Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Hp-mogul-clean-20273-a

@Dhiraj: The unzipped file size of One India map is 51MB. It can be extracted to your memory card in the following path

Mem card/Destinator apps/ One India.

Download the One India map from post# 76 by Gaurav in the thread "Find Your Way With The Htc Ppc 6800 - Mogul, PPC 6800 has a STANDALONE GPS!!! - And It works here too" by Karki

It is a zip file called karsewa hosted on rapidshare.

Extract the zip file, to your computer,which by default opens up in a Folder called Karsewa.

Create a Folder called Destinator apps on your memory card.

Copy all extracted files from the karsewa folder into the Destinator apps/ One India folder you have created on your memory card.

Download the Destinator software which is in the same post by Gaurav.

When you first extract the Destinator file you have downloaded, it will extract by default to folder named WM and will contain a cab file called Main and a dll file called Destcore

Copy these two files onto your mem card and run the cab file.

The Destinator software will install to your phone ( It will install by default to the main memory of your phone)

Now copy the Destcore dll file you have copied to your memory card and paste it to the following path on your phone to the main memory :

My Device/ Destinator Apps/ Destinator/

It will replace the old destcore file there with the one you just copied.

Now you will be able to run the Destinator software with the One India map :)

Edited by Anupe

@Anupe

Please give me step by step guide for gps without internet connection.

Download and install the Destinator software according to my previous post.

Now get these two additonal softwares also and install to your phone:

1) GPS Toggle. The software available in Ashok Karkera's Thread "Find Your Way With The Htc Ppc 6800 - Mogul, PPC 6800 has a STANDALONE GPS!!! - And It works here too" in Post # 20

2) GPS Test. Download the software from HERE

Install both softwares and follow Step 3 from post #14 of Ashok's thread to enable COM 4 and Baud rate 4800 in your connection settings on your phone.

You will now notice that you have a GPS toggle on your Today screen. Switch your GPS on, using this toggle.

Go to Programs and run GPS test and go to Menu/ Settings and ensure that Connection settings is COM 4 and Baud rate is 4800.

Let the GPS Test run now till you get 3 or more satellite fixes on your phone. Make sure you are standing in a nice clear area if you need to get a quick GPS fix.

Now open your Destinator software.

Go to Options/ Settings/ GPS Signal/ Set.. make sure GPS settings are in COM 4 and baud rate is 4800 here also and click OK.

You will see a screen which says your GPS is now connected with the number of satellites.

Using the Back button, go one page back and click on the Map button on the bottom right of your Destinator screen.

You will now be running on pure GPS without internet :)

@Anupe

Thanks a lot Anupe, will try and let you know.

BTW you are not facing any problems while running destinator like PPC clock slowing down etc.

No, haven't had that problem about clock slowing down, as yet. Probably I need to run the gps program a lot more extensively, which I plan to do over the weekend, as I will be driving about 600kms on Saturday/ Sunday. I will update here if I come across any issues.

@Anupe

Thanks a lot Anupe, will try and let you know.

BTW you are not facing any problems while running destinator like PPC clock slowing down etc.

its not the problem of CLOCK SLOWING DOWN.... but as soon as we get a fix GPS software like detinator the clock shifts back by 30 min w/o DST adjustments and 1hr. 30 min with DST adjustment.

If someone has solution to this problem please post it son.

thanks

@jabir

Have you initiated your phone as per dummies guide? If you have, then you must have enabled GPS in QPST. Then your GPS is preconfigured in Hetal's G ROM and you do not have to do any extra settings.

Go to GPS Tab on main screen and start Google Maps (or through Programs). It will load the map. Then in its Menu click Use GPS and Use Sattelite view. Stand in an open area open to sky and within 5 minutes you will start locking on to GPS satttelites (I have locked sometimes upto 9) and Google Maps will automatically move to your current location and load its map.

Thats it man, you are on GPS, wherever you move now your Map will move with you. However be aware Rconnect charges apply, so either switch to unlimited data plan or use with wi-fi (but that can only be done at your premises, not outside where you will need Rconnect)

First of all thanks Dkaile

I had already done and installed above things. But whenever i use google maps and clicking on use gps it shows a message"No GPS Reciever Found. Make sure u hav a gps reciever" why is it? Any misconfiguration please help me

@jabir

I think your GPS is not properly activated. Go to QPST again and initiate GPS settings as detailed in Dummies Guide. The GPS tabs have to be clicked again to activate them fully in QPST (they are greyed by default, after clicking the tick mark becomes white). If that is OK then read the post by ashoksoft about Finding your way in 6800. It has got detailed settings, check those also. Read the above post by Anupe and enable the com ports and baud rate as detailed by him. You should get it running.

@anupe

BTW what are your comments on rahuja's post above?

Edited by dkaile

@Dhiraj: The unzipped file size of One India map is 51MB. It can be extracted to your memory card in the following path

Mem card/Destinator apps/ One India.

Download the One India map from post# 76 by Gaurav in the thread "Find Your Way With The Htc Ppc 6800 - Mogul, PPC 6800 has a STANDALONE GPS!!! - And It works here too" by Karki

It is a zip file called karsewa hosted on rapidshare.

Extract the zip file, to your computer,which by default opens up in a Folder called Karsewa.

Create a Folder called Destinator apps on your memory card.

Copy all extracted files from the karsewa folder into the Destinator apps/ One India folder you have created on your memory card.

