Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Asit

Ringtone Download For Lg 3100 And 3000 With Bitpim

HI everybody, I am succesful in downloading ringtone in my LG 3100. I used a USB cable of LG 5340 (China made - without any box in the middle of it), which driver I had uploaded (plz remember that the driver is only for this type of cable, and it will be displayed as Nokia CA-42 USB (virtual com port no.) screenshot attached) or you can also use the CA-42 driver for Nokia (Chinese made cables). Or a simple serial cable.

post-17867-1208239262_thumb.jpg

After connecting the cable, connect the phone and start Bitpim (1.0.5 - official release). Now click on Edit->Detect Phone.

It will detect ur phone as Other CDMA phone on COM(no.).

Then Click on Filesystem. The structure will be displayed on the right side. There first open it by clicking on the + sign, which will expand. Now search for the folder Ringers (brew->shared->ringers), it is the same downloaded folder found while selecting ring tone. Here, in the Ringers folder you can add your ringtones in midi format only.

And remeber that the midi files must have in numeric format with 10 digit (like this one : 5103439191) and must start with 51xxx and end with 191). You may try another option but it must be numeric and 10 no digit.

Ofcourse there is no limit for filesize as I have downloaded a 7kb midi file as ringtone. And no conversion is required. So hav fun.

lg_3100.zip

And also remember wallpaper can also be dowloaded though bitpim. The folder next to Ringers, i.e. Wallpaper stores the files downloaded in to the phone (Wallpaper->Theme->Downloaded). But for that purpose you have to find *.paf files or to covert image files to paf format. I am unable to do the same. So plz if anyone is successful, then plz let us know.

Edited by dhenkuu

Welcome to the techie world Asit. Very well written post :)

cheers

karki

Welcome to the techie world Asit. Very well written post :)

cheers

karki

thanks

Good news for LG 3000 users. The same method can be used on LG 3000 to download ringtones.

HI everybody, I am succesful in downloading ringtone in my LG 3100. I used a USB cable of LG 5340 (China made - without any box in the middle of it), which driver I had uploaded (plz remember that the driver is only for this type of cable, and it will be displayed as Nokia CA-42 USB (virtual com port no.) screenshot attached) or you can also use the CA-42 driver for Nokia (Chinese made cables). Or a simple serial cable.

post-17867-1208239262_thumb.jpg

After connecting the cable, connect the phone and start Bitpim (1.0.5 - official release). Now click on Edit->Detect Phone.

It will detect ur phone as Other CDMA phone on COM(no.).

Then Click on Filesystem. The structure will be displayed on the right side. There first open it by clicking on the + sign, which will expand. Now search for the folder Ringers (brew->shared->ringers), it is the same downloaded folder found while selecting ring tone. Here, in the Ringers folder you can add your ringtones in midi format only.

And remeber that the midi files must have in numeric format with 10 digit (like this one : 5103439191) and must start with 51xxx and end with 191). You may try another option but it must be numeric and 10 no digit.

Ofcourse there is no limit for filesize as I have downloaded a 7kb midi file as ringtone. And no conversion is required. So hav fun.

lg_3100.zip

And also remember wallpaper can also be dowloaded though bitpim. The folder next to Ringers, i.e. Wallpaper stores the files downloaded in to the phone (Wallpaper->Theme->Downloaded). But for that purpose you have to find *.paf files or to covert image files to paf format. I am unable to do the same. So plz if anyone is successful, then plz let us know.

Can I use lg RD 6600 data cable with lg rd 3100 phone?

Does LG 3000/3100 support net connectivity? Sorry for unrelated question, but it will justify the cost of buying the cable.

Does LG 3000/3100 support net connectivity?

No

^^^^

Could we have the link to download the latest version of bitpim

^^^^

Could we have the link to download the latest version of bitpim

search the forum yaar, it is there on tech progr. forum

anyway try bitpim.org

Edited by dhenkuu

thanks..

Good news for LG 3600 users. The same method can be used on LG 3600 to download ringtones.

Restarting the phone ios most inportant thing..

yeah me too want to know about *.paf files ..

Edited by NagpurDaMunda

yeah me too want to know about *.paf files ..

I have found nothing, if you are successful then let us know.

Good news for LG 3600 users. The same method can be used on LG 3600 to download ringtones.

Will this method work for 3610 ?

I have checked http://www.lgmobiles.com/index_cdma.php but it doesnt feature 3610 under "PCSync Program", but it has 3600. Can it be used to sync 3610 ?

^^^

Setu if u have the data cable for 3610, then why don't u try it urself & let us know what r the results?

^^^

Setu if u have the data cable for 3610, then why don't u try it urself & let us know what r the results?

I dont have any data cable. I dont know which data cable will work with 3610. I am sorry, I was not clear in my post that I didnt have the data cable.

^^^

Try the data cable of 3600. Hope it will work.

This method worked for LG RD 3610. The only difference is that I installed 3600's PC Sync Setup downloaded from lgmobiles.com. I didnt install Nokia's drivers given in the first post of this thread. In Device Manager this phone shown as "LGE CDMA USB Serial Port (COM11)" under Ports. I could user Bitpim to add ringtones. And I could also use PC Sync of LG RD 3600 on 3610 without any problem.

For LG RD 3610, Nokia's CA-101 cable is required.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

lg_3100.zip

On 3610, I placed two .mid files with suggested file naming pattern - 5110000191.mid and 5120000191.mid but the phone shows them as 5110000 and 5120000 respectively. While entering into the menu (ie. Profiles -> Genenral -> Edit -> Ring Tone -> Downloaded) it always shows that the last file is selected and it always plays the first file. Irrespective of the selection, for incoming call the first file gets played. This happens when there are more than one file in brew->shared->ringers. If I delete first file on phone, the next file which becomes first file gets played. So effectively, when there are more files on the phone only first file gets played for incoming calls and the last file is shown as selected.

Has anybody experienced this problem ? Any solution/workaround ?

^^^

Setu what version of BITPIM u r using? Even I faced the similar problem with my 3100 & thought that the problem is with phone's firmware. But I think there is something wrong with BITPIM or something else.

R u using the latest, ie 1.0.7

I am using BitPim 1.0.6 - Official.

BitPim 1.0.7 is a test release. Will it solve the problem ?

^^^Don't know bro. I am using 1.0.7 & was thinking to test with 1.0.5 but presently 3100 is not with me.

If u can, plz do it with 1.0.5, may be it can help.

^^^Don't know bro. I am using 1.0.7 & was thinking to test with 1.0.5 but presently 3100 is not with me.

If u can, plz do it with 1.0.5, may be it can help.

I tried Downloading a WallPaper from Reliance Web World for my RD 3610 for checking where & how the picture file is stored in the Phone Memory but unfortunately they have stopped WallPaper download as well in R'World. If you try to put a new PAF file into the default Theme folder it will not work as the firmware is designed to recognize just 3 PAF files in RD 3610. Also there is a Size limit for midi files in download ringtone section in rd 3610. If you try to put files with more than set limit, you cannot play it. Size limit is around 13 kb.

Also I feel that in many Rd 3 series phones they have Stopped Users from downloading wallpapers to the handset.(Even though it is flashing 15 rs for each download). :GirandoOjos: