Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yunus

Lg 6600, Finally Succeeded To Sync With Pc Using Data Cable

Hi Guys,

I will be greatlly obliged, if any one you'll could guide me where to find the pc sync for lg rd 6600. I have a previous data cable lg-usb-4000, whether it can be used for the sync purpose.

Thanks in advance

rgrds,

vm

Hi Mishraji,

You can download the same from www.lgmobiles.com, I don't know whether Lg-usb-4000 will work, but Lg-Rd-5130 will definetly work , as I had used the same.

Thanks

Nilesh

As per LG RD6600 Product Note Data cable for LG RD 6600 is

Serial Data Cable - Model: LG-DC300DJ-X

USB Cable - Model: LG-USB8100-X

Hi Guys,

I will be greatlly obliged, if any one you'll could guide me where to find the pc sync for lg rd 6600. I have a previous data cable lg-usb-4000, whether it can be used for the sync purpose.

Thanks in advance

rgrds,

vm

Hi Mishraji,

You can download the same from www.lgmobiles.com, I don't know whether Lg-usb-4000 will work, but Lg-Rd-5130 will definetly work , as I had used the same.

Thanks

Nilesh

the entries that u make via a cable in phone...when the no call u ...u wont get any ring..

i mean to say

aap mera no comp se apne phone par dalo..ok then main aapko call karoon...screen pe call aayegi par ring nahin bajegi na vibra hoga

ask any asc guy...from lg...

aisa pata nahin kyon hai par aisa hota hai

i have seen in many lg handsets.,...

Hi, I have this same problem when I transfer contacts from the computer. The solution what I found for this is to open the

contact name in the "Find" list or phone book and keep on pressing 'OK' two times till it shows "saved". You will have to to this for all the contacts that have this problem.

Dear Yunus,

I have been trying to do the same but not yet suceeded. See I have bought a cable ( I guess its USB) from internet. Now as guided by you I installed PL 2303 driver wich was there in the installation CD. then I tried installing USB cable dirver form my CD which came along with the cable. Since you have told that we have to have the serial cable driver, I have tried searching on web and installed it.

Now the problem is, whenver I install any dirver, it says driver is not correctly installed. when I ignore the message, and continue to use the PC sync, it says fail to find USB port.

Can you please help me out??? I am not much tech pro so please give me links to find out the drivers, so that I can use my RD6600.

I have never faced any problem with me Nokia 6265, but I feel I have done a mistake by buying RD6600.

Thanks for your patience to read such a long query.

Regards,

Sachin

After lot of R&D since last 15 Days, I have finally succeeded in syncing LG6600 with PC using data cable with a USB interface.

First a fact about the data Cable.

The USB Data cables for LG phones available in the market is actually a serial cable with a USB interface. It's actually a 2-in1 cable i.e a USB to serial converter & serial data cable with a connector for LG phones on the other end. This is the reason the USB driver does not work. ( I wonder if this fact is known by LG techies !! )

Step by Step Guide :

1) Use a USB cable meant for 5130 if you can't find one for 6600 as the socket on the phone for data cable is same(or any other LG handset as I suspect all must be same)

2) Install driver for USB to Serial converter cable. Google for "PL-2303" & you will find the driver. (If requested I can upload it here also)

3) Install driver for LG serial cable. (you will find this in the "LGCOM" directory on the installation CD which comes along with the cable). Again I used the driver meant for 5130 but I guess any other model will do. But it is necessary that you install driver for serial cable & not USB cable

4) Go to Menu--->Settings--->Line Speed & set it to 115K

5) Now go to configurations in LG sync manager, on communications setting tab select the port where u have inserted the cable & select communication type as serial.

Now Run the sync manager & you are all set to connect to your PC !!!

Dear Yunus,

Will you please upload the drivers-other required files for me. Kindly send the link for download on rajas.raut@relianceada.com

Thanx

Rajas

Dear Yunus,

I have been trying to do the same but not yet suceeded. See I have bought a cable ( I guess its USB) from internet. Now as guided by you I installed PL 2303 driver wich was there in the installation CD. then I tried installing USB cable dirver form my CD which came along with the cable. Since you have told that we have to have the serial cable driver, I have tried searching on web and installed it.

Now the problem is, whenver I install any dirver, it says driver is not correctly installed. when I ignore the message, and continue to use the PC sync, it says fail to find USB port.

Can you please help me out??? I am not much tech pro so please give me links to find out the drivers, so that I can use my RD6600.

I have never faced any problem with me Nokia 6265, but I feel I have done a mistake by buying RD6600.

Regards,

Sachin

After lot of R&D since last 15 Days, I have finally succeeded in syncing LG6600 with PC using data cable with a USB interface.

