Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

Fly Launches Dual Sim Handsets

Fly Launches Dual SIM Handsets

Techtree News Staff

90843_matter.jpgshim.gifshim.gif

Meridian Mobile has introduced a new line of handsets featuring the dual SIM technology for its flagship brand - Fly. The new line-up includes Fly V80, V80i, B700 and B720.

A dual-mode phone is a handset which uses more than one technique for sending and receiving voice and data. This applies to both wireless mobile phones as well as wired phones. These new phones are using a combination of GSM and CDMA technology. Basically the new line-up is equipped to work as either GSM or CDMA phone as per the user's preference.

The V80 is a dual SIM CDMA+GSM handset sporting a 1.85-inch 65K TFT color display. Measuring 106 x 44.7 x 13.6 mm, the handset features dual standby mode, GSM - Dual Band (900/1800), CDMA - 800Mhz, 800 Phonebook and 200 SMS Storage Capacity. It is priced at Rs 4,490. Another version of the phone is the V80i, with additional features like FM radio and speaker phone.

The next in the line-up is a mid-range handset B700 dual SIM GSM+GSM handset featuring 2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, GPRS, external memory slot and support for voice and video recording and playback. Priced at Rs 7,200, this handset has a 2-inch 262K TFT color display and measures 109.8 x 49.5 x 15.3 mm.

90843_flylaunchesdualsimhandsetsfinalbig.jpg

The last in the latest line-up is B720 Duo, a CDMA+GSM phone with EDGE. The handset packs a 2.4-inch 262K TFT color screen, 2-megapixel camera, MP3 player and 5MB internal memory, scalable up to 2GB. Measuring 118 x 53 x 15.3 mm, it supports GPRS, Bluetooth, video recording and also offers storage memory for 1000 phonebook and SMS. This handset is priced at Rs 8,900.

The new dual SIM technology Fly handsets are available at various retail outlets including The Mobile Store and Subhiksha.

Seems to be a good collection of dual mode phones and attractively priced. But how good they perform, only someone who has used Fly will be able to tell.

Edited by KumaarShah

well the above hadsets are not launched today indeed they were launched quite back

i had started a thread for that but was unable to take any pic or rather find any stuff online for that . .so no details for that...admins and mods please merge the topic.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=13018&hl=

These handsets has been launched in Delhi, Only Today I saw the FLY Dual Sim Handset with one of my Customer,

He had bought it yesterday for around Rs. 5500/- Dun know which model from above of these,

But was very fed up with that, Was saying that battery backup is not as good as he expected.

Moreover, Look wise Fly set was looking like Cheap TATA Mobile phones, Like of those Rs. 1000-1500.

hey guys can anyone write a review of these sets .....plzzzz....

Fly V80, V80i, B700 and B720.

yeah i saw the arrticle alsoo...

thot can be a betta deal... than spice d-88n

but no reviews.... atleast i found d88n reviews on mouthshut.com

and they were not encouraging....

it seems there is a software glitch.. that you cnt send sms from cdma numbers.

wanted to know does fly continue to hav the same problem like d88n.

you hav to diconnect gsm active call to answer a cdma and vice versa

hey guys no body tried the sets?????...plzzz somebody write a review of these phones......

well the one i saw looks were quite cheap rubber keys . .looks damn crap!

^^^

@Innu Raja

Yes my dear friend, the above Dual Sim handsets models V80 & B720 supports the Ruim card for CDMA alongwith GSM. So both the models can be used with Reliance network.

Regards.

@Honest

I spoke to Reliance customer care and he told me that this phone is not supported for Reliance network and I got confused and I posted this question here. Also I would like to know from where I will get the SIM as the Fly phone didnt had the SIM for Reliance.

Will i get it from Webworld, if yes then what is the price. I have already got the post paid starter kit

^^^

@Innu Raja

My dear friend, actually Reliance does not sell these handsets, thats why they had told you that it will not support Reliance network. See even chinese phones works with Reliance network.

You will get the Sim from Reliance Web World.

If you have the postpaid starter kit then their should be a Ruim in the starter kit itself. And if you are already using Reliance number on another handset, then you have to convert your number to RUIM, which can be easily done from any Web World after paying some minimum amound of Rs.15/- (Blank Sim Charges).

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. Actually there is no SIM in the starter kit. I will go to Reliance webworld tomorrow and get it and update this thread.

Thanks for your help on this :-)

Hi, many people are waiting for a review on Fly B720 Duo (CDMA+GSM). So here it is:

Presently dual sim phones available in Indian markets are Spice D-88n, Samsung Duo(Tata Indicom only) and now Fly B-720. And off course we have great Chinese phones but without warranty.

