Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrasool

Incorrect Forum Description

There is a big anomaly that I noticed in this forum's description. On the forums' list page, the name and description for this forum is as under

" HTC / UTStarcom

Discussions regarding HTC (formerly UTStarcom) CDMA handsets "

There is the anomaly pointed out in red. HTC was not formerly UTStarcom.

HTC is a Taiwanese company and is probably the largest OEM for Windows Mobile powered cellphones worldwide. It also makes these phones for UTStarcom. This is where their association ends. On a related note, HTC bought Dopod (a cellphone brand) last year and merged it with itself.

UTStarcom is a company from USA which makes networking/broadband/IP customer and carrier equipment. It started making cellphones after the acquisition of the mobile/cellular handset business of Audiovox(another USA company) some time back.

So the two companies are entirely different and one of them was not the other one some time back. I request the moderators to correct this.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. The forum description has been corrected now.

Hmm, I also used to think about it, Why Arun have written like this, But never had courage to create a topic for this :s

^^^

@Amit

My dear friend, you are always welcome to give suggestions to make our beloved Rimweb the best forum available on the net.

Regards.

There is a big anomaly that I noticed in this forum's description. On the forums' list page, the name and description for this forum is as under

" HTC / UTStarcom

Discussions regarding HTC (formerly UTStarcom) CDMA handsets "

There is the anomaly pointed out in red. HTC was not formerly UTStarcom.

HTC is a Taiwanese company and is probably the largest OEM for Windows Mobile powered cellphones worldwide. It also makes these phones for UTStarcom. This is where their association ends. On a related note, HTC bought Dopod (a cellphone brand) last year and merged it with itself.

UTStarcom is a company from USA which makes networking/broadband/IP customer and carrier equipment. It started making cellphones after the acquisition of the mobile/cellular handset business of Audiovox(another USA company) some time back.

So the two companies are entirely different and one of them was not the other one some time back. I request the moderators to correct this.

Good to have a vigilent member with us.

Keep it up mrassol...

This will certainly help in making this forum as one of the best..a view shared by Honest and Amit amongst others..