The USB Data cables for LG phones available in the market is actually a serial cable with a USB interface. It's actually a 2-in1 cable i.e a USB to serial converter & serial data cable with a connector for LG phones on the other end. This is the reason the USB driver does not work. ( I wonder if this fact is known by LG techies !! )

Step by Step Guide :

1) Use a USB cable meant for 5130 if you can't find one for 6600 as the socket on the phone for data cable is same(or any other LG handset as I suspect all must be same)

2) Install driver for USB to Serial converter cable. Google for "PL-2303" & you will find the driver. (If requested I can upload it here also)

3) Install driver for LG serial cable. (you will find this in the "LGCOM" directory on the installation CD which comes along with the cable). Again I used the driver meant for 5130 but I guess any other model will do. But it is necessary that you install driver for serial cable & not USB cable

5) Now go to configurations in LG sync manager, on communications setting tab select the port where u have inserted the cable & select communication type as serial.

Dear Yunus,

Regards,

Sachin

Step by Step Guide :

@Sachin Jain,

It is not clear which type of cable & drivers you have actually used. If you have recd an installation CD alongwith the USB cable then the serial drivers (for LG 5130) should be found in the 'LGCOM' directory as I have already mentioned before.

Now uninstall all the drivers you may have installed & send me your e-mail so that I can PM you the drivers I used. Also make sure Bluetooth is off & you follow steps # 4 & 5.

Thanks,

Yunus.

Dear Yunus,

My installation CD doen not have the folder mentioned by you not it had serial cable driver.

My mail id is sachinnjain@hotmail.com, can you please give me the link to both the drivers?? Also comment on the error "USB prot not found"

Regards,

Sachin N Jain,

Dear Yunus,

Regards,

Sachin

Step by Step Guide :

@Sachin Jain,

It is not clear which type of cable & drivers you have actually used. If you have recd an installation CD alongwith the USB cable then the serial drivers (for LG 5130) should be found in the 'LGCOM' directory as I have already mentioned before.

Now uninstall all the drivers you may have installed & send me your e-mail so that I can PM you the drivers I used. Also make sure Bluetooth is off & you follow steps # 4 & 5.

Thanks,

Yunus.

Dear Yunus,

My installation CD doen not have the folder mentioned by you not it had serial cable driver.

My mail id is sachinnjain@hotmail.com, can you please give me the link to both the drivers?? Also comment on the error "USB prot not found"

Regards,

Sachin N Jain,

Sachin,

I assume that the cable you are using has a rectangle box in between. If yes than this is a Serial cable with a USB interface. That means the first half is a Usb to Serial convertor & 2nd half is serial cable for LG phone.

I have PM you the drivers. First install the PL 2303 driver which is for Usb to Serial convertor, which will recognize your cable. don't connect the phone yet. Then install the serial driver of LG RD 5130 which is actually a rconnect dialer for LG5130. Follow the instructions & connect the phone when asked to. At the end it will says that the driver is not installed, but just ignore that & re-start you PC. This is really strange but this is how it worked for me.

Then Once you install these drivers as per my instructions, you will not get this error "USB port not found" again. Remember to uninstall any other drivers you may have installed to facilitate a clean install.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Dear Yunus,

Thanks for helping me. The cable which I am using is meant for 2230 (as it is written on this) and it does not have any box in between, So its a USB cable.

The drivers which you had send on my hotmail id is not downloadable as same have been blocked by website, have reverted to you on the same. Can you please let me know the link or any other way to have the driver.

I have not yet updated a single contact manually in my phone, and am stubborn to get it done thru PC sync only.

Thanks in advance.

Sachin

Dear Yunus,

Regards,

Sachin N Jain,

Sachin,

I assume that the cable you are using has a rectangle box in between. If yes than this is a Serial cable with a USB interface. That means the first half is a Usb to Serial convertor & 2nd half is serial cable for LG phone.

I have PM you the drivers. First install the PL 2303 driver which is for Usb to Serial convertor, which will recognize your cable. don't connect the phone yet. Then install the serial driver of LG RD 5130 which is actually a rconnect dialer for LG5130. Follow the instructions & connect the phone when asked to. At the end it will says that the driver is not installed, but just ignore that & re-start you PC. This is really strange but this is how it worked for me.

Then Once you install these drivers as per my instructions, you will not get this error "USB port not found" again. Remember to uninstall any other drivers you may have installed to facilitate a clean install.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Dear friend,

I have tried bluetooth dongle to transfer data. I succeeded to send mp3 and image files fro PC to phone but can't send video. I cannot send anything fro mobile to PC.

Than I have purchased data cable from e-bay at Rs. 250 and this cable works 100% with LG desktop software.

Following are link for buying cable,

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=110200062825

You can download LG Desktop from,

www.lgmobiles.com

:Contento:

Edited by sardhari

Dear Yunus,

Regards,

Sachin N Jain,

Sachin,

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Hi Yunus,

I am also facing the same problem. The CD does not have the serial cable drivers. The cable I am using is for LG 7230/6130/6000. Please send me the link for the serial drivers you were refering. my email ID is sarath.gollapudi@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sarath

No need to search for drivers here and there. Just download LG RD6600 Pcsync program from http://lgmobiles.com and in the zip file you will get LGRD6600drivers.exe install that and plug your data cable. System will now automatically detect and install all required drivers.

For me its working fine.

@ Shantanu,

I am using LG6600 since the last 20 days & I feel it will meet almost all of your requirements. The only grey area is the battery life, but since the phone can be charged using the USB cable while you connect to the net thru rconnect, you will not run out of the battery so soon. Rconnect can also be connected thru blurtooth.

Yunus.

hi I am willing to purchase LG RD6600 can u plz suggest me

->quality of camara

->sound while listening mp3(songs) with handsfree or with set

->finally battery if i talk continuously then what is its life? Is it betwee 2-3hrs or less

and any other feature or drawback u can suggest me from ur side

Edited by yogesh.patel

^^^

->quality of camera

No too good but ok.

->sound while listening mp3(songs) with handsfree or with set

Excellent

->finally battery if i talk continuously then what is its life? Is it between 2-3hrs or less

between 2-3hrs talktime

HI Yunus,

The 5130 Cable will definitley work and you can also download the Sync Software from below location.

http://www.lgmobiles.com/PCsync/RD6600_Syn...p;%20Driver.zip

This combination is the best possible solution.

Regards,

Atul

Hello Friends,

Has anyone tried to sync contacts using a USB cable? I tried with the one meant for 5130 ( Since the vendors do not yet have a cable specific for LG 6600) though it fitted perfectly well & even started charging the phone via the USB port, I am unable to sync as the LG sync manager gives an error that "USB port not Found"

I had a similar problem with the USB cable when I was using 5130 & after trying out different cables I found out that LG 5130 recognized only a serial cable. Is this the problem with 6600 also ???

Please help me if someone has successfully tried out a USB cable as I have to feed in more than 500 contacts or else I would have to switch to serial cable again. The only problem with the serial cable is that you have to buy a usb to serial converter also as nowadays laptops do not have a serial com port.

Yunus.

Unlocking a nokia mobile cell phone allows the use of any sim card in your handset. This removes the restriction some network providers put on phones to allow them only to work on their network. Mobileunlock.co.uk allows you to obtain cell unlock codes online, or via software downloads for free and for any nokia fone. See page 2 for the nokia unlock code calculator and calcs - SmartDCT4calc

http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...amily_v600i.jar http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...Family_v535.jar http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...MyFamily_K1.jar

Can I Use Data Cable For Lg 2030 With Lg RD 6600 ? there is one softwares named rconnect in there their is a lot's of mobile model no but there is no lg rd 6600 wt can i do and i already install a data usb cable of lg rd 6600 but their is some problem ? help me

Edited by Honest
Topic Merged

No, Both having different connectors.

Can I Use Data Cable For Lg 2030 With Lg RD 6600 ? there is one softwares named rconnect in there their is a lot's of mobile model no but there is no lg rd 6600 wt can i do and i already install a data usb cable of lg rd 6600 but their is some problem ? help me

see the post in LG handset discussions. I have given a step by step procedure for connecting LG6600.

Yes you are right.

The LG Desktop software for 6600 does not have Bluetooth support. It supports only Serial and USB.

Whereas LG Desktop software for 6250 supports Serial, USB, and Bluetooth. (I use 6250 via bluetooth)

I have a strong urge to suggest those who have

a. bluetooth on their computer and

b. 6600

to try syncing 6600 using software for 6250 via bluetooth.

Regards

Hai,

can u tell me how u r conntecting to lg desktop using bluettoth. I habve changed the synchronisation option to bluettoh. But I am not able to connect it as it shows time out. I want to connect to my mobile LG6250 with bluetooth doggle I am having which I connect to my PC.

Dear Yunus,

I have been trying to USE INTERNET using 5130 datacable for 6600. from local market. But along with it, what i got was a motorola CD for connectivity., which is not working., also i dont/ could not get the pl2303 software for serial to usb conversion.

So kindly so fortward/ guide to me to install regarding the same., also how can i get the LG com software now, i am very eager., but i am sure the pin / usb data cable is recognised by my laptop. hope you will guide me regarding the same and reply at the earliest.

thanking you,

praveen.

^^^

Praveen some PL2303 cables have serious driver problems. Even u installed it successfully, it woludn't work.

The main problem is with the USB to SERIAL converter.

So plz check it thoroughly & if possible ask the seller to install & use the cable infront of u & then buy it.

^^^

There are different versions for different models. So plz mention ur model.

^^^

There are different versions for different models. So plz mention ur model.

I am sorry, i ment the one for LG RD6600.

thanks for replying