Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

System Help

Guys I want help in these:

1. Is AVG antivirus best or Avast antivirus best? If any one of them then y.

2. How much will 128 sd ram cost fully new not second hand in lamington rd? Any 1 can provide shops name and contact num where original piece is available. Do you get any warranty for it?

3. How much will a PCI sound card cost? How to check if its orginal and in working condition when you buy from a shop? o you get any warranty for it?

4. How much space does a nero CD writer needs in order to get installed in a computer?

^^^

@Chandan

My dear friend, AVG and Avast both are best. But AVG does not provide protection against Malware and Spyware, where as Avast protects your system from both of them.

You will not get new 128 mb sdram anywhere. They will sell you the old ram and telling you its new.

PCI sound card will cost you around 500.

Nero needs approximately 70 MB to be fully installed in your system.

Regards.

You can also take ESET NOD32 into consideration. I'm using this now after using other antivirus programs. This has a good virus definition library and above all, it doesn't make the system slow.

Whenever I try to update the avast antivirus, I receive this error message "Not nough storage is available to process this command" click on ok or view log.

Second thing, when I click on print screen and try to paste the error message on to paint window I receive this error message "Error getting the clipboard data" "There is not enough memory or resources to complete operation. Close some programs, and then try again. Click on OK."

These are the error message one more thing I have only 128 sd mb ram on 450 mhz processor

Nero Installation will depend on the Version and install options. Nero 7 full installation takes 440 MB.

As dear Honest rightly said, you will not get 128 MB new SD Ram. However, I had purchased 128 MB sd Ram some 9-10 months back from lamington road and it works fine.

As for Anti-Virus, AVG 8 free has Anti-Spyware.

chandannasta, running such heavy AV products on 128 MB RAM will make your system VERY slow! Consider the most lightweight products - Dr. Web or F-Prot. They have an INCREDIBLY small RAM footprint. You wont even notice you have them running. But they aren't free like AVG/Avast.

Eset NOD32 is also very good... but its somewhere in the middle wrt RAM footprint... not as light as the above mentioned AVs but much lighter than most popular AV products currently in the market.

Edited by raccoon

You should Upgrade your system.

450 Mhz and 128 RAM, Its quite old man.

There is come one from forums who is selling me 256 and 128 sd ram for 1000 rs. Is it cheap or costly. Should I buy it or not and if I buy How much time it will last? How can I check that.

^^^

@Chandan

My dear friend, it seems to be very costly. It should not cost you above Rs.500/-. And their is no guarantee of old / used products also.

Regards.

change your system itself .. even after increasing your ram by 128 mb .. the performance won't boost up .. your processor is having just 450mhz clock speed ...

what i would suggest of buying a new system .. a core2duo desktop would just cost around 18k or something (with screen,keyboard, speakers..everything !! )

the dualcore/solocore/pentium4 costs from 8k to 14k ..