Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manishag

Cheated By Abn Amro

frens i need the suggestion for the following incident

I am using ABN AMRO credit card. in month of feb i issued one cheque towards the payment of credit card bill. but in month of march i recieved a letter from ABN AMRO that cheque returned and reason for bounce was SIGNATURE DIFFER. I issued another cheque to the ABN AMRO just after recieving the letter. after recieving the 2nd cheque ABN AMRO presented both the cheques in my bank for clearance and both cheques get cleared from my bank. they recieved the payment from both the cheques. after clearance of cheque i recieved the call from recovery agent and he said that i have to pay the credit card bill. i told him that how can he call me for payment. after that i didn't recieved the call from ABN AMRO but today i again recieved one letter from ABN AMRO and this letter says that my cheque returned (the same cheque which was returned earlier too) on April 3rd 2008. though my statement says that cheque has already been cleared on March 26th.

so suggest me what should i do in this case.

frens i need the suggestion for the following incident

I am using ABN AMRO credit card. in month of feb i issued one cheque towards the payment of credit card bill. but in month of march i recieved a letter from ABN AMRO that cheque returned and reason for bounce was SIGNATURE DIFFER. I issued another cheque to the ABN AMRO just after recieving the letter. after recieving the 2nd cheque ABN AMRO presented both the cheques in my bank for clearance and both cheques get cleared from my bank. they recieved the payment from both the cheques. after clearance of cheque i recieved the call from recovery agent and he said that i have to pay the credit card bill. i told him that how can he call me for payment. after that i didn't recieved the call from ABN AMRO but today i again recieved one letter from ABN AMRO and this letter says that my cheque returned (the same cheque which was returned earlier too) on April 3rd 2008. though my statement says that cheque has already been cleared on March 26th.

so suggest me what should i do in this case.

Do one thing ! when you will get call from ABN Amro Ask Them There's Location ! if they give's you location then take your month's statement of bill and go directly to there office ! Show them your month's statement !

Problem will get solved !

Regards

Shyam

Edited by imshyam

confront the abn CC division with ur bank nd CC statements and prove the error in their transaction... do it ASAP

^^^

@Manish

My dear friend, sooner or later they are going to know that you had made the payment and your cheques are already been cleared from your bank.

Please note the points very carefully :

ABN AMRO has harassed you a lot by doing such kind of silly mistakes. Not only the bank send you letters twice but they presented your both cheques and the same were cleared also. And after that you received a call from their recovery agent.

Now this is the Golden Chance.

Instead of giving them the clarification just give them the threat that you are going to file a suite against them until and unless you get some compensation from them. I don't know what is your credit limit, but you can definetely get it increased as a compensation from the bank.

As the mistake was of the bank itself, they will have to compensate you.

Regards.

These banks are very notorious for such tactics. THey do not present the 1st chq at all. Phone them up and tell them to cancel the card and threaten them to go to consumer court if you received further calls. Ask them to rectify the error and take the transaction ID from the person, further inform them that you are recording the call as a proof. Offence in this case is the best defence.

Go to consumer court, immediately and go to RBI with your complaint and proof. I am sure you will be able to Screw up ABN bank.

I have read many complaints about ABN-AMRO Credit cards on different forums.

The average is 8 complaints ABN-AMRO, 1 HDFC, 1 ICICI, 1 SBI, 1 each of all other banks.....

So now as soon as I hear ABN-AMRO.... cheaters... thats what comes in my mind.

Suggestion.....never go for ABN-AMRO Credit Cards......

Just call a CC n ask for supervisor ... or reuqest for someone higher ups to call U.... take a request number for reference, name of rep who answers call & date/time.

that should be a good proof. Also possible fax a copy.

Send Emails to INDIATV, aaj tak or whoever u can think of. they want all this masala.

Its a systems failure at ABN Amro bank, this has happened many a times with me, alhtough not pertaining to credit card, Call ABN Amro customer care, your problem will be resolved.

^^^

It may be a systems failure, but then it happens mostly with ABN AMRO only. It has never happened with ICICI nor with Citibank. I have credit cards from multiple banks. The highest problem is from ABN AMRO and HSBC apart from SBI. These apart, I have not had any problem with any other bank.

I agree with Honest's, petar's and soniraj's suggestions - you threaten them with a consumer court case and also send emails to all TV News channels - this is the only way to get them to bend down and apologise to you. Ofcourse it may a systems error, but then there was no necessity for a collection agent to call you up and ask for payments. Since you are not at fault and also you say you have their letter to the effect that your sign differs, you have every right to screw them up thoroughly. If you have made one mistake and they would in all probability charged you Late fees, interest etc, you also can claim compensation from them.