I bought Fly B720 Duo about a week ago for Rs 8600. I find it to be a good phone till now!!. You can use two sim cards simultaneously, one GSM (Airtel, Idea etc ) and other CDMA (Reliance , TATA indicom etc)

The phone operates in four modes

1. CDMA+GSM

2. CDMA only

3. GSM only

4. Flight mode (phone is on but there is no transmission or reception, used

in flights for music or videos )

Good Points:

-Great looks

-Good signal reception

-Good and large screen. Good clarity (2.4” QVGA 262K TFT)

-Supports MP3, 3GP and MP4. Has audio and video players.

-Pre-fed internet settings for major networks including TATA and Reliance.

-Web browser

-Good speaker

-Has separate buttons for calling from CDMA or GSM network. Just select a

no. and push CDMA or GSM button to call directly from the desired network.

- Expandable memory to 2GB

- Bundled data cable and head set

-Faster Bluetooth

- Pressing # shows video on full screen.

Some hitches:

-No themes

-Camera quality not great. Considerable delay from pressing button to picture actually being taken.

Bad performance indoors and in dark. No flash.

-Does not support making folders for music and videos.

-I could not figure out how to install applications. Does it support them????

-Poorly written user manual. The manual does not even has basic specifications of the phone. It does not even

specify what audio or video formats are supported.

Overall a good phone and a good value for money. I will give it a 7/10 .

For detailed technical specification visit http://www.flyphone.in/products/b720.html

^^^

@S S Gary

Thanks for the review my dear friend.

^^^

If this phone has JAVA, then surely you can install applications.

Regards.

Handsets look good (at least in pics) and are rightly priced.. But i was wondering, which of these dual handsets are better aka FLY, SPICE or SAMSUNG? Which of these would you prefer and why?

Handsets look good (at least in pics) and are rightly priced.. But i was wondering, which of these dual handsets are better aka FLY, SPICE or SAMSUNG? Which of these would you prefer and why?

Hi, samsung duo can only be used with TATA indicom as of now. Spice has a smaller screen and is about a 1000 rs cheaper. I prefer Fly B720 due to its larger screen and two separate buttons for GSM and CDMA for one touch calling (it matters!!!!)

Hi, many people are waiting for a review on Fly B720 Duo (CDMA+GSM). So here it is:

Presently dual sim phones available in Indian markets are Spice D-88n, Samsung Duo(Tata Indicom only) and now Fly B-720. And off course we have great Chinese phones but without warranty.

I bought Fly B720 Duo about a week ago for Rs 8600. I find it to be a good phone till now!!. You can use two sim cards simultaneously, one GSM (Airtel, Idea etc ) and other CDMA (Reliance , TATA indicom etc)

The phone operates in four modes

1. CDMA+GSM

2. CDMA only

3. GSM only

4. Flight mode (phone is on but there is no transmission or reception, used

in flights for music or videos )

Good Points:

-Great looks

-Good signal reception

-Good and large screen. Good clarity (2.4” QVGA 262K TFT)

-Supports MP3, 3GP and MP4. Has audio and video players.

-Pre-fed internet settings for major networks including TATA and Reliance.

-Web browser

-Good speaker

-Has separate buttons for calling from CDMA or GSM network. Just select a

no. and push CDMA or GSM button to call directly from the desired network.

- Expandable memory to 2GB

- Bundled data cable and head set

-Faster Bluetooth

- Pressing # shows video on full screen.

Some hitches:

-No themes

-Camera quality not great. Considerable delay from pressing button to picture actually being taken.

Bad performance indoors and in dark. No flash.

-Does not support making folders for music and videos.

-Poorly written user manual. The manual does not even has basic specifications of the phone. It does not even

specify what audio or video formats are supported.

Overall a good phone and a good value for money. I will give it a 7/10 .

For detailed technical specification visit http://www.flyphone.in/products/b720.html

thnks for the review........anybody can write a review for v80i.....

Fly v80 is now available on reliance check http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...dset/mobile.jsp dont know about the price

The site displays V80 in the selected price range of 4000-5000

The site also has Coolpad 288 which is also a dual SIM in the selected price range 5000-10000

So which one would be better?

Edited by commonman

^^^

@Common Man

My dear friend, actually I think that Coolpad 288 works only in one network at a time. By that I mean you have to switch between Gsm or Cdma each and everytime you have to make a call.

And in Fly dual sim handsets, you must check if it works on both the networks at the same time or not.

Regards.

DO NOT GO FOR FLY Even high end phone like B720 do not have java :(

the battery is 700amh

it ****s... i bought one on 7th aug from hotspot, thank god the micro sd did not supported 2Gb an i was able to get it replaced with spic D88n

after reading some post here i am planing to change it further to c810 as my main concern is battery life , email and fm

what do the experts have to say...

i will have to do this by tomorrow evening.

reply soon to make ur reply worthy for me

DO NOT GO FOR FLY Even high end phone like B720 do not have java

Hmmm, No Java. It seems to be ugly.

My dear Tushar Spice d88n is a good handset and C810 too is also good. You can opt for C810.

Regards.

There is no JAVA in c810 either.

^^^

Hmmm, no java in C810 too.

Oh my god.