Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Aol.in Launches Message To Mobile Facility

AOL.in Launches Message to Mobile Facility

AOL users can now send free Instant Messages and SMSes to mobile phones through their desktop AOL Mail or AOL Messenger (AIM) service. This feature also enables the recipient mobile user to respond to those messages instantly.

Users with an AOL.in email id can add a "buddy" with an India mobile number and send an SMS instantly. This service is supported on Airtel, Vodafone, Spice, Aircel and MTNL.

AOL recently announced the AOL Open Mobile Platform, which it plans to make available to developers this summer. The new open platform will help stimulate innovation by providing developers with ready access to the tools and source code they need to build and distribute applications across all major mobile device platforms and operating systems including BREW, Java, Linux, RIM, Symbian, and Windows Mobile.

Source : Tech2

I dont see Idea Cellular in that list? :(

And can you send unlimited SMSes to a number... or is there a limit or something... or does the recipent have to reply after certain number of mails... like in Yahoo?

I dont see Idea Cellular in that list? :(

And can you send unlimited SMSes to a number... or is there a limit or something... or does the recipent have to reply after certain number of mails... like in Yahoo?

yeah the recipient has to reply just like it is in yahoo

What about reliance?there is no mention of it also.

But reply after how many SMSes? For Yahoo it is 3, I believe...

and wat is the cost of replying to aol?

^^^

My dear friends, I think that premium charges will apply to reply to these messages. But I'm still not confirmed about it.

Regards.

As only Selected Operators are Supported We can not Fuly rely on even we dont remeber which number come in which Operator so that very tough to use

^^^

Yes my dear Hetal you are 100% correct that it will be very difficult for every user to remember the Operator for each number. As now a days their are multiple series of numbers issued by all operators that too make it quite difficult to know the operator name.

Regards.

Dosent the site tell you if the number is supported?? Yahoo messenger does...