Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
babi

Ringtones For Samsung SCH N191

Can anyone please tell me that how can i create mmf(Samsung Ringtones)

with some instrument and voice too. I use PSM to convert midi to mmf. Can i add voice to that ringtone, if yes than how.

Thanks in advance.

The ringtone format that samsung phones play are .mmf files.

I will tell you how to make your own voice ringtones however before you begin you should know that your phone will not take anything larger than 50 Kb.

The programs that I use:

1. Audacity (Just type Audacity in Google, then software get display)

2. Cool Edit Pro (Same way like audacity)

3. Windows Sound Recorder

4. .Wav to SMAF converter (can be found by searching on google for "SMAF Yamaha" and it should be in the tools section of the site)

Now lets begin:

1. Just take any mp3 file that you want and open it up in Audacity and magnify the part that you want and select it. The selected part should be no longer than 10 seconds or else it will go over the maximum 40kbs. After selecting it go to file and choose save selection as .wav.

2. Open up Windows Sound Recorder and open the file then increase the volume by 50%-75% and save it.

3. Open up cool edit pro and open the file now go to edit and convert sample rate, you have to set it to 8 khz, 16 bit mono, or else the SMAF converter won't convert the file. After you're done converting go to the Noise Reduction Option and press the get profile selection button and set the Noise Reduction level to 6 and save.

4. Final step, open the SMAF converter and drag and drop the .wav file into the converter and your .mmf ringtone should appear.

I hope this helps you and I will post some of the ringtones that I made myself here.

So start R&D and let me know the result.

I will tell you how to make your own voice ringtones however before you begin you should know that your phone will not take anything larger than 50 Kb.

hey r u sure that files till 50 kb are accepted by n191. when i sent i could not save it beyond 4 kb.

what will be exact format.

plz confirm.

thanx

jigar

Has anyone tried to send  RT to SCH-N191 through MMS with CODE's RIM Web SMS_MMS Tool? Anyone succeded?

30898[/snapback]

Ya, working fine

Thanks k_lilawala but actully i want to know how can you mix the instrument plus voice in one ringtone.

Dear Ashish

If you want ot add voice in to the instrument , you need Karaoke Track. U have play the Karaoke track then record your voice along with the track with the Mic. You can get many software for making Karaoke from MP3 songs , which remove the Vocal from the Songs. You have sing wher the Vocal removed and you can made your self Indian Idol.

Hop you understand .

GPRS Samsung Phones use EasyGPRS and EASYstudio to upload ringtones/wallpapers into phones. This software is available for free downloads on www.samsung.com

Has anybody tried those to upload ringtones?

Again Thanks for your suggestion k_lilawala.

As your saying I recorded my Karaoke song using MIDIMaster Karaoke now tell me how can i convert it in ringtone.

hi ashish,

can u pl help me how to convert to mmf , as i am havinf samsung , but unable to find any software.

What is PSM , and from whhere can i get it.

pl

You can download PSM Player from the internet... just search for it....

Using it you can convert between midi, mmf etc formats.

how to upload ringtones in N191?

What is PSM , and from whhere can i get it.

U can use PSM Player to convert MIDI files into DAT and other formats.

U can also cut any part of a MIDI file using it.

Its a good s/w & u can d/l it form here:

D/l PSM Player

how to upload ringtones in N191?

31894[/snapback]

Use the same MMS method

Hey everybody.

I have created some voice ringtone for Samsung A-563 so please visit

http://www.ashiring.cjb.net.

Then goto VOICE RINGTONE section and then click on SAMSUNG.

Some of them may also work in Samsung SGH n191. If you like them please tell me.

You can also request for any voice ringtone if it is possible for me then i create for you.

Hi, I've got tons of ready(converted, cut to correct size etc) to use polytones for N191. Give me ur email id if u want them

28363[/snapback]

Hey can u plz tell me how to upload the ringtones and also mail me the tones.......

also can any help me regarding the pc linkj software for N 191....I downloaded a sw from the samsung website now when i connect it with the help of the USB Cable it says "This Model is not supported.."

could any one also tell where to get the PC Sync software from...

Thanx...

sHel

@vishal - all

doyou know the soft for automatic normalize diferent volumes on midi's or mmf ? like a mp3gain for mp3...not like one by one methode on psm player..

thx

U can use PC Suite's Nokia Sound Converter.

It can automatically normalize the MIDI file as well as U can manually increase / decrease the notes.

U can d/l PC Suite from Nokia site.

I've sent a ringtone to my SCH N-191 through MMS method and after downloading and saving the same, it seems to be corrupt... it is silent and it forbids any ringtone to be downloaded, Otherwise the phone is alright but I'm unable to dload any ringtone...

Any solution?

Are you sure the ringtone was in the right format ?

mms is charged.... so i do not think anyone is gonna oblige immediately

cheers

Ashok

Ashoksoft is receiving MMS also chargeable since ringtones are sent from computer to Mobile

Receiving I do not think is charged.... coz I can always claim, that I did not want to receive that message (or that it was some ad). But sending is charged

Cheers

Ashok

As it seems Ashok, you need to access R-World>Messaging>MMS to read MMS. This access may be chargeable.