Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nawalsingal

Poor Quality Of Htc S720

I just bought s720 today. It turned out to be a defective pc. Simply could not make outgoing call, calls got connected & then the phone simply hung. Had to remove the battery to restart. Even incoming had echo effect, quite disturbing. Contacts simply failed to synchronize. Simply a worthless phone. waste of Rs. 18500/-. No service backup to boot. My nokia 2112 worked fine since last 2 years. This one was simply absymal.

Don't buy HTC. Pathetic handsets, severely overpriced.

^^^^

Nawal, my dear friend it seems you are a victim of a defective handset, because 100's of our forum members are using HTC phones with brilliant connectivity and voice quality.

As you must have purchased the same on bill you should escalate your complaint with HTC regional offices in India and they will surely change your handset.

I on my part am using 2 HTC 6800 Moguls imported from USA and they work brilliantly and almost flawlessly. If you will read my posts in S720 topic, you would realise that you should have gone for 6800 from our in house importer Sadik at a much lower cost than what you have invested and would have got double the features of S720.

Do not despair and get your handset replaced.

No dkaile, No need to escalate case to HTC Regional Offices and all.

There is a rule for DOA i.e. Debts on Arrival.

If any of handset have problem within 7 days of purchase, Customer can give back the handset to the Dealer/WW/WWE from where it was purchased and can get a Sealed Pack new box of same handset, And If they deny/refuse to change it, Then Escalate the Case to Reliance instead of HTC, becuase Reliance will say HTC himself to swap the handset.

HTC is being imported in India by Jaina Marketing Co., If Reliance people will say him to change, then he will change it without any argument, As he has to sell his CDMA handsets in India.

I just bought s720 today. It turned out to be a defective pc. Simply could not make outgoing call, calls got connected & then the phone simply hung. Had to remove the battery to restart. Even incoming had echo effect, quite disturbing. Contacts simply failed to synchronize. Simply a worthless phone. waste of Rs. 18500/-. No service backup to boot. My nokia 2112 worked fine since last 2 years. This one was simply absymal.

Don't buy HTC. Pathetic handsets, severely overpriced.

Got the handsey changed by the dealer himself. Same problem. wat say? Any way, who is going to bear handset change card cost. I have spent 120 bucks on HCC alone.

Edited by nawalsingal

^^^^

Nawal, my dear friend it seems you are a victim of a defective handset, because 100's of our forum members are using HTC phones with brilliant connectivity and voice quality.

As you must have purchased the same on bill you should escalate your complaint with HTC regional offices in India and they will surely change your handset.

I on my part am using 2 HTC 6800 Moguls imported from USA and they work brilliantly and almost flawlessly. If you will read my posts in S720 topic, you would realise that you should have gone for 6800 from our in house importer Sadik at a much lower cost than what you have invested and would have got double the features of S720.

Do not despair and get your handset replaced.

I have got the handset replaced by the dealer but with same problems. No luck second time as well. Any way, does 6800 works with reliance cdma?

Handset Change Card for Rs. 120?

What are you saying friend?

Handset Change Card costs Only Rs. 25/-

You may buy Handset Change Card from any Reliance Mobile Store or Reliance World Store at Rs. 25 Only.

MRP mentioned behind the card is Rs. 25/-

And second thing, There is no any issue in HTC S 720.

Its working fine, I have already sold 7-8 Pieces of HTC S 720, And Customer are happy,

None came with any issue.

May be the lot which your dealer have might have some problem.

Otherwise there is no such issue, Infact USP of Handset is Very Good Battery Backup.

:Contento:

Handset Change Card for Rs. 120?

What are you saying friend?

Handset Change Card costs Only Rs. 25/-

You may buy Handset Change Card from any Reliance Mobile Store or Reliance World Store at Rs. 25 Only.

