Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

Hello Rimweb.in

w.e.f 9th July 2008

Rcom has made difference between RWorld Access and Wap Access for 3rd Party Websites.

Now onwards Accessing 3rd Party Websites from R World Feature in phone will cost you Rs.1/10KB over the normal charge of 10p/10kb.

This is termed as WAP Differnetiated Charges in Rcom.

As you must be awared of the plans of Rworld.

There are 5 R World Plans

L0

L1

L3

L4

LF99

If you will access 3rd Party websites from any of these plans, then you will be charged Rs 1/10KB.

In L1, L3 and L4 you will be waived off 10p/10kb Onnet charge.

This means that if you access any 3rd party website on Opeara/HTML/WAP Browser from your phone,

Then you need to pay following chrages:-

In L0 and LF99 - Rs1.10/10KB

In L1, L3 and L4 - Rs.1/10KB

So beaware of charges before using it.

Special Precaution for HTC Users :- Who are using 3rd Party surfing heavily, Kindly mind charges,

Otherwise you will end up with huge bills in lakhs.

As 1 MB will cost you Rs.100

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w.e.f 7th December 2008

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan:

Mobile internet would be a subscription based monthly data service plan.

Mobile Internet Data plan is an auto renewal (30 day plan).

Subscription of mobile internet data plan is mandatory for accessing internet sites on mobile.

Mobile Internet Data plan is applicable to both postpaid and prepaid Reliance subscribers.

Charges for mobile internet data plan are as follows

Default plan - Rental Rs.0, External Sites Access is Blocked

Mobile Internet Plan 99 - Rental Rs. 99- 20MB+NUC

Mobile Internet Plan 199- Rental Rs. 199 -100MB+NUC

(NUC) *Network Usage Charges @ 5p/10kb apply

#For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged

#Unused KB charges beyond validity period will not be refunded.

Edited by @mitJ@in

What happens to Reliance? 1 rupee for 10 KB. It's too much.

RWORLD should be banned by the users.

w.e.f 9 July 2009, ...........

2009? :Decepcionado:

so if we can use yahoo and gmail or rimweb in our mobile we will charge for 10paisa/10kb ?

My dear friends, it seems that Reliance is trying to cover up the charges which it had recently reduced on STD & Free Roaming. <_<

This is no good of Reliance at all.

But official confirmation is still to come.

Has anyone confirmed it from CC ?

Regards.

this is totaly loot by reliance

Still I don't think its possible. If they do something like this, they will loose all their data customers to Tata.

^^ Can you please confirm it from your Unbilled amount if they have charged in excess?

Yes, it will be in UNB

atrocious... now i definitely wanna chuck DAPO... will do it first thing tomo... somehow i feel happy now that i got off using rworld for net once the UTS and those other logins stopped working for me... it put me back to using rconnect and fortunately so in hindsight...

but this is a terrible move...

Why do you guys put up with all this??

I just activated GPRS on my Idea day before yesterday... and 1st time used GPRS/WAP no my mobile. Idea charges me

2 paise/KB in zero rental plan

or

1 paise/KB [Re. 1 deducted per day] (just changed my plan to this from the above plan)

or

Unlimited WAP at Rs. 5 per day

or

Unlimited internet and WAP at Rs. 15 per day.

Just installed Opera Mini... and managed to get it to work (after a lot of tinkering)... it rocks! :)

Its a terrible move from reliance.. That's the problem wit reliance... It walks 2 steps ahead and then step back 5 steps.. Recently announced amazing offers joy have been nullified with this 'stupid' data plan revision..

Looks like this news is true bcoz my unbilled usage shows an increase of Rs.5,and i remember i did not make a single call on the 9th july.Thanks Amit for informing us or else we would have ended up in paying by our nose.

This is nothing but cheating by reliance,atleast they should have informed the customers about the change in tariff of wap.

Anil Ambani along with his group of companies is graduating to become a full fledge chor,hope he reads this or his chamchas inform him.

ADAG/RCOM thinks that they have kept some treasure on rworld that people only visit them,rworld has become kachara,even checking your unbilled usage is charged if you are not in L1 plan.

Imagine the bill of people who use wap and are not members of Rimweb or the ones who do not visit Rimweb frequently.

Its time for we the customers to do something to stop this at will fleecing by RCOM/ADAG

Hello Rimweb.in

I am going to give you an Information regarding R World. Many users here will get upset after reading this.

w.e.f 9 July 2008, Rcom has made difference between RWorld Access and Wap Access for 3rd Party Websites.

Now onwards Accessing 3rd Party Websites from R World Feature in phone will cost you Rs.1/10KB over the normal charge of 10p/10kb.

This is termed as WAP Differnetiated Charges in Rcom.

As you must be awared of the plans of Rworld.

There are 5 R World Plans

L0

L1

L3

L4

LF99

If you will access 3rd Party websites from any of these plans, then you will be charged Rs 1/10KB.

In L1, L3 and L4 you will be waived off 10p/10kb Onnet charge.

This means that if you access any 3rd party website on Opeara/HTML/WAP Browser from your phone,

Then you need to pay following chrages:-

In L0 and LF99 - Rs1.10/10KB

In L1, L3 and L4 - Rs.1/10KB

So beaware of charges before using it.

Special Precaution for HTC Users :- Who are using 3rd Party surfing heavily, Kindly mind charges,

Otherwise you will end up with huge bills in lakhs.

As 1 MB will cost you Rs.100

This is nothing but cheating by reliance,atleast they should have informed the customers about the change in tariff of wap.

^^^

@Prathod

Yes my dear friend, don't worry, you will see the information on above from Reliance by 2010 in relevant medias. :lol2:

Regards.

Well i doubt this at first place for safer side all HTC user change Connection settings to Normal Rconnect USERNAME and PASS instead of UTS or SC810.

And do not use ricinfo 8080 port proxy. this way bills will be maximum for Rconnect not this mad 1RS per 10 KB lol.

Ill take them court and Sue TRAI also this time. Saale sab ghoos ke paiso ki daaru pee ke so rahe hai kya ??

What all of u saying is right, but plz remember that not everyone is using RWORLD in their phone.

There are a limited number of users who are using WAP BROWSER in their RELIANCE handsets. As all of you know the price range is high for these handsets, most of the users choose low end phones where no WAP BROWSER is available. They only use RWORLD to download RINGTONES/WALLPAPERS or these kind of stuffs from RWORLD.

And to more there is also a limited number of phone user who knows about data chrages. Even they cannot undesrstand what is 10KB. What they knows is that RELIANCE is charging the total amount for downloading ringtones or wallpapers.

So I think there will be a little effect on users, or simply they would not use RWOLRD any more. But user migration from RELIANCE to other may not be affected due to this reason.

Don't think that I am a supporter of RELIANCE. But this is true. Except the users from METROS, no one is using CDMA high end handsets with BROWSER.

And also if we want to teach them a lesson then we have to spread this news among all the RELIANCE users in our area.

Anyway, I think this is ANIL's frustration coming out from MTN deal.

I think anil make loss from stock market so he hike the rworld price without any prior information and cheating to custmer of rcom

I asked CC. They told that it is 10 paise / 10 KB. ??

Waiting 4 my bill now.

Edited by rbdhoot

CC is very slow,but their billing department is fast,any increase in tariff is given to billing thru email and sent to CC thru Indian Post so CC is late to get the news.

I hope that RCOM has made a silly mistake by stating Re 1 per 10 kb instead of 100 kb which may be OK by industry standards. However hopes are only hopes and RCOM being a greedy monolith now, hopes will just vanish.

I confirmed with CC - the dumb lady did not know what is WAP, then I asked for a supervisor and that lady after checking the info, told me whatever @mitj@in has already stated.

SO, the bad news is that we can use RCOM only for voice services - mo more SMS, no more data, no more WAP etc etc. Enjoy RCOM like never before. And yes lest I forget, junk all your PPCs, high end phones and join in the Classic celebrations at Rs 777 or still below and be happy forever. ADA does not want us to buy these super high end phones at all. I am lucky that I did not buy any PPC as yet, though my 2 year old 6265 has almost given up and I was really tempted to go in for either a PPC or a Treo.

I feel it is the right time to quit RCOM and be done with RCOM's ludicrous, avaricious 2 steps forward and 5 steps backward syndrome for once and for all. It has happened so many times in the last 5+ years that it has become a habit of sorts for RCOM. JUNK RCOM once and for all.

I asked CC. They told that it is 10 paise / 10 KB. ??

Waiting 4 my bill now.

@rbdhoot,

What prathod says is absolutely true.

My experience with CC is that they do not know or understand WAP at all. So ask for the supervisor and then post here your findings. It is indeed 1 buck for 10 kb and not 10p/10kb.

Enjoy RCOM, man.... :rofl_200::Contento::NOTriste::Equivocado::Confuso:

I agree with Kumaarshah,its really shocking to know that we are taken for a ride by increasing the price and that too secretly,and to top it there is no other option its either use it or dont use it,they should have come up with some unlimited scheme or something like that but now they know Indian users are dumb and will take whatever is given to them and pay whatever is charged to them.

Now there will be more problem with postpaid users like it is in prepaid where they are charged for rworld access when infact they dont use it, same will be in postpaid bills we will get amounts for data usage when actually we wont use it,and no way of proving that we are not using it.

Exactly and the Supervisor also told me that the billing would be on real-time basis. This may mean that the UB usage will get updated with the RWorld/WAP usage by the next day. Or does real time basis means something else?

And if we have subscribed to detailed bill, do we get the dates, times and durations of each and every WAP usage? or like SMS, so many SMSs have been sent from your mobile, 'our systems are perfect' go to hell sort of scenario will prevail?

@ @mitj@in, what about prepaid users? how will they be billed for WAP usage? If nothing comes forth, does it mean they will still be charged only kb usage? Then this is really discriminatory for postpaid users.

Can we not protest for silently introducing such charges without even informing us? Does TRAI/DOT/etc allow such silent and abrupt introduction of WAP charges? Or is this outside their ambit?

Edited by KumaarShah

If this is true, let RIMWEB show its strength buy mass disconnection. Are RIWEBIAN ready to prove their strength? Lets send mail first, then wait for 1 week and if they do not revert with proper information or revert their charges, lets disconnect in mass.

I am sure they will realize. THis is loot, if true.

I am ready to throw in my 20 connections (CUG).

I am with you Kshah

Lets unite and approach Rcom and if there is no positive outcome I am ready to surrender my lines.