Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
city02

Connect Easy, Connect Cheap (monthly Waiver!)

R-Connect will now be available to Postpaid subscribers on a Zero Rental Tariff Plan with effect from July 9, 2004. Under the Zero Rental Tariff Plan, RIM owners will not have to pay any monthly rental charges for R-Connect and can use the facility at a rate of rupee one per minute. There will be no separate charges for data transfer. The Zero Rental Plan may be opted with any of the voice Tariff Plans of RIM.

R-Connect provides much faster Internet access vis-a-vis fixed line phones as well as the GPRS facility offered by some GSM players.

The Tariff Plan will meet the need of all categories of postpaid subscribers, especially those with low monthly Internet usage. In addition, all the three current R-Connect Tariff Plans (Standard, Silver, Gold) will also continue to be available.

After the launch of the plan, Postpaid subscribers who activate the R-Connect service (by dialing *412 & pressing the call button) will get the Zero Rental Tariff Plan by default. Existing R-Connect subscribers in any one of the RConnect

Tariff Plans (Standard/Silver/Gold) can migrate to the Zero Rental R-Connect Plan by first deactivating R-Connect service (by dialing *4120 & pressing call button). DAPO customers, who use RConnect with the Zero Rental Plan, will be given credit at the rate of 40-paise per minute in the first 400 minutes of usage.

post-4-1089704401_thumb.jpg

Indeed - very costly.. that too speeds are not far superior to dialups.

60 bucks an hr B) Worth a laugh!!

I thought Reliance was making Internet reach each n every home! With 60 bucks/hr wht r they trying to achieve?

On second thoughts the monthly rental of 200 for R connect might turn out to be cheaper for people who use net frequently compared to this crap

Looking at the way things are going I wonder what their broadband service will be like . I M going to read all the fine print before taking up one .

and for those who are frequently deactivating and reactivatig R-Connect to note that they inadvertantly will enter the Rs 1/- plan and if ignorant will faint at the bill next month :P

Also I fear they might take out the standard plan or stop new subscription to it.

The breakeven for the 2 plans is about 5.6 hours/month [11-12 min/day] or

Rs. 200 / (Rs. 1 - 0.40) = 333 min = Rs. 134 @ 0.40/min

So heavy users are better off with the old plan with a monthly fee,

while light users should switch to the new one.

e.g., my RC charges have varied from a low of Rs. 60 to Rs. 395 over the last 8 months!

so no change for me ...

but there still no value for money service for internet from reliance

as i told u hutch offers gprs for rs 499 flat a month in chennai.

vingan have u really tried hutch's gprs services coz their internet speed is very slow sometimes as low as 20kbps compared to average of 30 to 40 on landline connection v get

Haven't seen this tarrif offer on their site as yet. Is it a rumour/to-be-implemented or is this scheme available?

no rental plan is for those who use less frequently...

Haven't seen this tarrif offer on their site as yet. Is it a rumour/to-be-implemented or is this scheme available?

it says its available according to the article but i have not tried asking *333 or RWW about it since i don't plan to switch ...

maybe someone can try asking a rep to see if any notification has been sent out yet.

it might be a 'soft launch'!

:clap1:

they are pretty good at those ...

PS:

just confirmed with *333 and its in effect.

Does tht mean that both the R-Connect Plans for POSTPAID customers are open as of now? i.e. @40p/min + 200(Rental) & Re. 1/min +0 Rental

As far as tht article on the top goes, it seems as if the old plan stands withdrawn! Can somebody confirm this?

After the launch of the plan, Postpaid subscribers who activate the R-Connect service (by dialing *412 & pressing the call button) will get the Zero Rental Tariff Plan by default.

If u read this above, it means tht if u reactivate R-Connect after July 9, u automatically get the new plan...

So finally, is the old plan still in existence?

See the starting post by City02...it is clearly mentioned that existing tariff is also available

In addition, all the three current R-Connect Tariff Plans (Standard, Silver, Gold) will also continue to be available.

Oh okies! I had assumed tht "Standard" was an MB plan.. n hence that question. Anyways, thnx...!