Go to TV news channels and also approach a competent consumer court lawyer and file a suit. Dont leave them also.

i do agree i used the ABN AMRO credit card only once and they showed that they are the biggest cheaters. Also I have already recieved the SMS from ABN AMRO that they have recieved the payment towards that cheque. and i don't have to give the clarification to the cheaters. and presenting both the cheques is a crime according to banking law. and i am going to log complain to RBI. but apart from that I want to take help of media too so that these cheaters will know that we indians are not dumb.

whatever you decide to do eventually, please do post the outcome here on the forum... we'd all like to know how the bank responds to this one :P

I used to have a ABN Amro CC, and there were some issues regarding the annual fees. It was waived but didn't reflect in their system and I started receiving calls from the recovery team. I called up their office in Gurgaon and had the matter resolved from the agents their, but the recovery calls still didn't stop. And the recovery agent was very rude, in spite of telling her that i have had the matter resolved and it will show up in the next statement she did not budge and talked nonsense. I told her I would cancel teh card and put it to her rude behavior and she was like go ahead and do it, and even refused to escalate my call. I maintained my composure through out the call never ever shouting or talking even a bit loudly with the agent.

The very next thing I did was called up CC and asked them to cancel my card on account from rude behavior from their agents, my call was immediately escalated. They tried everything to retain me and my only condition was a personal apology from the rude agent, and a letter of action from the bank. They asked for a week, and within that week I received about 3 calls from the bank informing me that we are sorry for the behavior of our agent and it will not happen in future, but no sign of an apology from the agent herself. I finally asked them if the apology is coming or not and they said they cannot do that as it is against bank policy, so I went ahead and closed the card. End of story.

Moral of the story: Do not subscribe to ABN Amros's CC ever.

^^^

It is really absurd of the bank to show more importance to the collection agent than the customer.

Maybe the collection agent also would have threatened the bank of action, because these banks do not update their collections with the collection agent and in turn, these collection agents call us up and threaten. It is not their fault either, IMHO. It is solely the bank's fault.

I second your moral: Do not ever take up ABN's CC.

take up the matter with the banking ombudsman for your city

pretty ironic that they are advertising in their own hate topic!

post-1-1208378218_thumb.jpg

frens finally ABNO AMRO responded me when i give the appeal in RBI banking omb..

this time they send me the copy of the returned cheque that they recieved from ICICI Bank and they have returned all the charges that they have put on me. I am in doubt that what should i do. because ICICI bank debited my account on behalf of that cheque before they have returned the cheque.

for me it seems that two private banks are trying to cheat the customers

frens finally ABNO AMRO responded me when i give the appeal in RBI banking omb..

this time they send me the copy of the returned cheque that they recieved from ICICI Bank and they have returned all the charges that they have put on me. I am in doubt that what should i do. because ICICI bank debited my account on behalf of that cheque before they have returned the cheque.

for me it seems that two private banks are trying to cheat the customers

It is quite possible the ABN has re-presented the check and got clearance. If original cheque has been cleared, it would be with your banker. If not cleared and returned, it would be with ABN.

Ask ABN to return the original cheque. If they can't, confront with your bank statement and ask for credit of amount to your account and threaten to take the matter to ombudsman.

If you get back the original cheque, confront your banker and ask for reversal of debit and threaten to take the matter to ombudsman.

Alternatively, directly confront your banker with the copy furnished by ABN and ask for reversal. IF they say that the cheque has been cleared by them, ask them to give a certificate to that effect along with clearance details as well as the original cheque. Then armed with that take on ABN.

Edited by commonman

Ideally, payment made appearing in their bills would include the payments which are still in clearance..

even if any payment is subsequently bounced, it would ideally reflect in your next statement.

I hope u checked your bank stataments fro clearance..

The duplicate payment posting...u should have ideally taken the first cheque back before issuing another:)

The best way for credit cards are to go for cards with online payment facility.In case of icici bank, the payment reflects immediately. Link your credit card account to bank account. I have had both hdfc,icici and sbi cards. Sbi card was closed solely for the reason of not having online transfer facility when i had it. Icici is good but need to be careful. HDFC card rocks and i have 3 of them :)

Hmm... intrsting. I opted not to take HDFC credit card after reading all those stories on Mouthshut. They were calling me up every week to get me subscribed to lifetime free credit card or something (I have a savings a/c with them).

In what ways do HDFC cards rock for you?

As for linking your cards to your saving account... isnt that even more risky? That way they can deduct all kinda charges directly from your savings a/c!!! :o

I also had a similar experience. But after lot of persuation, the problem got resolved. I then bidded good bye to ABN AMRO. The details of my experience is available at http://ynsingh-myexperiences.blogspot.com/

The blog was really interesting... i dont own an ABN AMRO card, but vow not to get onr either in the future...!!