Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tanveer

4 Gb Micro Sd Card Not Recognized

I just bought a 4gb kingston MIcro SD card for My PC. Checked it at the shop on PPC, showed with 3.8GB or something.

Got back home and tried reading it using adaptor and card reader.

THe PC does not recognise it. It shows as a device but does not open/ format it.

PPC still does, can copy files on it as well. Used something called a flash format on PPC, but no use whatsoever.

Help would be appreciated.

I had a problem like this once, I took the card to my neighbourhood tech shop. He used some software to reflash the card and voila it started working. You can search for this kind of software on the net and try to this yourself.

4GB Card comes in SDHC Category and only SDHC Compatible Card Reader can read it !!!

90% Card in Market are not compatible with SDHC try to read using Laptops Internal Card Reader

or try Kingston MicroSD Card Read

Thanks a lot hetal.

Will try to get a compatible reader.

Ditto.

Few links for you to procure SDHC card reader -

Link

Link for Sandisk

By the way I have got the Sandisk one and it works pretty well - Go for it....

what is the price for 4 GB Card, I am getting it for Rs 750/- sandisk.

what is the price for 4 GB Card, I am getting it for Rs 750/- sandisk.

I think 750 bucks for a 4GB sandisk is a v good buy. Just go for it and enjoy. If you try very hard for a cheaper price you might only save 50 bucks or so..

yeah, Rs.750 for 4 GB is a really good price? Is it from your local shop or online?

The lowest I could find was Rs.650 for 2 GB.

its from a local shop in Ludhiana. For 2GB he is asking Rs 450/-.

This shop is actually famous for selling chinese sets so I am doubting whether cards are of sandisk or chinese. Is there any way to track?

^^^

My dear Saurav, just check it, whether it is original Sandisk or a chinese one. As now a days the market is full of Chinese Sandisk Cards.

Regards.

^^^^

Yeah these definately seem to be some chinese rip offs

BTW You can get 2 GB micro SD for just Rs.515/- incl. all taxes and delivery at eBay deal of the week . Link

& 2GB SD Card for just Rs. 479/- Link

But they are ending very soon so hurry,

I hope that helps...

This shop is actually famous for selling chinese sets so I am doubting whether cards are of sandisk or chinese. Is there any way to track?

My Dear Saurav Can U Please let Me know the proper Name And Address of the Shopkeeper in Ludhiana for whom u r talking about . Actually I m residing at Ludhiana so Thats why asking U.....? :winko:

My Dear Saurav Can U Please let Me know the proper Name And Address of the Shopkeeper in Ludhiana for whom u r talking about . Actually I m residing at Ludhiana so Thats why asking U.....? :winko:

3 rd shop Opp Ahuja Telecom, Mata Rani Chowk Nr. Clock Tower

3 rd shop Opp Ahuja Telecom, Mata Rani Chowk Nr. Clock Tower

Thanks Alot i ll visit soon and it would be good if u could provide Shop name Or Shop No.

i doubt the authenticity of the card. i m in mumbai n have shop near lamington road which hub for computers and such items. the dealer prices are as follows:

1GB - Rs.275/-

2GB - Rs.550/-

4GB - Rs.1050/-

price varies +/-25 to 50 for different make and dealer to dealer. but below this not possible. but if u get it then gr8.. i just bougt 4gb kingston for that much. transcend is 50 extra...

Edited by csmart

I bought a 4gb card for 1000. Kingston SDHC box packed, with life time warranty.

Unfortunately i do not have the SDHC card reader. Still looking for one, I did follow Hetal s link but there was no signs of buyiign onlne.

The 8gb version of SanDisk microSDHC comes bundled with a card reader,tanveer. I bought one yesterday, very quick card, I must add. Might seem a little expensive presently @ 2800 bucks, but I didn't have the patience to wait... :)

Anupe even i was giving it in 2800/-

^^^^

I think 6800 supports only upto 4Gb. It does not support 8Gb, only 6900 does. Pls Confirm...

Sorry boss, one of my friends here who runs an electronic store had specifically picked up the memory card just for me as I had been enquiring for it, that's why I did not take it from you.

Sadik Bhai I paid you Rs.2700 in the last week of July 08 for 8 Gb Sandisk micro SD card bundled with a card reader.

But till now you have not sent it to me.I am trying to call u & sms u from last 1 month daily regarding this card why are you not responding to my calls & SMS.

Pls send me the card.

Edited by prasanna.Kesti

Sadik Bhai I paid you Rs.2700 in the last week of July 08 for 8 Gb Sandisk micro SD card bundled with a card reader.

But till now you have not sent it to me.I am trying to call u & sms u from last 1 month daily regarding this card why are you not responding to my calls & SMS.

Pls send me the card.

Sadik Bhai atleast reply toh karo...

When r u sending it.

Will send it shortly. its not in stock.