... so MMS doesn't really serve the purpose.. It takes more time for ppl to msg as well ppl to recieve the msg...!!

Worst is, while sending a Greeting... i guess it uses the MMS protocol only... and the sender's no. is not sent along with the Greeting! :( I dont rem if thts the case with MMS as well !

Mass messaging via SMS in short, cannot be done thru LG2030... if at all, LG comes up with a new s/w version for it! Any idea if there is any further upgrade to version 15 for RD2030 ??

what i do for mass messaging is that i save the message in my unsent folder and then open it each time and enter a different number.

ofcourse it is cumbersome, but it saves you the trouble of having to type out the same message again!