Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Converting Reliance To Other WLL Service

Hello guys,

well almost all of u have heard of converting reliance phone to garuda or other Wll services,

so here we are they really doing it in bombay,

and for shock of our life they doing it for mere 1300/-

well at present they doing it on samsung SCH-N191 and lg 2030, well its not possible with version 08 or 15 in lg 2030.

all they need is ur handset 1300 bucks 2 photographs and one address proof,

well u also have a option of non address varified serice with additional charge of 300 buck.

well guys dont ask me or mail me asking thier address or anything related to this as this is illegal.

Hey munna you right, in delhi they converting any model with any software version to another WLL service. formalities are same as you said but cost is anywhere between Rs.250/- to 750/- (depending on location you approach).

I have seen it personally so now i believe this. Also i have seen cloning of N191 ^_^ No software or nothing required to do that. Well as you said dont ask me how! lol ;)

Moderators may edit the text of this posting if u desire so!

Hi Guys,

Visit this Link - http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/wll_tariffcard.htm

There is an option there given by BSNL which says that you can bring your own CDMA mobile and get it converted to BSNL Tarang service.

Option-I: Subscriber may bring his own handset.

Has any one tried it. BSNL rates are very cheap. Even though it lacks roaming

:):(:D:D:D:D:D

Hello deepu_vk

Reliance clearly states that its Handset are meant to be used on its network, even after the ownership is transferred to the customer. If you are ready to risk and adventurously eat the forbidden fruit, you can change over to BSNL tarang WLL. If it is just for the rush involved, then it should be your personal preference.

ALTERNATIVE. If your intention is to make calls with cheap tariff, especially to Landlines and CDMA phones (GSM to GSM calls are already cheap) then I would suggest you to go for BSNL Cellone (post paid) Plan 525. For a limited time only, BSNL is offering a variant of the original scheme in Karnataka, all calls at 40Ps per min, irrespective of the recipient being Landline, Mobile GSM or CDMA. Add to this 10second pulse, best roaming service, 300Rs talk time, I think we have a winner here.

Cheers

hey guys

In my city BSNL is giving same FWP set as Reliance giving (LG-LSP340E) in their WLL connection.

is it not happening in ur city?

Well reliance forbids to use the handset software,and not the handset.this is seen in their prepaid offer. :)

Hi Guys ,

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/html/...cr_prepaid.html

10.  After shifting to RIM Prepaid, the ownership of the handset will be transferred to the customer (with a condition that the software in the handset can only be used to access Reliance Infocomm's sevices). The handset will cease to have any insurance cover.

Reliance states that the software in handset can only be used to access their Network and not the handset.

Does that mean that we can change the software to use it in another Network.

If so Reliance handsets can be changed to Tarang or Tata Indicom

Edited by Chirag

I believe change of Software can only be offered by LG Inc.

Does that mean that we can go to a LG Service centre, change the software and then convert the mobile to Tarang or Tata Indicom

so here we are they really doing it in bombay,

and for shock of our life they doing it for mere 1300/-

Munnabhai This is really bad. You put such tempting news on the site and then say 'NOT TO ASK YOU ANYTHING'

Are Bhai Details PM/EMail karo. Dont enjoy the option alone.

Regards,

PCOGuy :D

Edited by Chirag

:lol: Tarang Rates are cheaper than Reliance. So you should convert if possible

;):P:D:D

tarang rates are cheaper ... but what about the SAD network congestion ? seems to be congested almost all the time. same for the cellone here in TN ... anyways, give it a shot. c if you can make a backup copy of the reliance software so that incase u need to revert back, u can do so ...

Hi,

what I have understood from the people who are using this type of connection, is one has to change only two settings after bringing the set into test/field mode. And that can be done using phone set keypad itself. No software writing etc. is required.

well guys my e-mail id is shaikhsadik@hotmail.com , but please dont ask me about addrewss nd things related to them.

I would like to know whether LG RD 2030 handset can be used for Garuda and Tata connections?

