Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Questions Asked During Interviews

Guys I have seen many people fail in their interviews. So I would really appreciate guys if you could post the questions that are asked during interviews and on the top you enter for which post were you applying for and what were the questions that were asked during an interview? It will help another person to be well prepared when he goes in there for an interview.

Well interview is a matter of luck mostly, if the interviewer asks questions what you know, you're lucky :D

Well interview is a matter of luck mostly, if the interviewer asks questions what you know, you're lucky :D

See ganesh, this is to help people getting well prepared when they go in for interview. As many families are such where they no one have to earn and they fully depend when their children will become big and earn. The mothers who have lost their husbands and just have one son to grow, so think the pain she must have taken to grow her child and the dreams for which she must be having when her child becomes big and earns. Every day that child goes for an interview and fails and comes back. SO THIS QUESTION I raised so that many people when they go they should passed their interview. I would request everyone of them to post. Each and every human being should post their questions so that they should be well prepared while answering. Interview is a matter of luck, but if people help then everyone can pass this luck, but only thing everyone should come forward to help. Just by saying luck nothing will happen. So I request everyone of you to help our upcoming youths. Kabhi bhi kissi ki dua kaam aa sakti hai.

Your resume is the one point lead to what your interviewer could ever ask you... think back and you'd realise it too... you are questioned on what your resume claims for you to be, to know and your aspirations...

realisation of this simple fact help me get thru some really tricky interviews thru my college and post grad years...

these are some questions i ask but only for marketing & branding type jobs:

- what's the difference between sales & mkt?

[ you would be shocked at how many MBAs in mkt flunk this basic one! ]

- give me 3 strengths & 3 weaknesses of yours

[ if the respondent can't give a min of 3 as asked, i consider it a failed response

if cliche's are used for weaknesses - 'i am a perfectionist' - i reject the candidate! ]

over 3/4th of the people i interview are totally incapable of performing the job despite the degrees/qualifications

so i focus on basics like communication skills, body language, work exp, dress sense, personal grooming

instead of education since it seems to be worthless these days and i will have to train them for a few months in any case before they become useful to the company

- current & expected compensation

- why do you want to quit your prev job?

- what do you enjoy doing? [ don't say working at the office! it sounds too insincere ]

- most challenging situation you have ever faced

- most uncomfortable time at work

- conflict resolution examples

- team work / work ethic example

but i don't ask all the questions all the time since the interview could take over an hour then!

monosyllabic answers get negative points

its your time to sell yourself - make the most of it [ if you can't sell yourself first - you can't sell anything else ]

i look forward to being impressed!

strength and weaknesses are for the first job only after a year or so, it is the job profile and what you claim to have done. thats it.

and when you go for a managerial position i have seen people go for a casual lunch break or an informal discussion in the guise of interview... but be ware.. casual conversation has questions planted so to access your compatibility with the organisation and your attitude towards the work and team management.

in the first round or the first interview also, i remember, i was wrong in most of the technical apects but still got the job cause of the never say die attitu and confidence with the capital C. It did not take much time for me to take charge of the work...

i disagree - i have used the str & weak question for people with upto 10-15 years work ex frequently

its a litmus test of self awareness & communication skills

to think that there is an upper limit beyond which such questions can't be asked is simply being naive

yes, for a CxO level position you might not get around to it if its apparent from the CV

[ even then weaknesses are not! ]

but it applies for over 3/4th of the positions in any large company

simple questions are necessary in an environment when over 3/4th of the candidates are unable to perform the job they have applied for

Guys are there only 3-4 people who work in offfices. Rest of you have their own offices or companies I think so. I request you guys to help today's youth to pass in all the interviews. So I would request you to post the questions asked during interviews and for which post are you applying please mentioned that also

The couple of URLs posted by Arun earlier covers most typical interview questions. The other type of questions that you will face in an interview are based on your academics.