Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Rworld On Gtran

:) Today I upgraded my handset to GTRAN. Ring tones on RWORLD play well but when I try to save them it gives an error “RWORLD NOT READY”. Customer Care at WW told me it’s a temporarily problem faced today by all. Is it true? Please help.

Hey Saurav, firstly congrats on buying this rocking phone ! :)

Pal that tone downloading error is happening on all GTRANs. I tried it on mine to get the same message. Actually its a WML coding error on RWORLD and not the phone's fault. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Btw why are you trying to download tones using RWORLD. GTRAN phone boasts of ringtone customization through data cable. You can download midi songs from the internet (Web links for midi files have been posted in the GTRAN forum) and transfer them to your phone. They are full length tones of your choice and much better than those pathetic tones you get on RWORLD

So go ahead and explore you phone :grin:

hi all,

peculiar problem here. I am not able to open any mms received by me on my gTRAN. I am able to send though. Anyone facing this problm or am i the only one :)

thanks for reply.

But we all must complain regarding this to Reliance at least for getting MMS facility. :P

WHICH IS LATEST SOFTWARE VERSION FOR GTRAN?

IS ANYONE ABLE TO OPEN INBOX OF MMS?

WHICH IS LATEST SOFTWARE VERSION FOR GTRAN?

IS ANYONE ABLE TO OPEN INBOX OF MMS?

Please avoid CAPS lock key while in conversation

no information about softwre

hi all!

Just bought a GTRAN phone yesterday - upgraded from an LG moonlight. Its a brilliant phone.... great features :P

some people on the forum have complained about the MMS features of this phone - well, i have been able to use the MMS preety normally - inbox, sending, everything.

However i face a bit of a problem with all r-world apps - when i first select the app the screen shows "Please wait..." (i think the jar files get downloaded during this time) and then shows a msg "RWorld Not ready". If i select the same app again it runs the downloaded file and i can access it. its quite annoying to select each option twice. Anybody else facing this problem? :angry:

some people are able to open MMS inbox. so where is the problem in handset or in RWORLD server

Saurav its a problem with the RWORLD server.

See when RWORLD applications are programmed, they are done seperately for different handsets like LG, Samsung, GTRAN ... colour and b/w etc..

Now the prob is GTRAN is relatively new handset and some of the links in RWORLD programmed for Gtran dont work and arent verfied by the RWORLD programmers at Reliance for weeks.

When i bought this phone, i could use mms, download ringtones from rworld and all worked... but after few weeks this issue cropped up. This problem will continue till some gtran owner brings this problem to the notice of Reliance authorities (RWW guys or customer support) and they fix it.

Hi guys thanks for posting your response here.

Regarding RWORLD issue I complained to Reliance and last Sunday they intimated me that it’s the problem of interconnectivity of rworld with gtran. They r trying to find the solution. Hope they fix it soon.

I think that it will probably require a software upgrade similar to that which we had for LG 2030.

U all must also complain to them.

Secondly also complain them about the distorted appearance of sms received. Sometimes it becomes difficult to read sms.

Reliance has provided upgrade to Rworld on GTran. You can do it yourself by doing following:

1. Reset R Menu (5 times)

2. Clear Memory (5 times) (present in Rworld)

3. Reset R Menu (5 times)

4. Restart phone.

After this I am able to save ring tones. But the MMS inbox does not open.

Hope MMS will also start working soon. :clap:

Resetting R Menu is OK, but i heard that Clear Memory also deletes the phone book and everything stored on the phone? Is it true?

Clearing memory on R world does not affect your phone book. and i tried what saurav said, it works, i amd able to save tones now but still no luck with MMS

Clear memory "may" erase the Favorites items U stored in R-World. I used may coz the behavoiur is inconsistent atleast on my 7130. And just as tanveer mentioned the cleaning up is limited to the R-World cache (temp files).

Every one of us using GTran is facing the problem of distorted SMS and non availability of MMS. The error of course requires a software correction.

One thing we can do is to just wait for a software upgrade and use facilities as they have been made available to us.

Other thing is to fight for our rights. Complain about the errors and problems faced to the chairman’s office. My past experience has shown that if it’s genuine problem then this people takes action.

If you feel no action has been taken complain them again after a week giving reference of your last mail. Why to hesitate when we have paid Rs12000/-

An email doesn’t take much time and cost is also negligible. Forget *333 over there asking a solution is just a wastage of time. If all of us will complain only then we can expect an earliest solution.

So can I expect that today you will mail your complaint to Chairman Office (Use link available on Reliance Web Site)?

:unsure:

hey i put in a compliant to chairman office - put in a lot of issues - sms, icici bank application, mms, etc. Some lady called up after sometime and told that she will resolve the problem and get back to me! (btw, that was just yesterday) lets see wot happens.

is option to upgrade phone book to 93 available on GTran.

Reliance website has got following

Update Phone Book: This option helps you update all your old RIM numbers to the new 93 series. Follow the instructions, which will help you update your phone book entries.

is option to upgrade phone book to 93 available on GTran.

Reliance website has got following

Update Phone Book: This option helps you update all your old RIM numbers to the new 93 series. Follow the instructions, which will help you update your phone book entries.

You can find it in: R-World > New Arrivals > All about 93

no its not availble over there. do u hv it on yours

Its available in LG RD2030. Maybe they still haven't completed the Update Phone Book application for GTRAN. And did you reset your R-World and try ?

no it is available on my GTRAN, read it on my phone,

tanveer pls give me the location of update phone book

U have it at R-World:

R-World -> New Arrivals -> All about 93

(First confirm that they have given this option to other RIM users in Ur area).

If U still can't see it then:

Reset R-Menu 5 times.

Switch off the phone.

Remove and replace the battery.

Restart the phone.

Reset R-Menu 5 times.

Restart the phone.

Now goto R-World.

Hope it works!!!