Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

D-88n With Opera Mini

hey guys one more thing i hv to ask does the phon gives an indication on which line the incoming call is coming......like if the call is coming on cdma or gsm????

Yes, it says GSM/CDMA Calling..

Also, it separately displays both signal strengths.

hey guys one more thing i hv to ask does the phon gives an indication on which line the incoming call is coming......like if the call is coming on cdma or gsm????

Yes, it says GSM/CDMA Calling..

Also, it separately displays both signal strengths.

thnks a lot jayanth bhai.....

Not just that guys.. Any Dual makes a lot of sense for ppl who are on frequent roaming..

In case you already have a CDMA - Relaince, you must opt for another something, like a Life Time Prepaid BSNL/MTNL which has the max. network coverage in remote/rural areas, national highways etc.

Here while travelling, always keep your phone on single service provider instead of permanent dual.

This will save a lot of battery.. change to dual or to MTNL only when there is no RComm signal.

Damages - In LT Prepaid once in 6 months, u must recharge for min of Rs. 200..

Damages - In LT Prepaid once in 6 months, u must recharge for min of Rs. 200..

i have a MTNL lofe time pre paid connection which i have not recharged for more than an year & it working fine. Although it had a condition of rechargin for atleast Rs. 100 once in 6 months.

I dont think that service providers disconnect life time connections for not recharging.

Hmmm, you are lucky enough my dear Anurag. Enjoy atleast free incoming calls without recharging.

Regards.

Well the classic Tetris game attached. Just copy it to ur memory card & run it to play.

YetAnotherTetris_252.jar

Edited by Asit

Guys, you have defeintely done a great job of soritn out the d88.

Please be kind enough to detail the modem setup for the d-88n for reliance netconnect funtion.

Thanks a million in advance.

Raj

i have d88n mobile.but i did not pcsuit and cable drivers for this mobile.where should i get them

Well the classic Tetris game attached. Just copy it to ur memory card & run it to play.

YetAnotherTetris_252.jar

i want to use d88n mobile as modem for net connection through reliance or aitel network.i want the pcsuit and cable drivers for this.plz send the deatails to my mail: murali_fashion@hotmail.com

YetAnotherTetris_252.jar

i want to use d88n mobile as modem for net connection through reliance or aitel network.i want the pcsuit and cable drivers for this.plz send the deatails to my mail: murali_fashion@hotmail.com

i want pcsuit.but u r not responding that

Murali, be calm - people aren't 'obliged' to respond. They will respond if they have the means. If Asit has the required software, he will definitely share, or someone else on the board will share if they have it and read your post wanting the software.

Be calm, and welcome to the online world of Rimweb. ^_^

Murali u r in so hurry yaar. Plz have some patience.

Anyway I have no idea about D-88n's PC Suite, and moreover I am not searched for that too. BTW why u want PCSuite ?

Secondly, if u have bought the freshone then the cable drivers & the software to connect to internet must have in the memory card.

If it is not there, then download it from the following link.

Link : http://www.spice-mobile.com/software.aspx

They will respond if they have the means.

Thanks yaar.

Actually I have not logged in after those posts, and when I saw that I replied.

Edited by Asit

Spice has launched new dual mobile called D-88n which is updated version of D-88.

Its preloaded with opera mini.

It has bluetooth and Java compared to its predecessor.

http://192.220.122.83/model_fer_D_80n.aspx

the above link is not working can you send us a new working one?? i have proposed to buy a new phone probabily D88N

i have proposed to buy a new phone probabily D88N

^^^

My dear friend, if you had planned to go for Spice D88 Series handset then you should go for its latest model : SPICE D88 GOLD.

You can find more details about this handset in the below mentioned link.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=16549

Regards.

How can i copy my Nokia 6265 contacts to Spice D88n handset?

is there any free s/w that converts the contacts in vcf format..

I have the outlook pst file..

hello please let me know whether at commands work on spice mobile phones or not for sending sms from pc through spice handset and reliance connection.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

How can i copy my Nokia 6265 contacts to Spice D88n handset?

is there any free s/w that converts the contacts in vcf format..

I have the outlook pst file..

it is very simple.

1. Connect your 6265 to pc through a data cable. (You need to have Nokia Pc Suite installed on your PC before you conect your phone)

2. Now browse your mobile phone memory -> contacts & copy all your contacts on your pc (all contacts will be in .vcf format)

3. Now connect your Spice D88n to ur pc & copy all your contacts on yourr phone memory card's 'Contacts' folder ('contacts' folder will be present on your memory card by default)

4. after copying contacts....

on spice d88 go to Menu->Phone Book (or press 1)->Import & outport (press 9)-> import from file (press 2)->now just access your 'contacts' folder on your memory card.

It will take few minutes & it will import all your contacts from your memory card to your phone book.

*** you can follow the same steps to "export" or backup your phone book.

Hello friends...!!!

m also not getting delivery reports of d msg that have been sent through cdma...

N the msg r also not saved in d outbox..!!

n the biggest prob i m facing is that sometimes the msg get over laphed by themself..!!

Let me clear it 2 u...

As sometime the sender of a msg wld b 2 diffrent person but d msg wld b same...

but in d msg it wld be showing diffrent time..

