Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Rcom Unveils Motorola W362

I feel it is not worth 4199 Rs. In 4199 you can get much better handset. But the real problem for CDMA users is there are not many choices available from Nokia, Samsung and other top OEMs.

Hi,

I recently went to a Reliance Web World (in Pune) 'cuz I wanted to change my phone. I was looking to buy the Motorola KRZR. But the sales person there said that not only do they NOT have the phone, but also that Reliance does not have a tie-up with Motorola anymore and so won't be selling any more phones.

Can anybody confirm if this is true or is the guy just trying to fool me in to buying something else?

Manu.

^^^

You guessed it correct my dear friend. That guy seems to just miguiding you.

Regards.

may be that guy wanted to pass on an model that was available with him.

Guys, as none are commiting to this handset, here is a bit info on it. I am impressed by the features, but not the looks, so tried searching the net for any further info. This chinese page has great info on this handset. Seems like a nice handset, with 3.5mm headset jack!

http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/news/?news_id=6915

If you are like me who doesn't understand chinese, here's a google translated page:

EDIT: Sorry guys, the direct link is not working. Copy paste the above link in google, and you'll get the option to translate it in the search results.

Edited by ani_meher

W 362 software needed for Internet browsing via PC, its is not available on website, if anybody has got it , pls mail me on vaidya_tushar@rediffmail.com

^^^

@Tushar

My dear friend, the sofware for PC connectivity is available at Motorola's website.

You have to click at Owners Support Link on the webpage of W362 handset. Their you will get all the necessary softwares for this phone.

Regards.

Can u tell me exact settings and configuration details bcoz I have tried these but its is not detecting, I was told it requires software from reliance for browsing.

Any body got success pls tell me

^^^

@Tushar

My dear friend, the sofware for PC connectivity is available at Motorola's website.

You have to click at Owners Support Link on the webpage of W362 handset. Their you will get all the necessary softwares for this phone.

Regards.

^^^

@Tushar

My dear friend, actually it seems that you need Reliance Netconnect software (Reliance Dialer). But the same is not still available at Reliance's website for this Motorola Model. Now you have to manually create a modem on your PC and use the same.

For the procedure, just search the forum and you will get all the details.

Regards.

Thanks my friend

^^^

@Tushar

My dear friend, actually it seems that you need Reliance Netconnect software (Reliance Dialer). But the same is not still available at Reliance's website for this Motorola Model. Now you have to manually create a modem on your PC and use the same.

For the procedure, just search the forum and you will get all the details.

Regards.

Can u tell me exact settings and configuration details bcoz I have tried these but its is not detecting, I was told it requires software from reliance for browsing.

Any body got success pls tell me

^^^

@Tushar

Regards.

do post your free and frank opinion about the handset. positive review may result in one more handset getting off off the shelf.

:GirandoOjos:

Hope Now doubts can be cleared off.

Attaching the Product Note of this Handset.

This handset has been launched in Selected Cities like Mumbai. Maharashtra, MP, Chhattisgarh, Karnatka, Chennai, Tamil Naidu, UP, Rajasthan and AP only.

What about Delhi...??? Anybody know when it is going to launch in Delhi..?

Helpppp am confused.

Planning to buy a new handset for myself. So now i need to know which is better / Motorola W362 or Spice C 810. Help me decide guys

Helpppp am confused.

Planning to buy a new handset for myself. So now i need to know which is better / Motorola W362 or Spice C 810. Help me decide guys

I recommend you spice c810 which supports most of the requirements.

1) Bluetooth (Yes)

2) live voice call recording (Yes)

3) MP3 player (Yes)

4) Web browser (not sure)

5) MMS (NO)

6) Expandable micro SD card slot (Yes)

7) E-mail (Yes)

8) Camera (Yes)

9) Atleat 3 hr. talktime (Yes)

Enjoy...!!!

Helpppp am confused.

@Chetan

My dear friend, as Manpreet also told above, you can bet on Spice C810 anytime. It could be the best option for you.

Regards.

Hello Guys web browser is there in this handset?

actually am also planning to purchase new handset for long time,should i opt for lg6600 or this motorola?

I think motorola will be better than LG6600. If you see LG6600 and it's GSM counterpart, the difference is clearly visible. LG6600 has very less quality (material wise).

Can you pls provide link thru which i can download pc sync for this handset?

^^^

My dear Bhumika, below is the link for different softwares supported with this handset including PC Sync.

Link

Regards.

Hi,

I recently went to a Reliance Web World (in Pune) 'cuz I wanted to change my phone. I was looking to buy the Motorola KRZR. But the sales person there said that not only do they NOT have the phone, but also that Reliance does not have a tie-up with Motorola anymore and so won't be selling any more phones.

Can anybody confirm if this is true or is the guy just trying to fool me in to buying something else?

Manu.

Yes, this is a fact - none of the Pune webworld's have this handset in stock, and all they have is crappy LG and Samsungs. I think these korean chaps give bigger commission cuts than Motorola, which is why no one stocks them. If you are in Pune and wish to purchase that, go to the MotoShop near Parihar Chowk and Aundh. They have it for Rs. 4000 for Reliance.

-Amarendra

Motorola W362 was having some problem with every UIM card.... I searched about 5 handsets in lucknow... every handset was showing the same problem.... but the same UIM was supported in LG 6600.... so i had no option but to buy LG 6600

Initial impressions of Motorola W362 (keeping the technical angle aside for now):

* excellent ergonomics, with stunning looks. The orange line running across the phone is really good. The phone feels very sleek in the hand.

* the ladder-shaped buttons are soft and very tactile

* the base is non-slip, and the speaker quality is good.

* the USB slot is standard, and it is easy to charge phone over this

* the headphone jack is standard too, which means I can use my favorite Koss Porta-Pro headset to listen to songs!

* display is slightly on the coarser side, but does not bother me much

* battery life is not very great lasting for about 2 to 3 days max (with normal calls). This could be improved.

No chance to try the FM radio, musicplayer in depth, but overall I liked the look and feel very much. The most interesting things that I liked are the standard USB charge port, and standard headphone jack. Worth the money for Rs. 3600 (the price I got at a local Pune based reliance phone dealer).

-choombak

Phone is nice, even the sound is very good.

It has a big drawback over its features. The music player can not go to background. If you want to do anything [make a call or send sms], you have to exit the music player.

Is every one agreed on this, or I don't know the way how to send it to background while music playing

thaks