Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

D-88n With Opera Mini

Hi,

> My dear friend, it should not be above Rs. 7400/-.

In a newspaper ad, the best buy price quoted is 7799.

Guys from Kerala,

Could you give me some pointers as to where it is available? I can't seem to locate a piece.

^^^

My dear friend, if their is a franchise of Hotspot in your area, then you can try over their for the lowest rates.

Regards.

Hi,

> My dear friend, if their is a franchise of Hotspot in your area, then you can try over their for the lowest rates.

I don't know whether this was intended for me. Anyway my local guy here sourced the Spice D88n for me. It was Rs 7700 and I just have opened the pack and have ut it for charging.

Hi,

> well by entering the details the wap browser will work of D-88n

It did not work in my case. It says network connect failed!

Hi Anurag,

> even i gave my nokia 6265 to buy a Spice D88n. Go for it you'll be happy.

I did buy the phone. I use reliance. The CDMA messages are not being sent.

Nor could I make the wap browser connect through the CDMA network.

You use TATA. Are you able to send messages?

well i purchased D-88n for 7380 with Airtel Sim and I year incoming and talktime of 100Rs . .

Hi Anurag,

Usually in CDMA SMS are sent over paging channel, if phone is not on voice / data. If on voice / data then it is sent over main channel. Also CDMA SMS do not have message centre concept like GSM. SO I really wonder why SMSes are not sent if phone is properly logged on to system?

THis could be phones OS problem.

WAP can not be connected unless service provider gives you SSD and other authentication data.

Hi Anurag,

Dear drtrrk

I am very much able to send cdma sms without doing any particular settings. Although sometimes i don't receive delivery reports but messages are delivered on the other end.

You can not use your wap browser by connecting thorugh the CDMA network as this does not have preinstalled wap settings for CDMA.(it has pre installed wap settings for some major GSM operators). You have to manually insert CDMA wap settings which unfortunately no body properly knows. Although somewhere in this thread wap settings for Relience are posted, if u r lucky it may work on your handset.

Anyways, you can easily connect this handset to your PC/laptop & use it as CDMA data modem.

Edited by anuragz

WAP settings here on RIMweb are not truely WAP settings. They are PPP settings. WAP log on is generally by QNC and it uses different authentication procedures than PPP.

If your phone supports PPP then you should be able to browse. I am reproducing settings posted here on RIMweb (Not me)

serverip: wapgw.ricinfo.com

server port: 8080

server dial:#777

login name: SC810@wap.relianceinfo.com

Password: PaEs98nsde

Above settings clearly says that your phone will browse using proxy server of reliance. Means it will be optimized for mobile devices, will scale down images, remove java and scripts etc.

Hi,

> Usually in CDMA SMS are sent over paging channel, if phone is not on voice / data. If on voice / data then it is sent over main > channel. Also CDMA SMS do not have message centre concept like GSM. SO I really wonder why SMSes are not sent if phone > is properly logged on to system?

Most of the above went right over my head. I understood the message centre concept, though!

Maybe it takes time to register itself on the CDMA network, it started sending messages. Though not tested completely (as I have to pay for every SMS) I got delivery receipt for GSM connection as well as Reliance FWP. It refuses to give me delivery receipts for Reliance mobiles. I can live with it so long as it actually sends the message. Though shown as sent, one message has not reached another reliance mobile.

Maybe things will settle down!

Hi Anurag,

> I am very much able to send cdma sms without doing any particular settings. Although sometimes i don't receive delivery

> reports but messages are delivered on the other end.

Eventually I did manage to send sms from the CDMA side. But as you you have mentioned, delivery reports are not received for reliance mobiles. But I got the same for messages sent to a GSM mobile as well as to a Reliance FWP.

> Although somewhere in this thread wap settings for Relience are posted, if u r lucky it may work on your handset.

It took a lot of trial and error with the settings posted in different forums, till I managed to get a 'host not found' message in the browser. Then I changed the homepage to google and yes, it browses. Not a patch on the 6265 with its brilliant screen, but than all things, good or bad, have to end.

> Anyways, you can easily connect this handset to your PC/laptop & use it as CDMA data modem.

I have not tried it and I am not keen to try it also as my travels are very limited and I have broadband access at shop as well as at home.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi @ksh@T,

> well i purchased D-88n for 7380 with Airtel Sim and I year incoming and talktime of 100Rs . .

Thanks for the reply. Evidently Spice has more presence in your parts than here. It was tough to source one and with an advertised 'best buy' price of 7799, can't ask for much reduction.

Hi kshah,

Thanks for the reply. Your replies do indicate that I hardly kmow anything technical about these things.

> WAP settings here on RIMweb are not truely WAP settings. They are PPP settings. WAP log on is generally by QNC and it

> uses different authentication procedures than PPP. If your phone supports PPP then you should be able to browse.

I eventually got it to browse by trial and error.

> serverip: wapgw.ricinfo.com

> server port: 8080

> server dial:#777

> login name: SC810@wap.relianceinfo.com

> Password: PaEs98nsde

> Above settings clearly says that your phone will browse using proxy server of reliance. Means it will be optimized for

> mobile devices, will scale down images, remove java and scripts etc.

Direct use of these settings did not result in browsing. The error was that Connect failed. Another message in another topic advised about giving our phone number for id and password and different address for server ip.

