Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

D-88n With Opera Mini

Why our CDMA handset's battery run our quickly?

As per CDMA specification CDMA phones are using less power than GSM!(quoting encyclopedia)

Battery consumption depends on the signal strength received by the mobile. IF signal strength is good, it consume less battery and if signal strangth is low, inthat case mobile consumes more battery power.

Anil Shah

^^^

Vikas,

Link: [url=http://192.220.122.83/model_spec_D88n.aspx]http://192.220.122.83/model_spec_D88n.aspx[/url

However the battery 800mAH will be totally inadequate for CDMA usage. Their specs says 1.7 hours to 3.5 hours. In reality, you can expect only about 60% of this time. So within 1 hour TT, your battery will be drained out. Hope they are giving 2 batteries and an external battery charger. Check this feature with the dealer before buying.

The above point is to be noted very seriously since its no use going for a phone promising so many features but not providing enough time to make use of it.. Not even talking.

there is a spare battery but no charger external included that shd be must

NO FM RADIO IN SPICE D-88n

CHINEES CECT 9898 IS BETTER THAN SPICE D88n

CECT-9898 HAVE FM (NO NEED TO CONNECT HEADSET)

pl help me to get one in mumbai i had tried hotspot and mobilestore even the web world

hey huys will u help me out in this matter i am using spice d-88n i want to activate r world in it so do u guys know how to do that bcoz i dont have it gateway/ proxy ip plz guys help me out mail it to me at this id umairahmed163@gmail.com

Just bought a Spice D-88n for 7000/- in Delhi, Although Hot Spot is selling it for Rs 7400/-.

It is a good phone. I'll post the complete reviews soon.

This phone has preloaded GPRS settings for some major service providers.

Meanwhile i'll be really thankful if someone can post me settings for Tata Indicom for this handset.

well the biggest drawback of the phone is that it has a weak batery and if you wanna see at what time you had called or received a call you will have to go in menu>call >dilaed/Missed/Options

you cant see from the call button

this supports only 20 incoming, 20 outgoing, 20 missed

Can someone plz post settings of TATA indicom for Spice D-88n.

The setting menu requires following fields..

User Name :

Password :

Gateway :

Number :

Port :

well if smbody can provide the details of tata then please also provide for reliance

well if smbody can provide the details of tata then please also provide for reliance

@ @ksh@T

Someone has posted these Reliance settings for Spice C-810. I hope it will work on Spice D-88 too.

serverip: wapgw.ricinfo.com

server port: 8080

server dial:#777

login name: SC810@wap.relianceinfo.com

Password: PaEs98nsde

well by entering the details the wap browser will work of D-88n

Does that mean with Java in this model, you can use java applications which need to connect to the net through CDMA network?

Does that mean with Java in this model, you can use java applications which need to connect to the net through CDMA network?

Any java application which needs to access the net will connect to the net through which ever connection u have set as default either cdma of gprs(gsm).

The GSM CHAT ROOM FEATURE OF THIS HANDSET IS REALLY VERY NICE......

well the connect settings for cdma 1x needs following :

account name:

user name:

password:

gateway:

number:

port:

what wd b filled in the above

Hi,

> Any java application which needs to access the net will connect to the net through which ever connection u have set as default > either cdma of gprs(gsm).

Thanks for clearing it. My 6265 just decided to stop working. It needs major surgery and so I thought I won't spend time and money on it. I am looking at d88n as I have another gsm connection too.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala

Hi,

> Any java application which needs to access the net will connect to the net through which ever connection u have set as default > either cdma of gprs(gsm).

Thanks for clearing it. My 6265 just decided to stop working. It needs major surgery and so I thought I won't spend time and money on it. I am looking at d88n as I have another gsm connection too.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala

even i gave my nokia 6265 to buy a Spice D88n. Go for it you'll be happy.

Hi anurag,

Thanks.

> even i gave my nokia 6265 to buy a Spice D88n. Go for it you'll be happy.

Was your 6265 in working condition? I was very happy with it. But I don't want to invest more in a dead phone.

I just visited the local dealer. He had only D88 with him. Maybe I will get it at the end of this week. I wanted Java in this phone to use some GPS application, I hope it works.

I hope you will be able to clear any doubts that I may have.

Rajesh

^^^

AFAIK, there is no JAVA application in D88n, so how can we install java apps here?

Secondly, the screen size of D88n is way smaller than 6265/6275. Am I right?

Even I will have to change my 6265 to another handset, but I am not moving to D88n because of the above.

Reason for Edit: Sorry folks, but I got confused with C810 and D88n, D88n does supports Java.

Edited by KumaarShah

During d launch d phone( spice d88n ) was costing near abt 8600,

So anybody can tell what its cost now..

Edited by Deeps

^^^

@Deepak

My dear friend, it should not be above Rs. 7400/-.

Regards.