Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Htc Tweaks

Can I delete all my contacts so that they are duplicated in outlook as well as my phone ?

Thanks.

PS: Congrats Hari for ur 200 posts. :)

Edited by mgdelhi

In the meantime, I have found a better solution, I guess that will help others too.

Settings -> Phone -> Services -> Plus Code Dialling -> Get Settings -> Enable and put "00" as "International dialling code". :)

Thanks Hari for your helping hand and for the great spirit you showed by giving me your phone#.

:signthankspin:

:signthankspin: thanks buddy...

dont do anything with phone.. just experiment with outlook so if something messy happens we can revert it back na..

Best procedure, whenever you are playing with you address book (eg. taking a backup of contacts in Outlook and doubt about duplicate).

Option A

1. Check the updated contact location (in phone or MS Office Outlook)

2. If phone has the updated contacts then as a safe procedure you can create / login with another user in PC and Sync the Mobile contacts with Outlook and see if all the details are coming as per your expectation.

3. After completing the point no. 2, now login with your main User id in PC and delete all the contacts in outlook and Sync it with your Mobile.

4. Now contacts will be same on both the end.

5. Now you can delete all the contacts from another user (in which you have syn the mobile contacts for backup)

Option B

1. Open Microsoft Office Outlook (where you all the contacts are stored)

2. Click on File->Import and Export->Export to a file->Microsoft Excel (after pressing next if Microsoft Office Translator is not installed then windows will ask you to install it -- Press Yes) now select the "Contact" folder when you are asked to "Select folder to Export from", Press Next and you will be asked to location of export file, specify the location and give a suitable file name (eg Mahesh Contacts 24_6_08.xls) and press Next and you will be shown a final windows of "Action to be perfomed" now press Finish button lastly and your all the contacts have been transfer to MS Excel file.

3. Now you can delete all the contacts from MS Outlook (as you have backup data in .xls format)

4. Sync you mobie with Outlook.

In case something goes bad you can do Import contacts from xls file but never select "Allow duplicates to be created" if you have same contacts in your MS Outook coz it will create the duplicates of contacts which is available at both end.

Better way is always take a backup of your contacts and send the backup file (xls) to your internet mail account so at any stage you can get it from anywhere in the world.

Hope this will help you regarding backup/restore the contacts using MS Outlook.

breg

S@N

Thanks Sanjeev for nice tutorial. :)

Most often, even I upload my contacts, my favorites (in html format, even if I can logon to Foxmarks and see) to my Gmail account so that if I am sitting on anybody else's comp, I still can access my fav webpages. Contacts backup is always useful.

I still want to know is it possible to delete all the contacts from phone with a single command?

Regards

MG.

HI MG, for which model you are asking about (deleting all the contacts in one shot)

Can you shre the purpose of deleting all the contacts from mobile.

breg

S@N

Edited by s4sanju

I am talking about HTC Touch. It is so very easy in Nokia we have been using.

The purpose is I want to put my converted contacts (+919310012345 to 09310012345 format) freshly to my phone and I want to make sure that they are not duplicated in Outlook as well as in Phone (I will have 2 contacts with same name - first +919310012345, 2nd 09310012345).

Thanks.

MG.

you are right in Nokia mobile it's very easy to do this activity.

since I might get it within one or two days so here I can only share below few optioins if it helps you (not sure)

1. To delete all contacts from your Pocket PC, go to the Contacts application. Tap the "Ctl" key, then the "A" key to select all the contacts. Now tap and hold the stylus on the screen. The menu that appears has "Delete Contact" as an option. Tap on that option, and all your contacts will be deleted.

2. Login as different user on PC, make sure all the contacts are empty in Outlook, now start your Active sync find any setting for contact sync direction (eg PC to Phone), if it is then then try to syn contact PC to Phone and check whether it update the PPC contact list with outlook.

==> Your Luck if it works <==

Trust if same PPC would have been with me, I might give you a sure shot solution.

share me the outcome

Edited by s4sanju

Do a hard reset. Easiest, simplest solution and then sync again and restore your contacts. It takes less than 5 minutes. If you want to backup your SMS/Call records also then use PIM Backup to backup.

2nd option (I know it should work but hav'nt tried it personally, so can't guarantee) - In your device in Explorer you will find a file name pim.vol. Rename it pima.vol. Reboot your phone. Your contacts will be gone and there will be a new pim.vol file. You are now free to delete pima.vol file.

Edited by dkaile

Thanks Sanjeev & Dhiraj for the suggestions. :)

@Sanjeev

I tried doing CTRL+A last night, it does not work in PPC.

Today what I did - created a new blank profile in outlook, synced with outlook, all contacts came in outlook, then I deleted all contacts in outlook and synced again and voila....all contacts from the phone also got deleted. Now, I imported the new contacts (with 09310012345 format) from excel file and things are in order now. :Sorprendido:

I wonder why anybody else did not face this issue so far... :confuse:

But with the help u guys there is solution to every problem.

Regards

MG

Thanks Sanjeev & Dhiraj for the suggestions. :)

@Sanjeev

I tried doing CTRL+A last night, it does not work in PPC.

