Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhananajay

Lg Rd 7230 A Enpnacive Mess

Well I upgraded fro my LG RD 2030 to LG RD7230 Colored camera phone.

Camera functions are good, coool

But if you are looking for a luxury phone this is not the place :lol:

For example only 3 wallpapers can be stored while User manual (and pamphlet) with the phone says 20 wallpapers?? I conformed this with LG service center they say it’s a misprint.

Shouldn’t this thing be sued in court for wrong advertisement?

User manual says every incoming call can be personalized for 3D avtar and ring tone. But ring tone can not be personalized (as conformed by the service engineer).

You can store up to 1000 picture but there is no connectivity with system (for photo transfer). So what’s the use? (some how i can download pictures from mobile to PC but not vice versa)

Address book handling is also new in this model (I had not used LG RD 7130) in comparison to other mobiles there is no list Address book button, u have to use find all??? I mean this is not a descent way of doing things

Also in “my menu” not much options are there, say if I add an item at 9th places in “my menu” then I have to press at least 4 buttons to reach there??? So what’s the use of short cut?

The mobile comes with USB cable but Rconnect Installer is not present for Linux plateform. I heard that some one has made the Rconnect software for Linux too, if you are the one, please send it to me :wacko:

Dhananjay

For example only 3 wallpapers can be stored while User manual (and pamphlet) with the phone says 20 wallpapers?? I conformed this with LG service center they say it’s a misprint.
Nope U can indeed download 20 even on 7130 (7230 is similar) so should be possible :) unlike Ur LG person said :P

But the stupid java applet :angry: at R-World seees only the initial 3. So it is a issue with R-World rather than your phone.

If U want to confirm try saving the wallpaper from a MMS (U can send a MMS to Urself and save from it :wacko: ).

User manual says every incoming call can be personalized for 3D avtar and ring tone. But ring tone can not be personalized (as conformed by the service engineer).

Indeed it is possible but there are a lot of problems...

1. U need to record a Voice/tone to set it as ringtone* (These are stored at a different place than the usual ring tones).

2. Custom ringtones U downloaded or the handset default tones can't be used.

3. The intensity of the recorded tones is too weak :( .

I haven't yet found out where the hell the phone stores these custom VoiceBells. Lets me see sometime if we can *reverse eng* that to add any rt from bitpim :)

* Procedure for setting a custom Voice Bell:

Select a phone book Entry and select "Edit"

Scrol Down the various feilds (Name, Group ...) Until U reach "Voice".

Select that Option--> Edit and U will see a screen:

Set Voice Bell
-----------------
1. Deactivate
2. Record
3. Voice Bells

----------------
Voice:  0/10
-----------------
       Sel

1.Select the Record Option.

2.Record the Voice.

3.and Set it as a voice Bell :lol:

You can store up to 1000 picture but there is no connectivity with system (for photo transfer)

I think the PC sync app allows that .. Some one was writing so on this forum :quest: (I don't have 7230 to confrim).

Address Book management is crap anyway in 7130 (and so should be 7230).

Hope this helps U some :)

Ya may be Ringtone can't be personalized.. In RD 7230 . Code what u describe is not works for RD 7230

Address book handling is also new in this model (I had not used LG RD 7130) in comparison to other mobiles there is no list Address book button, u have to use find all??? I mean this is not a descent way of doing things

Actully I like that method.

Also in “my menu” not much options are there, say if I add an item at 9th places in “my menu” then I have to press at least 4 buttons to reach there??? So what’s the use of short cut?

Now u r too much. press "my Menu" and press 9 . thats it.

The mobile comes with USB cable but Rconnect Installer is not present for Linux plateform. I heard that some one has made the Rconnect software for Linux too, if you are the one, please send it to me :help:

Actully I am using Rconnect on Suse Linux. See Chirag's post. Browse RConnect Forum on Rimweb.

You can store up to 1000 picture but there is no connectivity with system (for photo transfer). So what’s the use? (some how i can download pictures from mobile to PC but not vice versa)

No Way man..here u r perfectly wrong. I am using Pc Sync for PhoneBook , Photos , Themes , SMS (only download) , Movies , Speed Dial . And It works.

But if you are looking for a luxury phone this is not the place :(

As code says It may be RWorld Problem. And Ya look at New MMS client in R-World. It is damm good works in 7230 far better that RD 2030. I have both the phones.

Camera functions are good, coool

Yes it is..

Now u r too much. press "my Menu" and press 9 . thats it.

well normal human behaviour is to see what he is doing (pressing)

so normal user will go like this

1. my menu

2. up

3. up

4. ok

(Dhananajay @ Jul 18 2004, 10:24 AM)

No Way man..here u r perfectly wrong. I am using Pc Sync for PhoneBook , Photos , Themes , SMS (only download) , Movies , Speed Dial . And It works.

what i was saying is there is one way trasfer only not vice versa (pls read).

any way

i have Redhat 9 kernal 2.0.4* installed from standerd CD

i tryied

1. wvdial methord

2. modprobe methord

3. download from relianceinfo

nothing seem to work (i posted this problem in another topic pls check for details )

is there any other option left

i downloaded rpm for wvdial today and will be trying once i reach home

Dhananjay

Sometimes being abnormal will helpfull.. so be that.. :P

Now for your linux problem read and do following it may help. because by doing just that my R-connect works.. following is specific for LG RD7230 . my kernel ver is 2.4 check your kernel ver by "kernelversion" command. u mentioned 2.0.4 actully 2.0.4 is very OLD version it is may be 2.4 If it is 2.0 then it is not USB enabled so I can;t help u.