Download the Destinator software which is in the same post by Gaurav.

When you first extract the Destinator file you have downloaded, it will extract by default to folder named WM and will contain a cab file called Main and a dll file called Destcore

Copy these two files onto your mem card and run the cab file.

The Destinator software will install to your phone ( It will install by default to the main memory of your phone)

Now copy the Destcore dll file you have copied to your memory card and paste it to the following path on your phone to the main memory :

My Device/ Destinator Apps/ Destinator/

It will replace the old destcore file there with the one you just copied.

Now you will be able to run the Destinator software with the One India map :)

Link for one india map in post 76 is not working it shows "The download link has been manipulated and is therefore not valid."

I have downloaded from another loaction http://www.rimweb.in/downloads/India/

but don`t know how to use these files.

Kindly update how to use these files.

Thanks

@Dhiraj: In fact this evening, my clock went 1 hour FORWARD, not back, after using GPS. lol

I will try and find out if there is some way to rectify that issue which Deepak has pointed out. Probably it is a Destinator issue. But as for now, I dont mind correcting the time after using GPS, atleast it doesnt charge you for correcting the time, while Google charges you for using GPS :Contento:

@Gaurav: Make two folders.

First create a folder called Destinator apps.

Inside Destinator apps folder create a new folder and name it One India.

Download all the files from http://www.rimweb.in/downloads/India/ and place them in the folder called One India.

Then upload the Destinator apps folder to your memory card.

Follow rest of instructions as stated in my post earlier. :)

I am facing the same issue. After using destinator, my clock jumps one hour after wake-up next time . So looks like Destinator is messing up with my Mogul's body clock. Also, Destinator eats up lot of RAM memory compared to Mapking.

Hi

Can u give me link for mapking and India maps (Delhi specially) pls.

Thanks.

@Anupe

I am done all step u gave for gps

when i click on destinator.exe Map not found this type of message shown

@Anupe

I am done all step u gave for gps

when i click on destinator.exe Map not found this type of message shown

Till y'day I had the same problem, but then my friend. Deepak Rahuja, told me the exact path where the map folder should be. And then it was done. :)

It is Micro SD -> DestinatorApps - > oneindia folder. Copy all 10 files in this folder and it will work, after running there will be 13 files.

Why dont you guys use Google Maps Online?

I first Moved Original DestinatorApps folder created in Device by Destinator installer to Micro SD Root.

"Storage Card\DestinatorApps\" folder

Then Create Folder Named "Map" inside "Storage Card\DestinatorApps\" folder

Looks Like "Storage Card\DestinatorApps\Map" folder and Copy all 10 files in this folder and it will work.

Why dont you guys use Google Maps Online?

this will charges for internet data charge and this map is use for free

@ABC

your idea is work thanks

@Anupe - Your clock has gone 1 hour ahead because you must not have unticked the DST Mode in Time zone. My clock has gone back half hour after using destinator. That was quickly reset by Settings-Phone-Services-Time Synchronisation-Automatically update time and date from Service Provider. I have also copied the destinator folders to my memory card as suggested by ABC and now it is also working from Quick Launch Tab on Todays Screen-GPS (in hetals G ROM) and also from Programs (left it both main memory and micro SD)

But unfortunately destinator does not have map of my city "MEERUT". If anybody know where to download, pls tell. Will try destinator when in Delhi.

Google Maps has got my city's map but then it costs to use it and there are no voice prompts, but it does have sattelite view and is more precise than destinator. If we could add voice prompts to Google Maps and get Offline Google Maps (because I have imported a 8GB Card), wouldn't that be deadly... karki-help needed.

Edited by dkaile

@ dkaile : is theer cost for using GPs in google maps ?

plz explain and fromm where u bought 8gb card ??? I also need one whats its cost ?

@hari

The cost of using GPS on Google Maps is of Rworld/Rconnect charges and not of GPS. GPS is free. Because Google Maps uses Rconnect to load Maps from its site. Thats why I was talking of offline Google Maps which can be copied to my memory card and then I can use GPS on google maps without the need to load maps online by Rconnect.

I have bought it from ebay USA by seller fastmemoryman cost Rs. 2000/- approx (including shipping) Here the Link

Edited by dkaile

WHat memory card should i put in my 6800? I was thinking of 8GB microSDHC, but a friend suggested to go for 2GB. I want to use GPS also. I'm working on going to lighter rom and install everything else on memory card. Do suggest.

2 GB here in India is for 500/- approx and 8 GB (in India) is approx 2500/-. So you weigh your pro and con. What is your usage etc. Also 2 GB would be normal SD while 8 GB would be high speed SDHC which is approx 2-6 times faster than SD (depending upon Class purchased). I suggest you go for 8GB and keep original 512MB for emergency booting (like for unbricking your phone). If you have Credit Card and Paypal and Ebay account, refer to my link above and purchase card directly from US for approx 2000-2100/-

@dkaile : thanks for the info man....i thought some extra charges will be thr for google maps...i will be ordering my 8 gb today itself..... thanks for the info sharing

I think we are deviating from topic. Moderators may please move all GPS related posts to the GPS topic i.e. Finding your Way.... by Ashok Karki

Go ahead and buy the 8GB SDHC by SanDisk. I've been using it from the day I got my HTC Touch. Lovely card!!! Comes with a 5 year warranty and its own card reader too.