Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Htc Mogul Ppc 6800 & Htc Mogul Touch Ppc 6900! Cons, Prons, Issues, Reviews, Etc.!

Now that 6800 and 6900 are in your own hands, I am opening this Topic so that actual users can share their on hand experiences with other members. How are the phones working on Reliance, What do you like most about these 2 phones and what are the problems you are facing. We would also like to discuss the remedies for those problems.

So discuss and enjoy !!!

I have heard that Alarms and Reminders do not sound on this phone, when it is on charging with the screen switched off? Is this true?

Also the speakerphone volume is very low?

Actual users please elaborate!

I am not able to connect to the internet, I am having Hetal's ROM version D and latest extd ROM.

in the connection manager, If I double click on reliance netconnect icon, it connects to internet. but when I open Internet explorer then it gives an error

"Cannot connect with current connection settings, To change your connection settings, tap settings"

Wifi is also not working :(

plz help

I am not able to connect to the internet, I am having Hetal's ROM version D and latest extd ROM.

in the connection manager, If I double click on reliance netconnect icon, it connects to internet. but when I open Internet explorer then it gives an error

"Cannot connect with current connection settings, To change your connection settings, tap settings"

Wifi is also not working :(

plz help

Did it work on the Sprint ROM? Have you changed to Simple IP instead of Mobile IP?

Thank you for starting this new thread, mate! I'm a prospective 6800 buyer and would definitely like a heads up on its pros and cons. I'll be eagerly watching for updates on this thread. Thank you once again!

On the first day I had Hetal's ROM version D and same ext ROM, After looking at your guide, I have set the parameters(incl Simple IP) which I have missed earlier. and internet worked (but wifi did not)

and afterwords I just wanted to revert back to sprints ROM and hetals Ext ROM, When I did that some parameters were changed like SPC, MCC and others. So when I fixed all those params, netconnect did not worked and in that process hetals ext ROM was not installed.

Then again I changed back to Hetals version E and then version D with latest ext ROM and then I loaded all the service params which I saved Just after changing ESN from QPST, followed the guide. Then also no succes with Netconnect and Wifi.

Edited by ss_rakesh

I have heard that Alarms and Reminders do not sound on this phone, when it is on charging with the screen switched off? Is this true?

I just tried it on the Mogul, worked fine for me. BTW, I am using Windows Mobile 6.1 No2Chem nueROM 2.0 custom ROM.

Also the speakerphone volume is very low?

It is better than the speakerphone volume of UTStarcom PPC 6700

On the first day I had Hetal's ROM version D and same ext ROM, After looking at your guide, I have set the parameters(incl Simple IP) which I have missed earlier. and internet worked (but wifi did not)

and afterwords I just wanted to revert back to sprints ROM and hetals Ext ROM, When I did that some parameters were changed like SPC, MCC and others. So when I fixed all those params, netconnect did not worked and in that process hetals ext ROM was not installed.

Then again I changed back to Hetals version E and then version D with latest ext ROM and then I loaded all the service params which I saved Just after changing ESN from QPST, followed the guide. Then also no succes with Netconnect and Wifi.

Check the IP Behaviour using QPST or Service code, it may have been reset to Mobile IP. What exactly is the error when you try to connect to NetConnect?

How are you enabling WiFi? What is the error shown?

Did I added this post in a wrong thread? looks like suddenly all posts were moved here

I have checked the IP behaviour, in QPST and as I mentioned earlier, If I tried to connect to Reliance Netconnect in in the connection manager, it shows connected.

But Internet explorer displays a message ""Cannot connect with current connection settings, To change your connection settings, tap settings", when I try to browse.

Just now I have checked comm manager, the entry Data connection is disabled (what about your mobile?)

I hv observed this with the earlier installation of ROM also(except the time when netconnect was working)

Regarding Wifi,

I am configuring it from wifi shortcut in settings.

I am using netgear router & I just changed enabled broadcast SSID and then again disabled in router settings.

now the moble shows my home network as avaialble with the signal , but when I press connect button, it says connecting but again goes back to avaialable state

Edited by ss_rakesh

@ Arun: Are all options ( Wi-fi, internet connectivity thru cable using the Mogul as modem, direct browsing from phone web browser) working fine on your phone? Is there an option to connect the phone as modem thru bluetooth as well and if so, is it working ?

Arun, I was able to make conn with Reliance netconnect and Wifi,

earlier I did not selected gpsone :cursing: on QPST thinking that it is related to GPS but when I turned it on everything seems to be working.

Wifi seems to be connected, but IE does not seems to take data from it when the phone is disabled. Is there any way to give preference of Wifi over the data connection when it is available?

Also I was not able to know when it connected to Reliance netconnect and how long it is connected.Is there any way to do this?

How to create desktop shortcuts?

I want to revert back to Sprint defaut ROM(minus sprint crap (Special_4350) and hetals ext ROM , How to do that?

Edited by ss_rakesh

IF ONE IS USING LATEST ROM (GPS ENABLE) FOR 6800 FIRST YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE HTC_CM_GUARDIAN IN WINDOW DIRECTORY WITH A DUMMY HTC_CM _GUARDIAN FILE ONLY THEN YOU CAN CONFIGURE REL MOBILEWORLS (HETAL EX ROM) AS DEFAULT .

