Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
harismahesh

Help Needed To Choose A Bike...

Hi guys..

Help me too choose one bike out of these...

1. Apache 160RTR

2. CBZ Extreme

3. Hero Honda Hunk.

If u have other bikes u can also tell.. i look for relaibility, smoothness and style and performance...

::::: Bajaj iam not interested since my friend who had is facing issues like Clutch issue gearbox complaint and all..

Please help me guys..

Hi guys..

Help me too choose one bike out of these...

1. Apache 160RTR

2. CBZ Extreme

3. Hero Honda Hunk.

If u have other bikes u can also tell.. i look for relaibility, smoothness and style and performance...

::::: Bajaj iam not interested since my friend who had is facing issues like Clutch issue gearbox complaint and all..

Please help me guys..

Well, for reliability u could o\count on HH Hunk, considering the factors u had mentioned I would suggest Apache....

y the way issues of clutch and gearbox is common in platina... not in pulsar. Ur friend case can be taken as exception, reliability also depends upon the maintenance, driving style and handling...

Cheers.

Coming to bikes ... ahh .. here we're talking ...

Choosing a bike is greatly self taste and riding style, it also depends a lot on the budget you aim to spend. Anyway getting down to the choices you've narrowed down to ...

1. Apache 160 RTR - a ready to race stallion from the TVS stallion with an excellent pick up, easy access to spares and repair centers in south and east india. The bike is stable on the roads, with an excellent styling and value for money. The cons would include - a little too rough tapering and issues with the stand. Some complaints about headlamps have been noted. But end of the day .. its a real nice bike.

Adding a monoshock would have been better though.

2. CBZ Extreme : If you've ridden the trusty old CBZ, well thats about it with a new and better looking design. Gear to power ratio is almost the same as in the original CBZ. But yes the new styling seems to have helped the bike in fast handling, and the lower front fork spread offers a much smaller turn radius.

3. Hulk : Good at looks, but somehow it did not meet my expectations of handling at speeds above 80 :)

cheers

karki

PS : Bajaj Stable has quite a number of workhorses ... pulsar and avengers are very stable and reliable as well :)

One word - UNICORN ROX!!

Stay tough with u.

I love mine.

trust me if u bought anything else u will miss a gr8 biking.

Go for test rides. and dont forget to lil tilt and swing ur Unicorn. I am sure u will buy unicorn. :D

I have Karizma (4 yrs old done 2400km :P ) but I would suggest you go for the newly launched (today only) Yamaha R15 150cc. It will give you the looks and feel of the world famous Yamaha R1 as Sub 1 lac cost (98000/- to be exact)

I go with karki...

I was the first owner of a Pulsar way back in 2005 when it was launched in chennai. (I was living in chennai tht time :) )

I still recollect the Delivery Book which was signed by my name, in the first serial number of the fresh book kept by the dealer, who by far was the most trusted one of Bajaj in chennai, and so he got the first lot of pulsars...

I love pulsar even today (though i dont own one now)... i also have a personal liking for the avenger...

But as karki says, Biking is personal pleasure... its best known who likes what, only after falling in love with a bike...!! Right karki??

yamaha-yzf-r15-photo.JPG

bikes4sale.in_yzfr15-2.jpg

r1512uo1.jpg

One more bike launched by YAMAHA.

bikes4sale.in_fz150-7.jpg

Yamaha new bike as told by Dkaile. will be available in aug-sep.

Now i am sure hari opened the perfect thread for himself, and others.

