Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

Most probably yes.

@anupe,

I think most probably they will charge 10ps /10kb for browsing and another 10ps/10kb for offnet sites browsing. So if you browse onnet sites, you will pay only 10ps/10kb but if you browse offnet sites, then you may end up paying 20ps /10kb. This is better than the 1.10 per 10 kb, but I peronally think it is doubly expensive.

This is my assumption of the revision in charges. Maybe CC (if they are updated) will provide better info.

Airtel has 3 plans for EDGE (THey call it Mobile Office) This is as per my communication with them

Plan 1: Rs. 450 per month [flat]

Unlimited browsing free every month

Plan 2: Rs. 99 per month [prorate]

25 MB free usage every month, thereafter 0.05 paise per 10 KB

Plan 3: Rs. 20 per day

Unlimited browsing free every day

Its more than double. Ofcourse, GSM speed will be not as good as CDMA.

@anupe,

I think most probably they will charge 10ps /10kb for browsing and another 10ps/10kb for offnet sites browsing. So if you browse onnet sites, you will pay only 10ps/10kb but if you browse offnet sites, then you may end up paying 20ps /10kb. This is better than the 1.10 per 10 kb, but I peronally think it is doubly expensive.

This is my assumption of the revision in charges. Maybe CC (if they are updated) will provide better info.

Charges for accessing 3rd party sites are 10ps/10 Kb

Normal KB charges of 10p /10kb is charged while accessing Reliance Mobile World.

This means whatever u browse either rworld contents or third party websites u will be charged 10p/10kb only (as earlier it was).

the only one unknown truth is -> for unlimited plans like l1, l2, l3, l4, network charges will be free for 3rd party websites or charged 10ps/kb. (they have to confirm this.)

but one thing is sure that for the above plans rworld network charges are free.

in their website they have mentioned

"The network usage charges are applicable to all Reliance Mobile World users having a wap enabled handset."

they have not mentioned 3rd party network charges is applicable for all user OR applicable for all plans..

so 99% we will be having unlimited usage as usual. my bill will get generated in 9 days. i will update after that.

who is interested in their rworld?

I never use rworld. I only use third party websites

the only one unknown truth is -> for unlimited plans like l1, l2, l3, l4, network charges will be free for 3rd party websites or charged 10ps/kb. (they have to confirm this.)

but one thing is sure that for the above plans rworld network charges are free.

i m under old chat n play plan... so my rworld network charges are free.. i tried enquiring about the additional 10ps for third party websites.. called them around 8 times, but everytime failed to get a reply... they are really not sure about it... i use (m.orkut.com) and (mobile.rediff.com) daily.. just for testing charges... but nothing is added to my unbilled usage... my bill date is 24th... so i think i'll have to wait till this date to see does it actually add up in the bill! because waiting is better than getting replies from those nerds!

hope it remains free... i'll ruin reliance this time... pata chalne do free hai ya nahi... reliance ki maar dunga is baar!! contract lunga downloads ka...... :Riendo:

i m under old chat n play plan... so my rworld network charges are free.. i tried enquiring about the additional 10ps for third party websites.. called them around 8 times, but everytime failed to get a reply... they are really not sure about it... i use (m.orkut.com) and (mobile.rediff.com) daily.. just for testing charges... but nothing is added to my unbilled usage... my bill date is 24th... so i think i'll have to wait till this date to see does it actually add up in the bill! because waiting is better than getting replies from those nerds!

hope it remains free... i'll ruin reliance this time... pata chalne do free hai ya nahi... reliance ki maar dunga is baar!! contract lunga downloads ka...... :Riendo:

did u use orkut and rediff during july 9th to july24th and in that bill any amount added ?if not its unlimited for 3rd party too..