Answer is YES.

But Don't ask How?

Cauz Posts related with Clonning are not allowed in this forum.

I would like to know whether LG RD 2030 handset can be used for Garuda and Tata connections?

If u've bought the handset by outright purchase i.e. by paying full cost or by converting ur Postpaid to Prepaid recently, then u own the handset. By owning the handset, u've simply got all the right to do whtever u want except tht u keep LG's firmware(software). Now tht the phone is urs, and if TATA or GARUDA can program it on their networks for u, you can go ahead and get it done officially....

If u wanna do it unofficially, then am sorry coz this is not the right place to ask! I hope u'd understand ;)

Dear Chiraag

Does this mean that Reliance can not file those "tampering with the phone" cases? (Hyderabad case against Tata Indicom officials? ) as long as the firware is not upgraded/modified?

In other words, once you buy the phone outright, you cannot have anyone Flash it? Change Firmware.? Isnt PRL reprogramming also part of firmware.

Also then, does the LG service center need permission from Reliance to do change firmware after outright purchase.

Isnt Firmware provided by LG and not Reliance. What if someone ACCIDENTALLY deletes the firmware (possible in case of Nokia 2280/Full reset code, does he have the right to change the firmware now, or is he compelled to Flash it back to Reliance Firmware.

This is news..! Please clear my doubts

I dont have anything official on me as of now! But if 1 of us tries to find all these answers u want, then tht wud be really gr8!

If u rem, when reliance allowed conversion of Postpaid to Prepaid, in the documents it was mentioned that on converting the phone to Prepaid, the handset will be transfered to the owner's name provided the s/w(firmware) is not changed!

With tht i believe, tht once i purchase the handset on outright basis, its completely mine, and i can sell the handset myself widout involving RIM anywhere. When the handset is mine, i may also want to change the operator as in GSM. And simply put, i cant change the Firmware of LG Phone to Noka s/w and vice-versa. I can only keep LG s/w on LG Phone! But i shud be able to change the operator, as long as i keep the firmware of LG on my LGphone. Fine wid that?

Now the only issue left is the compatibility of the handset on other operator's network. For ex: TATA may deny my handset saying its not compatible on their network! No issues! But if it is, then they simply shud reprogram it for their network...

All put together, CDMA handsets dont have an edge over GSM ones for this matter atleast!!! ;) Too much of complications for network change!

the handset will be transfered to the owner's name provided the s/w(firmware) is not changed!And simply put, i cant change the Firmware of LG Phone to Noka s/w and vice-versa. I can only keep LG s/w on LG Phone!Fine wid that?
YES..!! Never thought of LG on LG would be considered legal. I thought you were stuck with the software on the phone as on the day you bought it. Thanks.
sell the handset myself widout involving RIM anywhere
You can sell the handset, but not the connection. Connection is embedded in the phone. Interesting isnt it.

Options: Upgrade to color, but retain the B/W ; Change to prepaid, dont recharge for six months; or quit Reliance and retain handset.

Now the only issue left is the compatibility of the handset on other operator's network, But if it is,then they simply shud reprogram it for their network...
Clearly, LG RD 2030 works on TATA/BSNL/MTNL no doubt about that. But yes, this is the major hurdle, but still we have the Hyderabad case, where TATA has accepted LG phone.
Too much of complications for network change!

Actually Chiraag, if the whole thing would be legalised, I opine that ingenious ppl will come up with easier ways to do it. Right now, unlike cloning the knowledge is restricted to an elite few.

Right now, we are left again at the fringe area. Cloning or No cloning, legal or illegal. So, it is better to shut up.. Right Chiraag? ;)

I DONT think Sharing of Information on such conversion is CRIME. IT IS CANNOT BE. If you have paid RIM for the Handset and you own it - YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH IT. You can convert it to Garuda or Tarang or anything.

Have you guys read all agreements and other read-me along with your RIM connections ? Do they have any words on this ?

PCOGuy