Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SexyGurl

Which Nokia Has Large Buttons / Text Font Size ?

I am looking to buy a new Nokia CDMA phone for my father.

He's over 75 and I would like to buy the phone with the following features:

1. Large (and widely spaced keys) so that it's easy to dial the number.

2. The screen should display text in a very large font.

3. Looking for a phone in the range of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 8000.

(Money is not a problem otherwise, but if I buy a too costly phone, my father could refuse to accept it and it'll keep lying at home).

4. Nokia is my first brand preference ... just because of the name (I would myself just care about the functionality, but others seem to think highly about that name .... and I guess, my father, would be happy if someone else praises the phone).

LG would be second brand of choice.. Classic is pretty much ruled out, for the same reason. I also have concerns about the qualily and life of Classic phones. I don't want to be changing phones for my father too soon, because it becomes difficult for him to get adjusted to the new one again and again.

5. FM Radio on the phone is also desired.

6. No harm in having a camera .. but it has no utility for my requirements. My father will not use it .. and this feature may un-necessarily jack up the costs.

7. My father currently uses the first LG black and white model which reliance launched. (The one with the protruding antenna). I don't want to buy a B&W phone now .. only a color one.

I have shortlisted Nokia 6585 from the site. It has FM, the keys look spaced apart . .though of average size as other phones.

Do think it'll be a good decision to buy Nokia 6585, given my needs ?

Second on the short list is Nokia 3125 -- I like the keys better .. the big disadvantage is no FM radio !

Could suggest another phone that would meet my requirements .. even better than the two above.

Nokia 3500 is good. Nice keys, good display, FM, MP3 and 2MP camera. Battery life is less (BL4c). Price around Rs.5500.

Welcome back to the forum, SexyGurl after a long hiatus.

Are you only looking for RCOM? Why dont you try GSM - I mean there is a much,much wider choice and in any case, by the year-end, RCOM also will come out with GSM. CDMA is dead now with no good handsets or support from the major handset makers like Nokia, SE (in any case they never ever made any CDMA, AFAIK) LG, Samsung, Motorola etc are now deserting CDMA.

I am myself planning to switch over to GSM - the handsets are far superior, classy and priced also lower, the tariffs are more or less the same as RCOM. Only thing which is holding me back currently is the fairly decent data speeds on RCOM.

Anyway the decision is yours.

If you are loooking for gsm, then i think Nokia 2860 is a good choice.. the slim one..!!

nokia-1508-entry-level-cdma-phone.jpg

Nokia introduces the 1508, a entry-level CDMA mobile phone. The phone is a basic mobile phone that comes with FM tuner and a color dislay. It has also a 2.5mm headset jack and micro USB connection.

Check and See if the above is available in India.

Courtesy: http://www.itechnews.net/2008/06/12/nokia-...vel-cdma-phone/

Edited by KumaarShah

Nokia 1325 and 6088 have Large buttons, Nokia 6088 also have large Text font size.

Sorry bro, didn't see you were keen on Reliance. @KumaarShah: 1508 is not available on reliance.

Nokia 1508 is an upcoming model in Reliance CDMA.

Hope it will come soon.

As Reliance do not have any entry level Nokia CDMA phone. We can expect this phone soon.

I was wondering what gift I should give to my father on father's day, this thread made me realise that my dad too is struggling with the same problems with his old Nokia hand set, I too require some handset with the same specifications (large buttons and large text fonts) but without FM and Camera as he will never use it, It should be a GSM handset, with user friendly interface. Thanks

^^^

For dads i suggest any Symbian S60 Handset where u can change font to ur requirement plus they get lots of third party softwares and games to kill their time or read just e-book, or record their friends calls, and what not.

But in reliance its not available. for reliance users 6255 is better choice but its lil bulky.

I wonder why there is no handset for senior citizens, seems good marketing to me though.

@ SexyGURL

Both handsets u choose is not available with reliance anymore, u gotta hunt for used one, if u ok with B/W handsets Samsung HERO is perfect choice.

Admin/Supmod please change Username of sexygurl.

Thanks, all of you for useful suggestions.

I am quite out-of-date in terms of my current knowledge about mobile phones and the mobile world !!!.

.. Just the damn hectic job that keeps me damn busy !

@ShaikhSadit .. as for name change - I won't be able to frequent here for timepass on a day to day basis ... just whenever I have an odd actual need such as this. But I don't want the name to be changed without me being told, otherwise I'll have trouble logging in later. .. What's in a name, anyway .. !

^^^

As Shakespeare once said " Whats there in the name" and he put his own name after this quote :D

For my Dad who is 73 years old I narrowed down to two choices

1. Nokia 1650, has all the requirements needed, good looks, but poor keypads and ring tone volume too low Rs. 1950/-

2. Samsung guru 100, big fonts, extremely good ring tone volume, Average looks, battery Life awesome. Rs. 1520

Going for the Samsung Guru 100, Whats your say Guys

^^^

@Umesh

My dear friend, Samsung Guru could be a better choice but the service of Samsung is no good at all but definetely better than Nokia.

Regards.

@Honest

Service for nokia CDMA phone is also not good yet

only main service center for nokia is delhi

i gave the phone to nokia for repair it come after one and half months back