When I used my number for id and password, I manageed to get a 'host not found' for the above ip address as well as the alternate suggestion.

In the D88n, - settings - connect settings - cdma1x - you can have upto 10 settins - edited one of the. It asks for account name, user name, password, gateway, number and port. Gateway was left as it is. User name and password were my mobile number. Port was 8080 and the number #777.

Then Services - WAP setup - select account. It asks for connect type (HTTP / WSP), homepage, Auto offline time setting. connect type was set as HTTP. The serverip mentioned above was given in the homepage section and it elicited a 'host not found' error. Substituting google.com there made it browse to google.

Thnaks for all the help.

Hi kshah,

Thanks for the reply. Your replies do indicate that I hardly kmow anything technical about these things.

> WAP settings here on RIMweb are not truely WAP settings. They are PPP settings. WAP log on is generally by QNC and it

> uses different authentication procedures than PPP. If your phone supports PPP then you should be able to browse.

I eventually got it to browse by trial and error.

> server port: 8080

> server dial:#777

> login name: SC810@wap.relianceinfo.com

> Password: PaEs98nsde

> Above settings clearly says that your phone will browse using proxy server of reliance. Means it will be optimized for

> mobile devices, will scale down images, remove java and scripts etc.

Direct use of these settings did not result in browsing. The error was that Connect failed. Another message in another topic advised about giving our phone number for id and password and different address for server ip.

When I used my number for id and password, I manageed to get a 'host not found' for the above ip address as well as the alternate suggestion.

In the D88n, - settings - connect settings - cdma1x - you can have upto 10 settins - edited one of the. It asks for account name, user name, password, gateway, number and port. Gateway was left as it is. User name and password were my mobile number. Port was 8080 and the number #777.

Then Services - WAP setup - select account. It asks for connect type (HTTP / WSP), homepage, Auto offline time setting. connect type was set as HTTP. The serverip mentioned above was given in the homepage section and it elicited a 'host not found' error. Substituting google.com there made it browse to google.

Thnaks for all the help.

Server IP is your proxy server. It can not be your home page. Home page if you want to use RWorld than you can put wap.rworld.com or some thing like that,

It means that if you use HTTP connection you can browse on your phone.

If you get connected using your mobile number, you can get connected using above usernme and password too.

Using your mobile number as username means you will be charged per minute and if you use above then you will be charged per KB.

Edited by kshah

Is there any User name for TATA for Pay as Use Type things

well the above settings of SC810 also dont work what to do!

Ya Akshat, Rworld is not working with these spice C810 settings. I have posted these settings on Spice C810 discussion group. Rworld is opening, but we can't download anything from rworld. When I search thru google, some letters and buttons are not visible on screen.

Hi kshah,

> Server IP is your proxy server.

Nowhere in the D88n settings does it ask for a serverip. It has place for a gateway and that is only as an ip number.

>if you want to use RWorld than you can put wap.rworld.com or some thing like that,

It elicited a host not found error. Other sites are working.

> It means that if you use HTTP connection you can browse> on your phone.

If I use the WSP setting instead of HTTP, it says 'wap gateway not found'.

> If you get connected using your mobile number, you can get connected using above usernme and password too.

Today it did work with the user id and pass word mentioned here.

> Using your mobile number as username means you will be charged per minute and if you use above then you will be

> charged per KB.

Thanks for that info. I am really not into browsing from the phone. I just wanted it to work. The browsing is no where as good as it was in my Nokia 6265. Overall I would rate the 6265 much much higher than this D88n. 6275 would have been a better buy if it were still available.

Thanks for all the help.

Ya Akshat, Rworld is not working with these spice C810 settings. I have posted these settings on Spice C810 discussion group. Rworld is opening, but we can't download anything from rworld. When I search thru google, some letters and buttons are not visible on screen.

You will not be able to downola any thing from R world because R world uses JAVA and JAVA based authentication.

but still how will wap browser work! .. . . ne settings hetal, ashok, kshah . . .please do some r&d

You will not be able to downola any thing from R world because R world uses JAVA and JAVA based authentication.

Thanks, Akshat,

In which platform wap browser for spice handsets are working? It have brew browser for downloads, but everytime when I'm trying to connect with that application, it says unable to connect, verify your account. Do you know what the username and password for brew set up for spice handsets?

Please help

opera is in java form the appearance is not as good as nokia but it doesnt connects thats what everyone is searching here

dear all

pl comment on spice d88n model battery , charging of battery outside hand set, gprs for bsnl no, operating opera mini through. i am having one reliance connection and one bsnl prepaid connection to it. thanks in advance

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

hey guys i hv one query ....is the charging pt n the data point different or same......i want to use this phone as modem....so is charging possible side by side with acessing data thru modem......

plz answer...i wud like to go for this set as soon as possible...

^^^

@Abhish

My dear friend although I'm not aware about the charging point of this handset. But one this is for sure that your mobile's battery will be charged automatically when you plug your data cable to the PC. In almost all the handsets battery charging starts by itself whenever you plug the data cable. That means whenever you want to access data connection through your mobile to pc, your data cable will work as a charger also which simultaneously charge your battery also. So their is no need to worry my dear friend.

Regards.