Yamaha YZF R15 Specifications

Main Features

1. A newly developed 150cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder fuel-injected engine

2. An all-aluminum "DiASil Cylinder" produced by an exclusive Yamaha casting technology

3. Eco-friendly performance that clears the next-phase Bharat 4 emissions standard

4. The "Deltabox frame" known for excellent rigidity balance

5. Impressive "2-eye" multi-reflector headlight design in the YZF-R series

Confirmed Specifications

- Fully Faired

- Rear Disc Brake

- 150cc

- Liquid Cooling

- Delta Box Frame

- Forged aluminum pistons

- 6 Hole type Fuel Injector

- High capacity air cleaner/filter

- Yamaha accessories including riding gear

- 6 speed transmission

- R1 Style Instrument Console

- 10,500 RPM Red line

Specs as shown in Yamaha Site

* Tyre Front: 80/90 - 17 inch tubeless

* Tyre Rear: 100/80 - 17 inch tubeless

* Brakes: Front- Disc, Rear- Disc

* Fuel Tank: 12 Litres

* Wheelbase: 1290 mm

* Min Ground Clearance: 160 mm

Hai naa badiya bike, sadik bhai

Delhi me to kal launch ho gayi!!! Stores me aur 10-15 days mein.

I agree with sadik bhai.....i own a Unicorn and i never got a comfort as that of Unicorn with any other bikes...

BUt its for my brother and we thought to search other bike than unicorn since we possess one....

And the Price of YAMAHA R15 in KERALA is Rs.107000/- only... :Equivocado:

what are main advantages and disadvantages of these 4 :

hunk

pulsor dtsi or dtsfi

apache

cbz extreme

Would recommend the CBZ or Hunk... esp. since you are looking for eliablity and smoothness. Your wont find that kind of smoothness and refinement in Pulsar or Apache.

While the bike is good, be very wary of the service centre/mechanics. It is they who do the max damage to your bike. If you really want to know of my experiences with my new CBZ, you can read it in the Overdrive forums. Will help you to prevent your brand new bike from getting raped by #$!#$% so called mechanics. Just google for "raccoon overdrive cbz". Somehow either the overdrive site isnt workign right now, or they have deleted the post. You can still read it in Google's cache though.

I am also planning to buy a bike in same segment. But I am not in hurry, so am waiting for

1. Yamaha FZ150 (shown above)-launch in late Dec

2. Pulsar 150/180 - New version with 4 valves - I think after upgrading XCD to 4 valves XCD sprint, and also upping Discover to 150cc, bajaj has to have good upgrades to pulsar series to compete against R15/FZ. This is only a gut feeling, no evidence.

3. Apache 160FI - It's highly overdue, and many are betting it'll be out very soon. But, be advised ppl are waiting for it since past 1 year!

Among your choices, I didn't ride CBZ-x, but Hunk is good. Looks very good on road. Unicorn was bit too relaxed for my taste. BTW honda launched a new bike 2 days ago, stunner 125, around 51600 Ex-showroom. That's one hell of a good looking bike, but bit low powered. YOu might want to consider that as well.

My office colleague's pic just came in that some magazine called motoracer or motocar for his bike rajdoot350 in the latest edition.

Any model of Hero Honda is worth your time and money. Of this I have no doubt. Take the new X-treme would be my advice.

However I would also like to draw your attention to the recently launched (23rd Oct) Suzuki GS150R. It has some lovely styling touches which are reminder of their 1000cc bike GSX. In addition, their smoothness is legendary and my personal experience with the Zeus tells me that it will be much more fuel efficient than the competion. Do have a look at it. Good luck with your purchase.

Ormaz

bikes4sale.in_fz150-7.jpg

well i have seenthe above on raod a week ago . . . its amazing the styling . .the small tail lamp . . . after seeing the two yamahas, r15, and fz150, i am in lv with the yamaha hunks styling.

If your brother is a speed driver never thought about Bajaj and TVS. I strongly recommend "Unicorn". I know he is not handsome as others. As you said you are owing unicorn you must know its reliability. Hero Honda uses the same engine on both bikes as re-tuned.

The unmatched driving thrill of Pulsar should be mentioned as a tale. Really I love to ride Pulsar. We have Honda, Hero Honda and Bajaj Bikes. I am using Unicorn which giving me 52-54 Kmpl and great stability while braking cornering.

(Pulsar = Tiger, Unicorn = Kitten)

Spare Parts of Bajaj are very costly.

I have Pulsar 150 DTSI and I have to give Rs.1500-2000 every 2 months in servicing.

What on earth do they replace every 2 months that cost Rs. 2,000??? I dont think any bike would need spare parts at that rate... if it does, its either faulty or not maintained...