Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Updated : Are These Nokia's New Handsets ? Its Official : Nokia Launches Two New N-series Handsets : N79 & N85

IT MIGHT TAKE 4 -5 MNTHS for n97 to hit shelves ...by that time i m sure other maufacturers ( especially htc /apple) will unveil something revolutionary

In XPressmusic handsets from Nokia their one more addition Nokia 5800 also know as tube .It s the first Touch screen S60 Edition phone from Nokia.

Nokia 5800 "Tube"

The new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is especially designed for the music-lovers all over the world.One thing i know about Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is that it does not just focus on the "music" factor but it has a great internet browsing, 3.2 megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss Lens, clear phone speaker, Bluetooth .their is 8 Gb of memory, built-in surround stereo speakers and it supports up to 60 languages .Their are many more to see what it has Like its inovative media bar and contacts bar.

For full review here the link

photo2.jpg

:signthankspin: Here what at last i will get my Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic handset on Jan 6 th. It will cost me Rs.19999 .I had prebooked it on http://www.nokiaprebook.com/.

The phone is great after i have looking at it specifcation

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Screen 640 x 360 pixels, 3.2 inch 16:9 widescreen, (16 million colors)

Camera 3.2 Megapixels, Carl Zeiss AG optics with autofocus and dual LED flash

Second camera Front camera for video calls

Operating system Symbian OS 9.4 + S60 platform 5th Edition

Memory 128 MB SDRAM

Memory card max. 32 GB microSDHC, 8 GB card included

Networks GSM, EGPRS, WCDMA, HSDPA, A-GPS

Connectivity Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR/A2DP), WLAN (802.11 b/g), Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5 mm headphone and video-out jack

Battery BL-5J (3.7V 1320mAh)

Physical size 111 × 51.7 × 15.5 mm

Weight 109g

Media AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, M4A, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, Mobile XMF, SP-MIDI, MIDI Tones (poly 64), RealAudio 7,8,10, True tones, WAV

Predecessor Nokia 5320 XpressMusic

The best part with so man fetaures and comapring it with other handsets like Iphone and Xperia i found it better and Cheapest touch Screen in the market currently.

I Already got a review unit from nokia .... :GirandoOjos:

I Already got a review unit from nokia ....

^^^

Thats great !

Doc,

SO hows the phone, waiting for your detailed review..... Or will it be given to Nokia only????

Doc,

SO hows the phone, waiting for your detailed review..... Or will it be given to Nokia only????

features r good ...especially multimedia ...but built quality cud have been better...

review will b only on my blog ...

features r good ...especially multimedia ...but built quality cud have been better...

review will b only on my blog ...

Dear Mufaddal where can I see your blog?

Edited by pasumark

Nokia 5800 Yours on January 4, 2009

96947_matter.jpg

That's, if you have booked the 'Comes with Music' handset through the pre-booking channel, says a Nokia representative

There will not be any further delay the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic will be available in January 2009.

If you've booked the handset through the ( pre-booking channel , you'll receive the handset on January 4, said a Nokia representative who called us to confirm our pre-booking.

"The phone will hit retail stores on January 25," says a Nokia Priority dealer in Navi Mumbai. We're not sure if this indicates pan-India availability, since there's no official word about this from the company.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is the first Symbian S60 5th Edition based touchscreen phone from the company. It has a 3.2-inch screen and offers Nokia's 'Comes with Music' service. The music service offers unlimited access to Nokia Music Store catalogue for one year.

Nokia 5800 has been priced at Rs. 21,800. The phone is currently available at select Nokia Priority outlets to allow users a hands-on experience of the device.

Courtesy : Techtree

Hi friends,

I want to warn our friends those who are thinking to buy 5800 Music. This phone is operationally and technically very good than Iphone, but it have problems also.

Because I have purchased 5800 music phone here in Bahrain at a price of BD 135/- (Rs. 17,000/-) and it worked very good for 3 days. After 3 days some problem caused in the display, a vertical line of pixels are blinded and sometimes more vertical lines came. I haven't thrown my mobile to floor nor it fell down from my hand. Also earphone have problems. Sometimes we can hear clearly, but sometimes voice going down. I searched on Internet and found what the problem with the earphone. Its contacts are not connecting with the terminals mobile. This problems are most common with 5800 music. Now I have given my mobile to repair to Nokia store. May be I can get back my own phone repaired or a new phone.

But Please think more than 5 times before purchasing 5800 music.

Note: It is best phone than Iphone, but Nokia should want to do something for these type of problems. Also nokia want to add twin finger sensor for the touch screen.

well the first batch of nokia 5800 have earpiece problems ...the only way to get it sorted is to go to nokia care and get it fixed

apart from that nokia has rolled out update for 5800 to fix this issue..just yesterday they have released version 11.0.009 update for 5800

u can try updating to version 11.0.008 using nsu or use phoenix to flash with version 11.0.009.

also be very careful when installing themes and apps ..amke sure they have been tested for 5800 as many have ben known to brick your 5800

just upgarde your device to new version and most of your problems will get sorted

well the first batch of nokia 5800 have earpiece problems ...the only way to get it sorted is to go to nokia care and get it fixed

apart from that nokia has rolled out update for 5800 to fix this issue..just yesterday they have released version 11.0.009 update for 5800

u can try updating to version 11.0.008 using nsu or use phoenix to flash with version 11.0.009.

also be very careful when installing themes and apps ..amke sure they have been tested for 5800 as many have ben known to brick your 5800

just upgarde your device to new version and most of your problems will get sorted

Thanks for the reply. But from Intercol(Nokia Distributer for Bahrain) supervisor, he told me earpiece problem causing because of the terminal contacts springs. Just open the front cover and push the spring contact just little up, then there is no problem. My phone have already the new update when I purchased.

the earpiece problem is a hardware issue ...not a firmware one

most of people who had bought this handset had faced this issue ...one can fix it himself also but one can void warranty in the process

there are a lot of applications /themes /games for 5800 ...

also 5800 has been hacked so you can sign and install a lot of thrid party applications

well there is a major update for nokia 5800 guys to version 20 ..it fixes a lot of bugs

get it over the air by going to device manager

Edited by mufaddal_km

Firmware upgrade over the the air in india its a dream.

Firmware upgrade over the the air in india its a dream.

its a dream for fp1 devices but a reality for recent phones .

the irony is if u have a 5800 and u connect it to nokia software updater it will still show u version 11 as the lateset version ...but u can update to version 20 via FOTA ,and yes it works in india now