MRP mentioned behind the card is Rs. 25/-

I have changed my number 4 times. first to new handset, back to old, again to new replaced handset then back again to old one. Here in pune, they charge 30 against MRP of 25/- That's how i spent 120/-. That apart, fact remains that handset has some inherent defect as two handsets are having identical defects: Hanging on outgoing calls & sync failure. wat say now :confuse:

My dear friend, try syncing on a different computer, there might be a problem with your pc.

My dear friend, try syncing on a different computer, there might be a problem with your pc.

Tried on 3 different PC's. One is my pc running on XP & two dell laptops(inspiron, Vista home premium-OEM pack, bought recently-a week back) same result. any comments now?

Edited by nawalsingal

But I didnt find any problem in Syncronising it via Active Sync.

Very Strange.

Its get detected to my PC in fist attempt and I am able to use it.

Same here. Maybe he is one of those CG's

Feel guys out here are on payroll of rcom/HTC out there to demean any body who posts his grievances. Literally these people try to find faults with sufferer. Any way, can any body tell why the company HTC refunded my money if there was no fault in the handset. Every body who is telling me that i don't know about mobiles/ sync-ing/ how to operate mobile or a PC, be very clear that I am not a layman. I am a qualified engineer. so stop making all these nonsense comments. I can provide contact details of n number of people out there aggrieved with these handsets. Also a big retailer has returned the entire lot of these sets due to same reason. Please be careful in posting your replies further :Equivocado:

Same here. Maybe he is one of those CG's

Please admit that the handsets are faulty. Even my handset got detected but failed to sync. If the handset was not defective, the company would not have refunded the money. Money was refunded only after the replaced handset had the identical defect.

That is what we were saying that The lot which your dealer have received may have defects. Otherwise, Many people are using it.

In this Forums, Sourav is also using this phone, and he didnt report/post about the error/defect which you are facing.

I had also used this handset for 5-6 days it worked well.

And one more thing, We are not payroll of Rcom/HTC Here.

This is an unofficial Discussion forum of Reliance Communications, In no any means, RCOM and Rimweb.in are associated with each other.

I had the same problem with my HTC Touch in my desktop and my laptop. Then I found out that it works if I DISABLE advance network functionality in my HTC Touch by "Setting -> Connections -> USB to PC -> Enable advanced network functionality".

Regards

MG

Tried on 3 different PC's. One is my pc running on XP & two dell laptops(inspiron, Vista home premium-OEM pack, bought recently-a week back) same result. any comments now?

@nawal

No hard feelings nawal, but when someone criticizes a brand which we all love so much it does get on our nerves sometimes. Yours may be a one off case, and your sync problem may have been solved by the suggestion that Mukesh has given above. But I do empathise with you because anybody who has invested so much money does expect some sort of service from the phone. But we have to keep our expectations realistic. And you should realise that a Pocket PC is quite different and a 100 times more capable than an ordinary normal phone. But it requires a little time getting used to.

But I do agree that the S720 is heavily overpriced from Reliance and not worth a buck more than 10K. That is why we have gone for a much better and cost effective option of the Mogul which is much more capable and solid device in comparison.

Hi

do you have any idea wether they are taking phones back for all HTC s720's? i have a phone which i bought in apr 2008, among the first lots. i have changed the battery once and i still cant use the phone for more than an hour of talk time. Secondly the hangs up while using the slider a little too quickly. if i use the bluetooth or the IE the phone does not last a day also. Also i am not able to load any software other than google maps on the phone.

Dear I purchased in april. Using this handset from last 4 months approx now.

Never found any serious bug. No problem in battery. My battery experience is better than 6275.

And second thing, There is no any issue in HTC S 720.

Its working fine, I have already sold 7-8 Pieces of HTC S 720, And Customer are happy,

None came with any issue.

May be the lot which your dealer have might have some problem.

Otherwise there is no such issue, Infact USP of Handset is Very Good Battery Backup.

dont u think this HTC 720 is overpriced.... cos i hav a HTC 710 wich i got for 12,100.00 last month.... n wen cums to RIM they overcharge for da hansets.... :Decepcionado: