Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
deVil81

Connect Gtran To Pc

I have exchanged my samsung sch mobile with gtran. Since then, I have been trying to connect it to PC. most of the time Synctool gets stuck at "making usb connectiin" . sometimes mobile says "connected to PC" and the Sync tool is at "trying to get the data from Mobile", and is stuck at 20%. I have tried changing USB ports uninstalling/reinstalling sync, but nothing has helped. has it happened to anyone else.?????

Same problem thinking reinstalling windows

No Rworld ringtones nothing,

I think I hv wasted 12001 :)

Beg to differ on this devil81. I have had absolutely no problem in connecting to the pc sync software. I dont think there has been a single instance where i have had to ctrl+alt+del.

Maybe its the OS you are using. Or maybe your comp config???. Try re installing the sync software.

Gtran may have flaws...but pc sync is its major plus point.... :)

May be U have already done it - if not try restarting Ur mobile and then connecting.

yeah, I guess the problem is with my system only, I tried it at my friend's place and it was working perfectly. Its time to reinstall windows, I guess.

Anyways, the mobile is soooper cooooool.

Does anyone know that there is a folder "C:\Program Files\GTRAN\GTRAN PC Sync Tool \Group Ring" (if you have installed Sync tool in the default location). It contains all the ring tones that are in the mobile and there are a lot more (check out ring_001.mid, Symphony No40.mid etc.)

yes the problem seems to be with ur system. i ahve gtran and ihave xp prof. as my os, no problems at all, seldom takes more than 3-4 secs to connect

Can anyone help me to transfer Phone book from PC to GTRAN. After 20% it hangs. But ringtones can be uploaded. :)

Try re-installing GTRAN pc sync and see if then the transfer works. If it doesnt i think ther's some issue with you OS. Coz phone book transfer works gr8 for me.

The last resort would be re-installing your OS (Do it only if ur damn despo to get the transfer done)

I am facing a similar problem! i have XP prof SP1 and when i start the PCSync, it says that PCsync has created some errors and needs to be closed! And then the software exits! With RConnect, as soon as it validates my username and passwd, my system restarts! Its working fine on my friend's system who has win 2k. Is reinstalling windows the only solution? I definitly think there is some problem with the USB drivers in my OS. Does anyone has any other solution?

As far as i can see its got one new feature - you can import/export CSV files.
What are CSV Files?

Setu_garg,

I was facing a similar poblem when i used r-connect on LG2030---- I have Windows XP professional SP1, each time i connected after about ten to 15 minutes the message appears " this system shutdown has been initiated by NT authority", and it says there is some problem with "remote procedure call service". I have so far not encountered any problem with PC sync on GTRAN and i havent yet tried out r-connect on it.

Regards

Ananth

Edited by Chirag

CSV - Comma Seperated Values. And that was a virus, the blaster worm. it had nothing to do with the driver of the handset! GM.

I got a GTRAN GCP 4020. The PCSync software displays some error when i start it and exits. Rconnect, just after authenticating, reboots my system. I reinstalled my windows! Even then the software didnt run! I further tested the software on all my friends' system. Its running fine on them. Then i tried installing on another system having the same Intel 865GBF mboard. It didnt run! I think there are some USB settings in the BIOS which should be tweaked. can anyone please suggest something?

Dear setu,

I seems to be problem with your RPC

just check this

start->setting->control panel->administrative tools->services

Right side of the window you will find the all the services

check the following services

1.Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator

2.Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

3.Remote Access Connection Manager

4.Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

If you double click each service,property window will open

Go to 'Recovery' Tab

you fill find

first failure

second failure

subsequent failure

In each column should be 'Take no action'

Probably in your computer it may be 'Reboot the system'

If you are not sure don`t do it.Get professional help.

There is no problem of gtran phone while connect to internet.

Rgds,

Sajin

Bangalore

I did as you said. In the recovery tab of my RPC service, i changed the setting from Restart the computer to Take no action. In rest of the services you mentioned, it was already preset to take no action. But still its not working. You see, when i said restart, i mean the system restarts immediately(like a bad shutdown). Just like pressing the reset button. Also, as i told, the PCSync software is not working. It gives an error as soon as it starts. After the system restart, it gives an error that the system has recovered from a serious error and it was caused by a device driver. RConnect worked perfectly with my old LG RD2030 on the same system.

I am not saying that there is some problem with the phone or the software. I think i mentioned in my previous posts that RConnect and PCSync are working fine on my friends' systems. But they are again not working on a friend of mine's syste, who also has exactly the same configuration. The Intel 865GBF motherboard with Intel P4 HT and 512 MB DDR RAM.

I thought that there is some problem with the USB configuration from the BIOS as i even reinstalled the OS and tried. Its not working. There are a few settings in the BIOS for the USB like enhanced, legacy etc. But even after trying each of them, its not working. I even flashed my BIOS to the latest one. No help :clap: (

Now any suggestions??

Pal dont play around with ur hardware ... Flashing your bios - if not done properly, you can screw up you bios chip and system wont boot up at all.

I suggest try installing a different OS , probably ME and then see if it works for u

...... I even flashed my BIOS to the latest one. No help :angry: (

Now any suggestions??

Get a new motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we can find out whether the problem is with your BIOS or something else in the software.

I have already mentioned that the softwares are running fine on other motherboards. That is why i m saying that there is no problem with the softwares. I also told that a friend of mine has same configuration as mine. The softwares are not running on his system also. That is why i m saying that there is some incompatibility problem.

Pal dont play around with ur hardware ... Flashing your bios - if not done properly, you can screw up you bios chip and system wont boot up at all.
Thanks for the advice. But i flash with tools provided by intel. I think they are reliable.
I suggest try installing a different OS , probably ME and then see if it works for u

I can't shift to any other OS. so i dont even want to try that.

Get a new motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we can find out whether the problem is with your BIOS or something else in the software

Please suggest some feasible solution.

The error is as follows :

GTPCSync.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
And the usual "Please tell Microsoft about this problem. bla bla bla..." dialogue box.

This is the path to the error file generated

C:\DOCUME~1\11156\LOCALS~1\Temp\a45b_appcompat.txt

The Error Signature is included as an image.

post-16-1093182216_thumb.jpg

only problem with XP even reliance agrees. trying to rectify.

I told you the software is working fine on other systems with Windows XP!!! Its not working on systems with Intel 865GBF mboard.