Step 0: Activating the R-Connect Services

On your hand set, dial

*412(i.e star-four-one-two) and wait for the success message. It may take 15 seconds to 2 minutes, according to the Reliance Website.

Step 2: Configuring the phone

Now enter following commands.

modprobe usbserial

modprobe ftdi_sio

modprobe acm

If any command returns "modprobe: Can't locate module" then u don't have required kernel modules.

Step 3: PPP Configuration

Look at /etc/ppp/options file and make sure it has following..lines.

lock

asyncmap 0

crtscts

modem

defaultroute

usepeerdns

noauth

/dev/modem 115200

Step 4: A Last Step

Now make a file called .ppprc in your home directory, containing the following line.

user <your-phone-number> password <your-phone-number>

Here, <your-phone-number> is your phone number (you guessed that? WOW!!), with the STD code, without the leading zero. For eg: if you are in Bangalore (STD code 080) and your Reliance IndiaMobile number is 12345678, use 8012345678.

Now run following two commands.

1)killall -9 pppd

2)pppd /dev/ttyACM0 115200 debug usepeerdns defaultroute connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v "" at+cta=30 OK "atdt#777" CONNECT' mtu 264

your phone will start dialing after little time. if not then Pull out Cable and reinsert then apply above two commands.

Note: dev file my LG 7230 in Suse is /dev/ttyACM0 so if /dev/ttyACM0 don't works then try /dev/ttyUSB0

And if pppd command not found then run all command as root

Hi there,

well i tryed every thing ,

but its still not working

i done

modprobe usbserial

modprobe ftdi_sio

modprobe acm

but in the file /etc/ppp/options

" /dev/modem 115200"

This line is not present :)

when i do kilall -9 pppd

no process get killed

and then ppd command dosent work , i mean shell accepts the command but dosent do any thing even after 1 Hr

i tried both ports, nothing happens

i tried AMC0-4,USB0-6 every thing

what to do now ??

Hi again

here is the log file that i had done

[dj /home/dj]$ vi log

[dj /home/dj]$ su

Password:

[root@localhost dj]# modprobe usbserial

[root@localhost dj]# modprobe ftdi_sio

[root@localhost dj]# modprobe acm

[root@localhost dj]# cat /etc/ppp/options

lock

asyncmap 0

crtscts

modem

defaultroute

usepeerdns

name soman

noauth

[root@localhost dj]# cat .ppprc

user 8031826996 password 8031826996

[root@localhost dj]# killall -9 pppd

pppd: no process killed

[root@localhost dj]# pppd /dev/ttyAMC0 115200 debug usepeerdns defaultroute connect '/usr/sbin/char -v""at+cta=30 OK "atdt#777" CONNECT' mnt 264

pppd: unrecognized option '/dev/ttyAMC0'

pppd version 2.4.1

Usage: pppd [ options ], where options are:

<device>        Communicate over the named device

<speed>      Set the baud rate to <speed>

<loc>:<rem>  Set the local and/or remote interface IP

addresses.  Either one may be omitted.

asyncmap <n>    Set the desired async map to hex <n>

auth            Require authentication from peer

connect <p>  Invoke shell command <p> to set up the serial line

crtscts      Use hardware RTS/CTS flow control

defaultroute    Add default route through interface

file <f>        Take options from file <f>

modem        Use modem control lines

mru <n>      Set MRU value to <n> for negotiation

See pppd(8) for more options.

[root@localhost dj]# pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 debug usepeerdns defaultroute connect '/usr/sbin/char -v""at+cta=30 OK "atdt#777" CONNECT' mtu 264

[root@localhost dj]#

here is intersting thing , this is portion of my sys tem log files , seem that no one is claming the device on USB port

any solution ???

Dhananjay

sorry forgot to add

here it is

Jul 24 17:37:35 localhost su(pam_unix)[2796]: session closed for user root

Jul 24 17:38:09 localhost kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:1f.2-2, assigned address 4

Jul 24 17:38:09 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x1004/0x6000) is not claimed by any active driver.

Jul 24 17:38:12 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup acm for USB product 1004/6000/0

Jul 24 17:38:13 localhost devlabel: devlabel service started/restarted

one thing again

there is no "/dev/modem 115200" line in my /etc/ppp/options file

oh man.. port name is /dev/ttyACM0

and every where u done with /dev/ttyAMC0

so pls do this

killall -9 pppd

then attach your phone to PC after just little time.

pppd /dev/ttyACM0 115200 debug usepeerdns defaultroute connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v "" at+cta=30 OK "atdt#777" CONNECT' mtu 264

this check everything properly because on comand prompt u have to type everthing right

o man its not working ..

i think problem is not in my mobile but in my linux

i reinstalled linux but still it doesnt recognize the modem on usb port

Jul 24 17:37:35 localhost su(pam_unix)[2796]: session closed for user root

Jul 24 17:38:09 localhost kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:1f.2-2, assigned address 4

Jul 24 17:38:09 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x1004/0x6000) is not claimed by any active driver.

Jul 24 17:38:12 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup acm for USB product 1004/6000/0

Jul 24 17:38:13 localhost devlabel: devlabel service started/restarted

do i need to upgrade my pppd or chat ???