Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

D-88n With Opera Mini

^^^

The updated new handset model seems to be quite good with new features. And I think its reasonably priced too. Better then other available chinese models in the open market.

Regards.

This one's better. Now only if they could add EDGE capability. ;)

seems fair for the price considering its offloading the cost of an additional handset...

@srk

there would always be something lacking... how else would they ensure future business ;)

Btw, where can i get the SAR ratings for Spice phones? Do they have one?

What are the major differences between D-88 & D-88n ?

What is the price ? Does it support active call recording directly or indirectly by loading some Java application ?

I know it's too early to know so much, but I am desperately looking for call recording feature.

regards,

^^^

Please follow the link in the first post of this thread... it has answers to all your queries

checked up with the stockist.... yes it's available here in cochin @ 7000/-

^^^

My dear friends, 7000/- seems to be really reasonable for this handset.

Regards.

but 800 mA battery may be matter of concern

Is this good to purchase Spice D-88n then Nokia 6275.. Kindly Let me know which is better and does this phone supports jar/java softwares?

Plz reply friends i have to purchase 2 new handsets and ur reply will help me alot..

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

^^^

Vikas,

Link: http://192.220.122.83/model_spec_D88n.aspx

As per the info on the above link web page, this handset supports java and java games in full screen.

However the battery 800mAH will be totally inadequate for CDMA usage. Their specs says 1.7 hours to 3.5 hours. In reality, you can expect only about 60% of this time. So within 1 hour TT, your battery will be drained out. Hope they are giving 2 batteries and an external battery charger. Check this feature with the dealer before buying.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

My dear friends, I think Spice is providing two batteries with this handset. And if it is, then this phone will be quite good with two batteries provided. Almost every function is their in this handset.

Regards.

^^^

Vikas,

Link: http://192.220.122.83/model_spec_D88n.aspx

As per the info on the above link web page, this handset supports java and java games in full screen.

However the battery 800mAH will be totally inadequate for CDMA usage. Their specs says 1.7 hours to 3.5 hours. In reality, you can expect only about 60% of this time. So within 1 hour TT, your battery will be drained out. Hope they are giving 2 batteries and an external battery charger. Check this feature with the dealer before buying.

Well Does This Mobile D-88n supports FM radio?

Plz Do reply back as soon as possible..

well i have read the features and I feel this is a cool handset with many rich features.. Well would it be good to buy this handset then nokia 6275?

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

Why our CDMA handset's battery run our quickly?

As per CDMA specification CDMA phones are using less power than GSM!(quoting encyclopedia)

Edited by spknair

I checked both the specs page and the features page. it is not clear whether FM is available on this handset or not. You may check it with your local dealer or if any HOTSPOT dealer is there in your city, then you can try there. HOTSPOT is incidentally the retail sales point for SPICE mobiles and they also sell all other brands as well.

^^^

@Vikas

My dear Vikas in the features menu of this phone their is a Note in the last line of the web page. It is written like this :

Note: Speaker can not be used for listening FM.

And if it is written their, that means it should be having FM, which can be played back through the headphone only.

Link : http://192.220.122.83/model_fer_D%2088n.aspx

Regards.

^^^

@Vikas

My dear Vikas in the features menu of this phone their is a Note in the last line of the web page. It is written like this :

Note: Speaker can not be used for listening FM.

And if it is written their, that means it should be having FM, which can be played back through the headphone only.

Link : <a href="http://192.220.122.83/model_fer_D%2088n.aspx" target="_blank">http://192.220.122.83/model_fer_D%2088n.aspx</a>

Regards.

I don't think that this D88n supports FM. I know this note appears on their website, however O & M manual of this phone doesn't mention anything of FM. In D88n feature page of their website, they have mentioned that "n" is for new like stereo bluetooth, Opera Mini, etc. However they have not mentioned FM in this features. So....

And about Nokia 6275, I don't suggest you to spend so much money, as it is really not that worth. Extremely slow, all mundane features & above all no battery life. The charger alongwith it is so bad, that it takes more than 5 to 6 hours for fully charging the handset.

HTC is planning to launch sub 10k PDA phones, if you can wait.... at least or 6 to 8 months.

HTC is planning to launch sub 10k PDA phones, if you can wait.... at least or 6 to 8 months.

source of information for this snippet ?

Why our CDMA handset's battery run our quickly?

As per CDMA specification CDMA phones are using less power than GSM!(quoting encyclopedia)

In ideal conditions CDMA should give better battery life because of slot cycle, iwhich is usually - 2 / 2.56 seconds (Means phone wakes up every 2.56 secods and check messages / call)

But as network congetion increases, battery life decreases as then phone starts emitting at higher wattages. therefore CDMA has fewer call drops than GSM and better voice quality.

I remember initial days of reliance when it was launched, I was getting excellent battery life from Sam-191.

source of information for this snippet ?

here is the source.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/N...how/2884790.cms

Any way to flash Spice D88 to Spice D88n ???

No it can not be falshed to 88n apart from bluetooth both does not have any signi. change and BT is a hardware component.