Today what I did - created a new blank profile in outlook, synced with outlook, all contacts came in outlook, then I deleted all contacts in outlook and synced again and voila....all contacts from the phone also got deleted. Now, I imported the new contacts (with 09310012345 format) from excel file and things are in order now. :Sorprendido:

I wonder why anybody else did not face this issue so far... :confuse:

But with the help u guys there is solution to every problem.

Regards

MG

Congrates dear !!! :thumb:

Actually I had an idea in my mind that if we can sync full contacts to PPC then it should sync deleted contacts to PPC, and result is already described by you. Hard reset is another option but it will also delete all the loaded s/w's, messages and others records and PPC will goes to it's box packed position (as it was when you had switched on your PPC first time).

Your query is right, most of users are facing this issue but in India first thing users are limited to use PPC and secondly indian's are always hard worker so deleting one by one is not a big task for us :P:D:lol: but if you find the other forums out side you will find techies are suggesting them to use third party softwares to remove all the contacts in one action (eg One user was requesting them for same as he was handling approx 3000 contact.... I'm still not beleiving it)

You are always :welcome: for the same.

breg,

S@N

Edited by s4sanju

I have a problem with my HTC TOUCH. All my contacts (474 to be precise), which have been synced with outlook, are in the format +919310012345 and +911112345678

Now, if I dial it from the phonebook it does not dial.

It accepts only if the number is in 9310012345, 09310012345 or 01112345678 and dials successfully.

Now, I do not have patience to edit all those contacts. I know experts here will surely have a solution. :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

MG

Use MAgicall and it would solve your problem. You can convert + to 00.

do you have registration code of magicall? I have only trial version.

First option has already been communicated by Harish,

1. Just export your contacts from Outlook to xls format.

2. Now open the output excel file

3. Press "Ctr" and "H"

4. Type "+91" in Find What area and Type "0" in Replace with area

5. Now click on "Replace All".

6. Check the result and now Import this excel file thru Outlook (note : if you face duplicates in Outlook Contacts after Import then you can first delete all the contacts in Outlook and then Import it again.

7. Now Sync with your PPC and check the result.

8. Smile :rolleyes:

breg,

S@N

@ MG

one problem can be solved in a lot many ways ;)

Edited by harismahesh

Thanks friends for the solutions. :)

It was solved 2 days ago with some suggestions of you guys and some my own trials.

Now I have moved on and installed latest sprint official ROM "RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe" which was released yesterday only.

It has radio version 3.42.30 and ROM Version 3.03.

I have not installed any extended rom to it and it is so very fast and stable. :)

Edit: Forgot to thank Hetal, Ashok & Others who taught us enough and now we can play with the new ROMs. :)

Those relianace CABs will always be required, though I have not installed them so far.

Edited by mgdelhi

We havent learned yet completely and we still needs their guidence Mr.mgdelhi

Ya, learning process will never end.

"Live as if you have to die tomorrow, learn as if you have live forever" - Mahatma Gandhi.

:)

do you have registration code of magicall? I have only trial version.

I have Mobiion MagiCall 1.2.2.93 though I'm not using that software. If you need it let me know.

@mgdelhi: Thanks for the news on the new sprint ROM release. I've installed it too. Absolutely rocks! :)

I love the new Sprint animation when it boots too :)

Edited by Anupe

Thanks Anupe for appreciation.

At last, someone appreciated being 1st to inform others about this new, much better rom. :)

where can one download the official 3.49 rom of mogul and how does one flash it and what to be done after that?? some info please... thanks.. :)

@Greatest

Original ROM: http://rapidshare.com/files/119513719/T3.49.rar

Password: NotTilRelease

Contains: RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.49.651.0_RS_TITAN_3.39.10_S PCS_2.00_AM_PPST_Test.exe

For instruction u can refer to

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=12817

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26119

Sprint has not officially released this 3.49 rom till date. it is doing rounds in many forums since many months.

To check when sprint is launching which version for Mogul follow this link

Sprint is still promoting March 10, 2008 dated 3.35.651.2 ROM only.

@Dhiraj

Sprint launch New rom 3.56 I allready use it dated 16/06/2008

I have two issues I hope you guys can help out with.

1) Unable to receive files via bluetooth from Nokia/Sony Ericsson phones. My phone is being detected on the Symbian phones and I am also able to pair them, but when a file is sent to my phone, I do not get an alert to receive it and then a little later they get a "file transfer failed" error message on their phones as well. But the weird part is that that I am able to successfully SEND files out from my phone to other handsets. How is it possible that files can be sent but not received?? Absolutely weird...

2) You chaps using the original ROMS might have seen a Java application named " e " in your Programs list. Any instructions how this application works on the phone? Will you be able to install jad/jar files. if so, what is the installation method. I tried installing the Opera mini jar but I keep getting an error of "connection dropping" I dont know what that means. I know my connection works absolutely fine, since I can browse the net on the phone. Can anybody shed some light on this issue as well?

Thanks.