Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mpshah68

Handset Change

Hi All!.

I am looking to change my handset (presently LG) to Motorola. Unfortunately the Motorazr V3M is currently not available at any Reliance outlets in Mumbai. I have looked over the Motorola V9M and found it to be good but the limiting factor is its price around Rs.17,500/-.

Can anyone tell me if the price of this handset is likely to come down in the near future or whether Motorola is likely to come out with a new handset soon?.

Thanks.

mpshah68

Have you tried Motorola k1m? Its good handset for 10k, if available, http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...MotokrzrK1M.jsp

If you are comfortable with little larger size and if you want to use email, browsing and unlimited storage, go for PPC / smart phones.

Even you can consider palm treo 755P (which is available on ebay for about 175 $ or sadik is said to be selling for 9999)

17,500 for V3. That is too much.

You can get it for 3-3.5K now.

Sorry for the bump

^^^

LOL its 2 year old topic ! :Contento:

Dude, this thread was started way back in 2008...

Dear mpshah68, Try Hitesh G's Motorola V3c for Rs 5000/-. Motorola V3c and V3m are almost same. V3c was sold by Tata Indicom. PROS 1) stylish clamshell design (such a style is not seen in any other brands) 2) has external display and 2.2 inch internal display 3) scratch proof metallic body, glass cover of external display is also scratch proof 4) slim 5)metallic key pad is stylish and very beautiful 6) camera lens is fixed above the external display and option to take self photograph looking in the external display 7) robust body and construction. CONS 1)battery back up is not good but battery is very light weight, will get good backup if we buy 'ERD' brand 'MOT V3' model battery for Rs 200/-, but it is about 2-3 times heavier than original motorola battery. 2) No R-UIM slot 3) No memory card slot and internal memory is 30MB 4) camera is average quality with 1.3MP, recorded video quality is very bad 5) no FM radio 6) no 'profile' settings, but we can mute, adjust ring volume and vibate with external side switches, can lock any menu functions like contacts, SMS, videos, pictures, browser etc individually with password 7) volume of loud speker is low and quality is average 8) browser is openwave6.2.3 and is bad. If you are interested in higher end phone, don't go for V9M for the price 17,500/-, if your budget supports add Rs 1500/- to this amount and buy Samsung Galaxy i899 for Rs 19000/-

Can anyone tell me if the price of this handset is likely to come down in the near future

Chances are very very low

whether Motorola is likely to come out with a new handset soon?

Not heard about Motorola's new CDMA model, rumors heard Motorola had stopped CDMA handsets in India, strengthens this news as no CDMA operator in India bring a new motorola handset since 2007, Tata indicom showed a hurry to sell out motorola handsets by reducing the handset prices about 2 years back.

mpshah68 must have changed couple of handsets till now since this post... :Contento:

^^^

LOL its 2 year old topic !

Ye kon admi gade huye murde nikal raha hai...LOL

Lolz I know that.But just posted it as now I will be owning a V3C.

Ye kon admi gade huye murde nikal raha hai...LOL

lol