Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
deren

Which China Mobile Brand?

Hi guys,

i want to buy one china mobile. Can you all (from your vast experience) tell me about some popular and reliable brands from china.

At present I have LG RD 5130 that i bought 2.5 yrs back. It doesn't have RUIM (no card) and now i want to replace it with some feature rich mobile.

My budget goes upto INR 6k.

I have seen so many china made mobile of my friends they are feature rich and cheap too..

yesterday my friend bought SIGMATEL V88 Dual SIM @ 3200 Rs only..

From reading all day long this forum, I came to know that i can request WW to replace my number on RUIM and then, i can use that RUIM with any china made mobile. I know that with china made mobile i can't send MMS and Rworld .that's OK for me as i dont use these feature at all. I like my pc and want my mobile too to use like pc. So i may be using multimedia application, internet, and documents on mobile. I need to check mails regularly on mobile.

While surfing on net, i came across "CECT P168 PDA" mobile..i liked that and want to know from all of you about similar mobile phone. I would like to have dual SIM one for CDMA and one for GSM.

Desperate of hearing from you guys.

Thanks..

Deren

I like my pc and want my mobile too to use like pc. So i may be using multimedia application, internet, and documents on mobile. I need to check mails regularly on mobile.

If u want to do what u said go for PPC / PALM (Smart phones). No chinese mobile will be able to do it. They say it PDA because they have touch screen and OS with ICONS. They do not support even java.

OK i understood..

anyway i still want to know about the popular and relaible brands of china mobile... from the RIM user's experiance...?

and thats true at present these mobiles don't have java ..and thats not a good thing...hope that in near future we may have some better phones in hand...

i would like to extend my question...

which of the reliance handsets come under PPC or PALM category....any review in other forums titles? reliance website shows fewer handsets...

thanks for reply buddy...

Edited by deren

ZTC and CECT are somewhat more heard names thats it! and reliability no one can say or promise might it work for 1 yesr or 1 month . . .no gaurantee but one thing i wanna say u if u wanna go for only china buy from hotspot they are offering 1 year warranty on china mobiles!believe it or not

recently I found on ebay.in

A918 CDMA+GSM HANDSET

anyone know who sale this handset!

Yup..only CECT is the one wich u can somewat trust..

Edited by Kunal Hemrajani

china mobiles are like other china products: no guaranty...always MAY or MAY NOT situtation...some kinda use and throw.....Now i will extend my budget and buy a branded one next month...thanks a lot to hear from all you guys,,,I will keep update from my side...

Edited by deren

CECT, Youlong, Haier are good reputed brands.

you can also try spice d88n. Its a good dual sim handset.

Spice has also imported this handset from CECT China only.

Spice has just stamped the handset with name " SPICE "

^^^

My dear friends, but Spice now is a reputed brand in India. Spice do offer warranty on its Mobile Handsets which we can't expect in Chinese mobiles purchased from Grey Market.

Regards.

Can somebody post the prices of A918, CECT, Coolpad288 ?

Is Sigmatel CDMA + GSM or GSM + GSM ?