N d sms sent by the 1st person is not present but d msg wld be same that hav been sent by 2nd person..!!

Now pls dont say me that they both might hav sent d same msg as before overlaping the msg were diffrent...!!!

Pls reply...

I am also facing the same problem, this phone lacks basic mobile phone features of correctly managing SMS.

I have written many emails to customer care of spice, but nobody cared to reply even after more than a month.

Support is pathetic for this phone, :NOTriste: the advertised features do not work.

I am attaching mail sent to the customer care, for all to see & be carefull:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

from Netrafter<XXXXXX@gmail.com> Jun 18

to

lokesh <lokesh@spicemobile.in>,

customercare <customercare@spicemobile.in>,

deepak <deepak.verma@spicemobile.in>

date Jun 18, 2008 8:22 PM

subject Re: Spice D-88n

mailed-by gmail.com

Hi All,

It seems that the preinstalled Operamini is not able to connect, i have tried many options but all in vain.

Please help me by guiding:

How to make operamini work on my phone (via reliance CDMA), I am even unable to make it work on GSM, GPRS. The phone just reboots at the point when operamini needs to check network setting.

How to upgrade to new operamini version 4.1

How to load other Java (.jar, .jad) application on my phone.

In built browser is not able to go to any other site than Spice-Gang, even known wap addresses give "Directory listing denied, directory listing denied" error, please help on this as well.

Thanks & regards

Netrafter

==========================================================

from Netrafter Oct 13

to

lokesh <lokesh@spicemobile.in>,

customercare <customercare@spicemobile.in>,

deepak <deepak.verma@spicemobile.in>

date Oct 13, 2008 6:56 PM

subject Re: Spice D-88n

Hi All,

It's a disaster that I went by your words & bought this handset, it

was a mistake I made.

There is no "customer support" & also no basic courtesy to acknowledge

communication. All my prevoius mails regarding any issue were

unacknowledged & unanswered till date.

The handset lacks basic functionality like messaging, a simple thing

like SMS sending/storing & retreival does not happen properly on this

handset.

Same way another basic functionality like reciving calls does not work

as expected, other party may hear your number ringing but you will see

that the phone is in idle mode.

I hope someone will come forward & provide a solution or at least

offer to work on it.

Regards

Netrafter

Dont Buy D-88n From Spice, Please do not buy Spice D-88n

Please do not buy Spice D-88n unless you do not require customer support & want to use this phone as a dummy in a showroom.

Here is what I have observed since few months after purchasing this handset:

:Decepcionado:

• There is serious problem in the CDMA messaging part of this phone, some messages which you receive normally on other phones will be shown as blank, with just number & time of msg, without any content.
  • If you delete any message, then other messages nearby will get the same message you just deleted & the sender will be as it was before.
  • I am able to make the wap browser work through reliance CDMA, but it is not supporting other wap website.
  • I am unable to run Operamin, preloaded with the phone. The phone restarts when operamini starts network setup.
  • Preloaded operamini version is very old & look tacky, never version I've used on other phones are sleek & have more functionality, operamini website does not advertise this phone as supported model.
  • The supplied earphone does not function as expected, button on it does not accepts or hangsup calls & is of very cheap quality at par with the phones in Rs.700-800 price band.
  • There is no option to load other jar based Java programs or games.

:NOTriste:

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

Please do not buy Spice D-88n unless you do not require customer support & want to use this phone as a dummy in a showroom.

• There is serious problem in the CDMA messaging part of this phone, some messages which you receive normally on other phones will be shown as blank, with just number & time of msg, without any content.
  • If you delete any message, then other messages nearby will get the same message you just deleted & the sender will be as it was before.
  • I am able to make the wap browser work through reliance CDMA, but it is not supporting other wap website.
  • I am unable to run Operamin, preloaded with the phone. The phone restarts when operamini starts network setup.
  • Preloaded operamini version is very old & look tacky, never version I've used on other phones are sleek & have more functionality, operamini website does not advertise this phone as supported model.
  • The supplied earphone does not function as expected, button on it does not accepts or hangsup calls & is of very cheap quality at par with the phones in Rs.700-800 price band.

Hey Buddy..

Too bad that u had a bad sales/after sales experience.

We have spoken in great lengths that this phone does have very weak After Sales Service.

But u need to visit the ASC's & as the phone in under warranty, get everything re-done.

Get the Software upgraded & mention all our issues in a letter.

It will be done or PM me if Spice ASC in your City doesn't listen..

^^^

Jayant even I faced similar situation. Software upgrade can't solve the problem, and I think Spice ASC can't do more except that.

:cry:

I got the same phone but i am not being able to connect internet with usb cable...please help me out[

^^^

Browse through this topic, u will get the answer.

What is the meaning of ACS

Hey Buddy..

Too bad that u had a bad sales/after sales experience.

We have spoken in great lengths that this phone does have very weak After Sales Service.

But u need to visit the ASC's & as the phone in under warranty, get everything re-done.

Get the Software upgraded & mention all our issues in a letter.

It will be done or PM me if Spice ASC in your City doesn't listen..

Hai

What is the meaning of ASC/ ACS...

Edited by Tata Sky

^^^

Authorised Service Center... LOL