Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Htc Tweaks

I am failing to receive files using luetooth on my S720.

I installed Opera Mini jar just now (http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/htc/htc_p3450_touch) and it installed smoothly. No problems at all. :)

Tried opening some websites also and it is doing pretty well.

Regards

MG

2) You chaps using the original ROMS might have seen a Java application named " e " in your Programs list. Any instructions how this application works on the phone? Will you be able to install jad/jar files. if so, what is the installation method. I tried installing the Opera mini jar but I keep getting an error of "connection dropping" I dont know what that means. I know my connection works absolutely fine, since I can browse the net on the phone. Can anybody shed some light on this issue as well?

I have two issues I hope you guys can help out with.

1) Unable to receive files via bluetooth from Nokia/Sony Ericsson phones. My phone is being detected on the Symbian phones and I am also able to pair them, but when a file is sent to my phone, I do not get an alert to receive it and then a little later they get a "file transfer failed" error message on their phones as well. But the weird part is that that I am able to successfully SEND files out from my phone to other handsets. How is it possible that files can be sent but not received?? Absolutely weird.

Thanks.

Anupe

Use this cab file this cabfile created by Ashoksoft i dont know link but i upload here

Thanks mgdelhi. I've fixed it now. I guess I was using the wrong java midlet.

friends,

i have been trying to use online FM Radio using R World on my HTC Mogul but it does not seem to work? any suggestions how to make it work on the mobile phone?

The url if the online FM Radio is http://www.fm.onlive7.com/

Anupe

Use this cab file this cabfile created by Ashoksoft i dont know link but i upload here

Thanks for the suggestion and upload vijay, but even that doesn't work for me. Still the phone refuses to receive files sent from other bluetooth enebaled and paired handsets.

To elaborate further on the problem of not being able to receive files from other handsets via bluetooth. I have noticed one difference which may be the root of the issue.

I am using the D-Link DBT-122 Bluetooth dongle to enable bluetooth connectivity on my desktop computer. When I pair the PPC with the Bluetooth enabled computer (my desktop), in the Bluetooth Settings on the PPC, the services offered for connectivity with the desktop show a Serial Port box which needs to be ticked. Then its possible for me to send and receive files to and from the PPC to the Desktop computer.

When the same settings window on the PPC is selected for the paired bluetooth enabled other phone (Nokia/Sony Ericsson) etc, the Serial Port option is not available, only a Dialup Networking box is shown.

Could the reason be, that since a serial port setting is not available, I am not able to link the other phones to the PPC in file transfer mode and send files to the PPC?

Hope someone will be able to shed some more technical light on this issue.

friends,

i have been trying to use online FM Radio using R World on my HTC Mogul but it does not seem to work? any suggestions how to make it work on the mobile phone?

The url if the online FM Radio is http://www.fm.onlive7.com/

Usa Mundu Radio. It's very good.

I am unable to Receive files on my S720. My bT handsfree works well but whenever I send a file from 6275 or any other mobile to my S720 I get error connection failed.

I am able to send files from S720 to other handsets but unable to receive from them.

I am unable to Receive files on my S720. My bT handsfree works well but whenever I send a file from 6275 or any other mobile to my S720 I get error connection failed.

I am able to send files from S720 to other handsets but unable to receive from them.

I have resolved the same issue of not being able to receive incoming files via bluetooth from other phones, by using the following solution:

Under Settings/Connections/ Go to the Icon called "Beam" and tick the box marked as "Receive all incoming beams."

That resolved my problem.

Please try the same method and let us know if it worked for you too.

Edited by Anupe

That simple???

I have resolved the same issue of not being able to receiving incoming files via bluetooth from other phones, by using the following solution:

Under Settings/Connections/ Go to the Icon called "Beam" and tick the box marked as "Receive all incoming beams."

That resolved my problem.

Please try the same method and let us know if it worked for you too.

it might have worked for you Anupe but truly so BEAM refers to the infrared port on ur device... nothing to do with BT AFAIK

@ Dj: There's no infra on the Touch, boss. So Beam can only point to BT on it.

Ur right then...

yes this resolves my problem. Thanks

You're welcome, Sir! :)

Came across an awesome cab file that I thought I'd share with you guys.

This cab makes the numbers of the keypad for the Touch vibrate when you press each number while you're dialling, giving a nice tactile sensation. I found it helpful as it gives me a confirmation that I have actually pressed the key when I am entering the numbers on the screen dialer.

I've tested it on my Touch and it works great. In fact I think it makes the dialer a lot more faster to key in the numbers now.

Check it out if you like and post your opinions :)

PS: To remove it, just uninstall the cab file. That's all.

Vibrate.zip

I am like to unistall default game of mogul how can i do?

What is the default game on the Mogul, vijay? I'll try and find it for you.

@Anupe

Also could you find which is the best software which can announce the name of the Caller (a la Nokia) when the call comes in. I need if for my Dad's phone as he has to put his specs on and by that time the call disconnects. Found this one (attached), but its a trial.

Regards...

e_mobilevphonetune_trial_setup.zip

Edited by dkaile

@Anupe default game is solitaire and bubblebreaker i am like to uninstall this game on my mogul

@ vijay: Oh shucks!! I read that post and thought you wanted to INSTALL the games on your phone. So I found the cab files. So sorry for misunderstanding your request :(

Normally if you want to uninstall them you would have to make your own custom ROM and exclude the games when you are cooking the ROM. Give me a couple of days, I'll see if I can find an alternative method.

Since I found the cabs for the default games, I'm uploading them here in case someone wants to save them to include in future ROMS they are planning to cook :)

Standard_Games.CAB.zip

1) how does one change the default directory of camera pictures storage?? in a mogul?? im using 3.35 sprint rom and 3.35 radio :)

2) can someone suggest a good audio player for the mogul?

3) can we use vlc player in the mogul (any mobile phone version)?

Edited by Greatest

@Gretest

1) go camera setting select main memory in place of storage card

2)HTC adiomanager good for mogul

3)vlc player not know about this but core player is good for mogul

:previous: thanks a lot vijay, but i wanted the pictures to be stored in a seperate directory (like \storage card\my pictures\camera pictures\) if this is possible, do let me know.

do you have the cab files for the above 2 mentioned softwares (htc audio manager and core player)?