Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Airtel Launches Combo Plan For Broadband Connectivity

Airtel launches combo plan for broadband connectivity

Airtel Telemedia Services, India's largest Private broadband and telephone service provider, has launched 'Combo 499 Plan" for its customers in south India.

The plan offers the best-in-class entry combination of broadband at 2 mbps speed along with free download of 1 GB and voice calls worth Rs.200 and STD at just Re. 1/- per minute, making it ideal for a moderate broadband user, a release said.

Announcing the plan, Shamik Das, CEO, South India, Airtel Telemedia Services said this initiative marks our strategic intent to simplify broadband tariffs and differentiate ourselves in a market already cluttered with multiple tariff plans.

"The Combo 499 Plan is sure to enable more people to easily avail broadband connectivity at an affordable price".

Airtel launches combo plan for broadband connectivity

Airtel Telemedia Services, India's largest Private broadband and telephone service provider, has launched 'Combo 499 Plan" for its customers in south India.

The plan offers the best-in-class entry combination of broadband at 2 mbps speed along with free download of 1 GB and voice calls worth Rs.200 and STD at just Re. 1/- per minute, making it ideal for a moderate broadband user, a release said.

Announcing the plan, Shamik Das, CEO, South India, Airtel Telemedia Services said this initiative marks our strategic intent to simplify broadband tariffs and differentiate ourselves in a market already cluttered with multiple tariff plans.

"The Combo 499 Plan is sure to enable more people to easily avail broadband connectivity at an affordable price".

Really good for moderate users. But service providers like AirTel is not present nationwide with their landline and broadband services. They are concentrating only on mobile services. Even in metros, BB and wireline services are not available. Way to go.

^^^

It is an average plan, nothing to beat BSNL's Combo C Plan which gives OI voice tariffs worth 175 free and 1.5 GB download plus night dls free plus extra MBs at Re 0.80. All this for Rs 500 totally and if you pay for 10 months in advance, you get 2 months full free.

In BB, I feel BSNL is "best hain mere liye", I mean for sab ke liye. And yes, the speed also rox surely.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

Yes BSNL is the best for all till date my dear friends. Nobody can beat BSNL's plans and offers. Speed too is good.

And Airtel has launched this Combo Plan only for South India.

Regards.

Friends, Read PC World India Survey. Airtel is no.1 (wherever available-that's a limitation) in terms of speed, connectivity, CC and downtime.

And its not just PC World, but I can vouch for it as a actual user of Airtel. I was previously on BSNL unlimited plan for several years and switched to Airtel as soon as they launched service in my area about 1 year back. And I can assure you they are indeed the best. I am on 256KBPS Unlimited plan for 900/-. Earlier my max. download speed was 30kBps corresponding to 256KBPS as offered by the other competitors also. Even on BSNL I never got a speed of more than 30kBps on unlimited plan. But since last 3 months I am noticing that I am downloading at a speed upto 55kBps. They have automatically upgraded me to 512 KBPS without any extra/additional charges to me and also without any info to me.

And believe me, its fantastic speed, that I am getting, that too in unlimited plan, upto 55kBps download. Its never been down (unlike BSNL which has frequent breakdowns), Customer Care is very responsive and problems (if any) gets sorted out in hours (not days).

Edited by dkaile

I completely agree. I am using MTNL at home 2 Airtels at my 2 office and Airtel is much much better.

BTW, I am in Rohini, Delhi.

Two of my friends, also using Airtel Broadband in Delhi without any problems.

And my dear Mukesh, your Rohini is very well developed and well maintained area. Hope you are getting the best offers their.

Regards.

I went through the Airtel website - they had something called Top Up under broad band - what is this top - since u guys use Airtel BB must b knowing it i suppose

I went through the Airtel website - they had something called Top Up under broad band - what is this top - since u guys use Airtel BB must b knowing it i suppose