Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Vodafone Slashes Std And Roaming Prices

Business Standard

New Delhi - May 06, 2008

Followed by a slash in STD and roaming prices tariffs by Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications, cellular service provider, Vodafone Essar today entered the race by reducing its STD calls to Rs 1.30 per minute to any destination within India.

Roaming rates have been reduced to Re 1 a minute for all incoming and local outgoing calls. While, STD calls on roaming will be charged Rs 1.50 per minute once the new tariff comes into operation.

Last month, Airtel had reduced its STD rates to Rs 1.50 a minute from Rs 2.65. The company also reduced its roaming tariffs under which incoming roaming calls will be charged at Re 1 a minute compared with the existing Rs 1.75. While roaming, the customer can now make an outgoing local call at Re 1 a minute and an STD call at Rs 1.50.

^^^

Wow ! Thats a great news my dear friends. Now the Vodafone subscribers can also enjoy the cheap STD and roaming rates. Its great. :cheer:

Enjoy !

Wasn't the Reliance offer for just some special card(Rs.440??) or have they reduced price for all customers?

wonder why RCom is taking so long... or is it waiting for all the other players to announce their offers and finally combat them... i hope for the latter :P

i think they are looking at market . .to make their deal the best!

Good, so operators like Vodaphone, who dont have their own NLD network are matching and even exceeding Airtel's offer! So one can hope others like Idea will also come up with similar offers... :)

It has come as a pleasant surprise for me.Now i expect airtel to match this offer from vodafone. Also idea cellular and reliance comm should wake up from their deep slumber. I wish the psu telcos like mtnl and bsnl reduce their tariff. Mtnl, as it is, offers all india std@1.75, so they should not have a problem cutting the price by 25 to 50 paise. Sadly I have no info about what bsnl offers and what it is upto.

Finally i think that this tariff war would in a couple of weeks would leave the std tariff@1.00.

I am also seeing the end of roaming incoming charges becoming a thing of the past in next 6-8 months.

I am a gand card user of idea cellular in delhi and enjoy the following benefits for a daily deduction of rupee 1.

10 AM TO 5 PM

local mobile calls@0.50

idea to idea std@1.00

other std@2.75( on recharge of 39/month it becomes@1.00)

local and std sms@0.10

5PM TO 10 PM

local mobile and landline calls@1.00

std calls@2.75( rs 39 voucher does not change the std call rates during this time band)

all sms@0.25

Everything, except the base std tariff@2.75 which does not change during the evening hours is ok.

Idea does have global calling card in denominations starting at Rs.99 with talktime of Rs. 88 and validity of 30days which provides mobile std calls@1.10 and lndlines std calls@1.20 which can be used 24hours. I use this GCC for std calls during the evening hours.

Now if idea does cut its std tariff to even 1.50, I feel this is the best plan any service provider can offer me in Delhi as a normal subscriber(not as a corporate or something).

What say guys?

Edited by sachinrocks

dear all

vodafone calling card of 149 rs you get 115 talk time and std to all phones is at rs 1.1...

this is avlbl since nov 07...

a lil bit of math ....in case of chennai wt

888 rs 6 month rechrge card will give 666 tt which can give 512 mins of std @1.3 rs

where as for the same amt by calling card the v get 5.95 caaling cards with talk time of 685(5.95x115) and you get 623 mins of std....

where as wt 1 yr validity u get 2293 mins of std @ 1.3

(out of 3350 u get 2981 rs tt & 2981/1.3=2293)

and 2350 mins of std @1.1 wt caling card ....

wt 3350 v can have 22.48 calling cards 0f 149 denomination ,which give 2585 talk time (22.48 x 115)&

2585/1.1=2350

and vodafone's calling card service is quite user friendly too..

but if u wish to further lower std charges tata callling cards are best... u shd be ready 2 key in pin/ the number always !

any errors in the maths ! pl correct if so

Edited by ravi_patent

^^^

All my dear Vodafone users.

About Reduced STD Rates

Wait !

You can't have the benefit of these reduced STD rates instantly.

To enjoy this benefit you have to send a message to Vodafone.

Type STD in capital letters and send it to 56565 toll free.

And your reduced STD call rates service will start within 72 hours after you received a confirmatory SMS from Vodafone.

Now about the reduced Roaming Rates.

Wait !

Vodafone still didn't reduced its Roaming Rates. The deadline for reduction in Roaming Rates in Vodafone is 12th May 2008.

You can check your applicable roaming rates by sending a simple message to Vodafone.

Type ROAMINDIA in capital letters and send it to 111 toll free. And you will get the roaming charges applicable to you according to your plan.

In order to get the reduced roaming rates benefits we have to wait upto 12th May, my dear friends.

Regards.

^^ Getting INVALID KEYWORD error! :(

^^^

@srk

Sorry my dear friend. I forget to state in my above post that this is for Mumbai circle. For other circles you have to confirm from the respective CC of Vodafone.

But it is confirmed that without sending this Sms, we can't enjoy lower STD rates.

When I send the message to 56565, then I got back the reply as :

Thank you for your message. STD rate of Rs. 1.30 per minute will be activated on your account within 72 hours.

Regards.

I sent that message y'day and got the same reply.

Today I got Message "Hello! STD@1.30 pack has been successfully activated on your Vodafone number."

^^^

@srk

Sorry my dear friend. I forget to state in my above post that this is for Mumbai circle. For other circles you have to confirm from the respective CC of Vodafone.

But it is confirmed that without sending this Sms, we can't enjoy lower STD rates.

When I send the message to 56565, then I got back the reply as :

Thank you for your message. STD rate of Rs. 1.30 per minute will be activated on your account within 72 hours.

Regards.