Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Rcom Unveils Motorola W362

RCom Unveils Motorola W362

90692_matter.jpg

At an event in Chennai on Wednesday, Reliance Communications (RCom) unveiled Motorola's new CDMA handset, the W362. Initially, the handset will be made available in 12 southern cities, including Chennai.

The highlight of this handset is that it is claimed to be made entirely in India, at the Motorola plant in Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.

Features-wise, the W362 comes with a 4x zoom VGA camera, a 1,000-entry phone book, expandable memory, voice recorder, MP3, and FM radio with recording and integrated speakers. The phone can be connected with the PC sync via USB for Internet access. The phone is priced at Rs 4,199.

RCom has a subscriber base of nearly 4-million in Tamil Nadu and 2-million in Kerala. Tamil Nadu is a major market for the company, contributing around 9 percent of the company's overall revenues.

Courtesy : Techtree

nice handset.. could be made for <3.5K. ;) any bundled offers with this handset?

^^^

My dear friend, hope their should be some bundled offers available with this handset. But the details are awaited.

Regards.

nice handset .. .

And here are the full specifications of this handset (Motorola W362) my dear friends.

Personalisation / Fun Features :

Downloads: BREW 3.1.5 to download ringtones, images and games

FM Radio: via headset or speakerphone

MP3 Player

MP3 Ringtones

User interface: Dedicated camera key on the keypad

Call Management Features :

Voice recorder

Lifestyle Features :

Camera: VGA

Messaging Features :

Messaging: MMS, SMS

Performance Features :

Office quality speakerphone

Data Features :

Connectivity: USB 1.1 for charging and data transfer

Technical Specifications :

Weight: 75g

Bands: CDMA 800 MHz

Battery: External, Li-Ion 910mAh

Form Factor: Candybar with internal antenna

Dimensions: 110.8 x 45 x 14.6 mm

Display: 160X128, 65K TFT Display

Size: 65cc

^^^

That hardly matters my dear friend. Most of the handsets available in the market have USB 1.1 except high end mobiles.

I agree, that USB 1.1 is slow but its speed in USB 1.1 is comfortable too.

Regards.

^^^

That hardly matters my dear friend. Most of the handsets available in the market have USB 1.1 except high end mobiles.

I agree, that USB 1.1 is slow but its speed in USB 1.1 is comfortable too.

Regards.

Dear Honest,

I am interested in CDMA handset with automatic unlimited call recording.

Will this handset do my purpose?

If not so, could you suggest me one?

data transfer is equal to r-connect? any guesses

i just looked up several coverages on the introduction of the handset as well as on motorola site, but it is not configured for r-connect.

so its of no use to me...

all the same it looks like a good handset for somebody who can make do without r-connect.

Edited by copperco2

http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.j...llSpecification

motorola doesn't mention about expandable memory or mp3 player. Is it confirmed?

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/...626/984590.html

and the news capsule here-

"Reliance launches 'Motorola W362'

Chennai | Thursday, Jun 26 2008 IST

Reliance Communications, India's leading telecommunication service provider, today introduced Motorola W362, a lightweight phone, offering the most hunted features.

Brand Ambassador and Bollywood star Bipasha Basu unveiled the sleek handset, having multimedia capabilities and with features like VGA camera, FM radio, MP3 and USB connect for hi-speed internet access.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr V G Somasekhar, Hub Head, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, said the company introduced the new phone, keeping in mind the consumers' expectations that their mobile device supported features and applications that complement their interests and lifestyle.

He said the mobile could be connected with the PC sync via USB and the customers could enjoy music and their favourite numbers, everytime the phone rings with MP3. The inbuilt FM radio with recording facility and integrated speaker makes Motorola W362, a perfect jukebox.

The device, launched throughout the country, was priced at Rs 4,199, Mr Somasekhar said."

another one-

http://news.trendaz.com/index.shtml?show=n...132〈=EN

Motorola W362 – a budget CDMA phone with additional functionality

22.10.07 17:45

( Mobile ) - The FCC site has posted the info on a new mobile phone by Motorola. Its photo unveils the name of the model – the W362.

Taking into account the index, we have a budget phone, which comes with an integrated camera and storage card support.

The company hasn’t yet officially announced the W362, and the only info about it available is as follows:

Color display

SMS messaging

Support of microSD cards capacious of up to 2 GB

Integrated VGA camera

Music player

Voice recorder

FM-receiver

Built-in games

Misc: calendar, alarm clock, stopwatch

can this dexcription and the above one make us believe that it can play mp3!!

:) Seems someone needs to wake up motorola for updating details of their own phone! Thanks for the clarification copperco2.

decent phone.!!

^^^

Yes my dear friends, this phone is really going to be hit as soon as it is available throughout all the circles.

Dear Honest,

@Dr. Arun

My dear friend, this handset has a feature of voice recording, but I'm still not sure whether it is unlimited or not. If the voice recording going to be saved in expanded memory then surely it will be unlimited recording and if the recorded conversation has the option to be saved int he phone memory then it could not be unlimited.

But still I think that it supports unlimited voice recording.

Lets see who will be the first user of this handset on the forum. So that we can get some more clear picture.

Regards.

^^^

Yes my dear friends, this phone is really going to be hit as soon as it is available throughout all the circles.

Dear Honest,

@Dr. Arun

My dear friend, this handset has a feature of voice recording, but I'm still not sure whether it is unlimited or not. If the voice recording going to be saved in expanded memory then surely it will be unlimited recording and if the recorded conversation has the option to be saved int he phone memory then it could not be unlimited.

But still I think that it supports unlimited voice recording.

Lets see who will be the first user of this handset on the forum. So that we can get some more clear picture.

Regards.

Dear Honest,

Arun is asking for call recording and not voice recording.

Both are different features.

1) Voice recording is recording of the sound available external to the handset.

2) Call recording is recording of the converstation(voice of self,caller/called ones) which you make with other party/parties(in case of 3-way conversation) with the same handset.

voice recording is widely seen even in b/w handsets and the restriction time is only the available memory and battery life.

call recording is very rarely seen even in some high end handsets but I really don't know why?

@Kesav

My dear friend, you may be right at that point that Call Recording and Voice Recording are two different features.

Now only the users of this handset can clear the picture.

Regards.

Hope Now doubts can be cleared off.

Attaching the Product Note of this Handset.

This handset has been launched in Selected Cities like Mumbai. Maharashtra, MP, Chhattisgarh, Karnatka, Chennai, Tamil Naidu, UP, Rajasthan and AP only.

Edited by @mitJ@in

^^^

@Amit

Thanks for the product note my dear friend.

Regards.

It is not available at Cunnigham Road WebWorld in Bangalore. is it available anywhere in Bangalore?

Kuldeep

Thanks for the product note Amit. What's Silent scratch pad mentioned in 'other features'? And for comparison, what's the price of L7c (or is that L6c)?

Edited by ani_meher

Well for exact pricings, Call *333, they will give you right prices.

what does it mean by being data capable?

if we can have r connect then why cant the brochure say it directly.. is it trying to be shy?