Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Htc S720 Doubts / Suggestions

I found the following on a site

"Wm6 comes normally with Internet Connection Sharing. However, it is disabled on S720. You can either look for the cab files to enable it "

Does it mean that making a netconnect dialer on S720 has been disabled?

Reliance says it has no Rworld, can I surf websites on S720 similar to what I do on my 6275?

Saurav, Internet connection sharing is used to share a internet conn from more than 1 system or clients.

I believe the meaning in this case is the feature to use internet from more than 1 PC/device from u'r mobile is disabled by default.

Is it possible to use ICICI Direct.comon Mobile s720? and will it be safe?

in a feature rich browser like opera, i think u can make java based websites work... basically browsing as an experience is unbeatable on iphone... everything else is a let down from there... so u can basically browse for news... check mail and do the regular thing... dont assume the phone's browsing can make do in absence of a PC...

icicibank.com won't work. I have checked it using many browsers (like IE for Mobile, Opera for Mobile, etc.)

No mobile browser supports java extensively and also most sites ask for browser as either IE5 and above. Hence bank sites are not accessible.

Saurav, ICICIDirect works even with my 6275, (I donot know about ICICI bank main website)

I used it check the statuc of order and update the orders while on the move.

So I believe in wm6 it will be for better than 6275 :)

I have latest opera browser in 6275 and I used to see the regular lock symbol shown for secure websites,

However it is bettet to use google to find the general info in mobile browser security.

Edited by ss_rakesh

"Wm6 comes normally with Internet Connection Sharing. However, it is disabled on S720. You can either look for the cab files to enable it "

Reliance says it has no Rworld, can I surf websites on S720 similar to what I do on my 6275?

I have a HTC S720 n rworld is there.as soon as u start internet explorer it directly gets connected to wap.rworld.co.in.u can use all d rworld things as in normal phone.Internet connection sharing is for using ur cell as an external modem n do net on a comp.U can contact me for any problem relating to it.i know i m not an expert but can help in normal things for rest some of d high tech stuff....tech gurus r always there.

I have a HTC S720 n rworld is there.as soon as u start internet explorer it directly gets connected to wap.rworld.co.in.u can use all d rworld things as in normal phone.Internet connection sharing is for using ur cell as an external modem n do net on a comp.U can contact me for any problem relating to it.i know i m not an expert but can help in normal things for rest some of d high tech stuff....tech gurus r always there.

Congratulations!

Rajdeep u r the first owner of this phone on this forum it will be of great help if you post a review of this handset.

I have a few doubts it will be of great help if you reply for the same:

1. Is it RUIM based?

2. How is the Battery response?

3. Are you abte to surf non wap sites?

4. Which color is available?

5. How is the sound quality of music and ringtone?

6. Camera Quality

7. Is their any freezing problem, hanging problem?

8. At what price have you purchased it?

Edited by Saurav

Hey just download my Extended ROM frmo PPC6800 ROm and Run Individual Cab Files to Make RWorld and all Stuff

easy ...

Congratulations!

Rajdeep u r the first owner of this phone on this forum it will be of great help if you post a review of this handset.

Thanks alot.I bought it yesterday only.Its a good phone n is faster dan my earlier Nokia 6265.D only problem which i have faced till now is dat d slider is too loose.even wen u r typing or scrolling through d menu d slider shakes.....it is irritating sometime.I m not able to find too many softwares for it as its not a touch screen phone(software which runs on my bro's PPC doesnt works on my cell) i specially want youtube player n opera web browser.if somebody can help me wit d softwares i would be very grateful to him.it looks good n is a little smaller dan nokia N73.Camera quality is ok n one cant zoom when u have selected d highest resolution....lower d resolution higher d zoom available.sound quality is very good n loud.as i message alot so for me unlimited message storing capacity has come as a welcome gift(used to get irritated wit nokia's limited capacity of only 100 messages)...keys r soft to use.i m not able to write it properly so m sorry for it.if u wanna know something den ask n will tell u.

Hey just download my Extended ROM frmo PPC6800 ROm and Run Individual Cab Files to Make RWorld and all Stuff

easy ...

Hetal 6800 is a touch screen phone will applications for it work with s720?

where should applications be installed in phone memory or microSD Card?

Edited by Saurav

Congratulations!

I have a few doubts it will be of great help if you reply for the same:

1. Is it RUIM based?

2. How is the Battery response?

3. Are you abte to surf non wap sites?

4. Which color is available?

5. How is the sound quality of music and ringtone?

6. Camera Quality

7. Is their any freezing problem, hanging problem?

8. At what price have you purchased it?

1 No its not RUIM based

2 Its good till now.I got 5 hours of talktime.in which i sent around 100 messages,15mins of calling n 2 hours of surfing.

3 Yes m able to surf all type of sites n m ery happy bout it.Got bored of using Opera Mini in my Old nokia

4 Blue only n it looks good

5 Just Great.Loud n clear

6 Ok types.Zooming is very limited

7 No not till now to me.Actually i dont take so much panga wit softwares so cant say

8 Rs18100 from Digital World,FC Road here in Pune.

Thanks for making my work easier

Pls post a few pics of phone and few taken by this phone.

What is the maximum capacity of microSD card supported?

Edited by Saurav

What is the best price for this handset?

sadik are u selling this handset?

today I have purchased S720. its a great phone good battery back up (last 7 hrs experience).

I am finding it difficult to use internet using Mobile as modem on PC. It uses network sharing. I need some techie support.

How can I move contacts from phone memory to microsd card?

Edited by Saurav

What is the best price for this handset?

sadik are u selling this handset?

It is available for Rs 18250 to 18500 in Hyderabad. I guess the price must be the same in Chandigarh too ! What price did you buy it for ?

Edited by n_iceman

I bought it for Rs 18000/-

I bought it for Rs 18000/-

I am very very much interested in this phone. but no luck. In kerala there is no dealer. So can u send me the address of the dealer. please......

u can get it from ur loacal HTC Dealer.

Pls help me to use HTC S720 as modem.

It uses Intenet sharing . I am finding it very difficult to use internet sharing. Pls help...

This handset lacks the following, it a software lack:

1. Group SMS

2. SMS Sync with PC, using SMS Cool u can send SMS but can not get sms from Mobile.

3. SMS on Reject.

4. RESET Mobile (if u reset u loose phone book)

Can anyone guide me the procedure to :

1. Store Phone Book on Memory Card.

2. Store SMS on Memory Card.

And one query

what is the maximum capacity of memory card it supports. I need this help badly. Pls help

Can anyone provide PhotoContactsPRO SP v504?

There are SKB group SMS software available.

Jeyo mobile extender can sync your SMS in outlook.

There are softs for SMS on reject, I am not aware about. I think Ashok knows it.

WM5, you should not loose phone book, you should try installing PIM back up and do regular (Scheduled backup) so that you have backup to restore. With Windows you have to learn to live with data losses.

SMS / phone book back up can be stored on card, it can not have default storage on card.

I dont know much about smart phone editions but do hard reset and do not let extended ROM installed, it will save you from many ill settings and operator specific settings.

One of major drawback in :confuse: s720 :confuse: is it lacks Heteal's, sadik, Arun & Ashok's support

Edited by Saurav

^^^^

Thats right man, you should have gone for 6800, just as I am going now ;)