OVER WRITING THE FILE CAN ONLY BE DONE THROUGH RESCO EXPLORER 2007.

DUMMY FILE = MAKE A BLANK FILE WITH THE SAME NAME AND EXT .

I also noticed that, When I called my mobile from landline for mobile will show incomming call only after I hear the 3rd ring from landline, anyone has noticed this

anyone able to make the GPS work like real GPS with new rom. ??

I have installed hetal's Rom Version E and Ext-Rom.

It works fine and i sync my contacts from MS-outlook.

but I am facing Problem in contacts as i scroll down after selecting Aphabet it moves one place up and hangs.Any Solution

Arun, I was able to make conn with Reliance netconnect and Wifi,

earlier I did not selected gpsone :cursing: on QPST thinking that it is related to GPS but when I turned it on everything seems to be working.

gpsOne isn't related to NetConnect or WiFi. The writing process probably did not write the other parameters correctly earlier.

Wifi seems to be connected, but IE does not seems to take data from it when the phone is disabled. Is there any way to give preference of Wifi over the data connection when it is available?

IE chooses WiFi over NetConnect by default for me.

Is it required to set Chanel settings (primary A&B and Sec A& B) in CDMA tab in QPST?

CDMA workshop for my mobile shows "Home only" for system parameter in Nam tab is it ok?

You know where to ask these questions, right?

How to create desktop shortcuts?

I use SPB Mobile Shell 2 to create shortcuts, its easy to use as well with one hand operation.

I also noticed that, When I called my mobile from landline for mobile will show incomming call only after I hear the 3rd ring from landline, anyone has noticed this

The PPC switches on in the first bell and starts showing the incoming call message by the second ring for me. The ring tone starts hearing from the third ring though.

anyone able to make the GPS work like real GPS with new rom. ??

Ashok was able to do that.

I have installed hetal's Rom Version E and Ext-Rom.

It works fine and i sync my contacts from MS-outlook.

but I am facing Problem in contacts as i scroll down after selecting Aphabet it moves one place up and hangs.Any Solution

I also noticed it, as for as I know the workaround is close the iContact app and reopen it,

use the scroll wheel again,

is anyone able to get TOUCH (6900) up and working in reliance?

Please post reviews and pros and cons.

Is there any way to increase the speaker sound? atleast for Windows Media Player.

I"M USING MOGUL FOR LAST 2 MONTHS and NOW UPDATED HETAL's NEW ROM My reviews below

1) Ringtone, Alarm and other alerts sound too low even when u keep near your ears (not joking) you wont even come to wheather you recd any msg (NOW I HAVE GOT THE SOLUTION... JUST DOWNLOAD ANY MP3 SOFTWARE AND INCREASE THE VOLUME OF MP3)

2) NEW EXTENDED ROM HANGS TOO OFTEN with NO BATERY LEVEL DISPLAY (LOW BATTERY PERFORMANCE)

3) ALL SOFTWARES TAKE TIME TO DISPLAY (VERY SLOW IN OPENING)

4) BASIC FEATURES LIKE CALLS & CONTACTS DEPENDEND ON EXTERNAL SOFTWARE

5) INTERNET CONNECTION IS A BIG PROBLEM If you use Reliance Dialer your phone comes busy (not like other GPRS phone where the net is dependent on Internet connection)

THIS PHONE HAS A GREAT POTENTIAL (ONLY THE SOFTWARE PART ****S!)

THESE ARE THE PROBLEMS FACED BY ME & MAY NOT BE THE SAME WITH ALL... HETAL BHAI CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG (OR) GIVE US SOLUTIONS IF YOU CAN!

CHEERS!!! :Sorprendido::GirandoOjos:

@manit,

I would suggest you to cook your own ROM with those softwares that you require so that there won't be much slowness.

GPS Enabled HTC Touch Working in my Hand but everybody Please wait to have more Tunned ROM for 6900 GPS Enabled

Also SuperCIDed 6900 with HardSPL release by Coke the same way 6800 have ben SuperCIDed Please Wait for Info

GPS Enabled HTC Touch Working in my Hand but everybody Please wait to have more Tunned ROM for 6900 GPS Enabled

Also SuperCIDed 6900 with HardSPL release by Coke the same way 6800 have ben SuperCIDed Please Wait for Info

i got TOuch working withe help of Sanjay...

hetal, if u can help me to surf net using internet explorer on touch. whenever i open IE it dials #777 and then gives error 67 registration failure, your uname n/or pwd may be incorrect. my uname n pawd are correct.. pls help... :help::help:

also help me to use phone as wireless modem (using bluetooth) for PC s that i can browse de net...

thanx in advance

Edited by csmart

Start > settings > Connections > Connections > Tasks > Add a new modem Connection

Screen 1

Name for the connection : Anything

Select a modem : Cellular Line

Screen 2

Number to be dialled #777

Screen 3

user name : your mobile number without zero in the begining

password : your mobile number without zero in the begining

domain : leave blank

Click finish :)

Delete other un-necessary connections

Cheers

karki

Hi, i have Sprint HTC TOUCH up on reliance.

I am not able to connect to internet on my phone. it always give username password error, even after deleteing all connections and making a new one.

Also please tell me how can i surf the net using WAP and not netconnect?

My rom version is 1.12.651.1 and My Radio version is 2.13.00

how can i update it for getting GPS?

How can i send group sms?

thanks