Edited by savramesh

I have been using this for the last week or so but havent been charged for the same, cant say if they are going to be so lenient in the future as well. YOu never know that they are going to do.

to summarize

1.there is no diff between on net /off net wap sites

2. charges 10ps/10kb , if were applicable to u , before 9th july( FOR L0)

3. no additional charging for off net,although reliance web site still shows additional charges of 10ps/10kb

if any member still getting charged, pl update

Edited by r.world

10 paise for 10 KB is for non L1 plan, for L1 plan even 10 paise is not charged, please correct if my understanding is wrong.

I have heard after the recent MTNL failure, Anil is planning to quit RCOM business. May be he wants all customers to voluntarily close their connections left with no one to serve which enable him to leave the business in grace.

I have heard after the recent MTNL failure, Anil is planning to quit RCOM business. May be he wants all customers to voluntarily close their connections left with no one to serve which enable him to leave the business in grace.

:Contento:

@Ramchi,

It should be MTN and Not MTNL.

Secondly your post should qualify for the best joke of the century... Ha HA HA HA ha

I have just now d/l the latest bill dated 1 aug'08.

In this there is absolutely no mention of the WAP diff. access charges at all. But I cannot say with certainty that it will not appear in the next bill.

The reason is as follows: -

In my DAPO plan from May 2007, the roaming rates were revised to home roam scheme - i.e. all incoming calls within the 1st 400 minutes free and thereafter at Rs 1.90/mt. All local and STD outgoing as per my home circle rates. But effective June 2008, they advised me that Home Roam scheme was de-activated six months back ( no info, of course to any customers). All customers would be charged standard roaming rates of Re.1/Re.1/Rs1.50. I protested heavily and somehow got all waivers for June and July 2008. Further all roaming minutes would not be counted in the 400 minutes,so it is fully chargeable and no deduction of 40 ps also.

Now in this July month(1.7 to 31.7) bill, once again the roaming rates are charged at Std roaming rates and I have lapsed my 400 minutes under DAPO also as whatever roaming minutes I have used will not be counted against my free minutes. This is most un-businesslike and un-ethical on RCOM's par not to advise old customers prior to such changes in charges. It is next to impossible to place any complaint with CC as they feign ignorance and refuse to register complaints.

Cutting matters short, RCOM will definitely charge for WAP Diff Access charges in future. Be Aware and don't use WAP indiscriminately. They will simply say that we advised you already or your number was not reachable when we wanted to contact you and by saying so, they will escape responsibility. It is apparent that the dip in ARPUs and also profitability has adversely affected them and they are no longer the old RCOM now. Be ready for tariff raises, stopping of all free lunches etc from now on. The next target for RCOM's bomb blast is the free SMS's for DAPO. They will definitely target this now. They need to raise revenues at any cost, to hell with customers who want to leave RCOM. They will send you away now if you place a termination request and will not try to retain you like in the past with some goodies.

are u sure u r an EXPERIENCED MEMBER at rimweb.in?? waise nice joke... mast tha!!

Cutting matters short, RCOM will definitely charge for WAP Diff Access charges in future. Be Aware and don't use WAP indiscriminately. They will simply say that we advised you already or your number was not reachable when we wanted to contact you and by saying so, they will escape responsibility. It is apparent that the dip in ARPUs and also profitability has adversely affected them and they are no longer the old RCOM now. Be ready for tariff raises, stopping of all free lunches etc from now on. The next target for RCOM's bomb blast is the free SMS's for DAPO. They will definitely target this now. They need to raise revenues at any cost, to hell with customers who want to leave RCOM. They will send you away now if you place a termination request and will not try to retain you like in the past with some goodies.

yes u r right... this is the next thing they will target.. sms.. dapo ki to waat laga hi denge... my chat n play plan has reliance sms free all over india... but i think i'll be losing even that now..

and about wap, yes, we need to stop the usage before they blame us for not answering intimation calls n all...

it is time to think about some other service providers...

reliance was the best in everything they did...

but i think the first bad thing they did was stopping 180 sms card and then 95 sms pack... and since then, everyday some new jhatkas are ready!! soon they will start charging incoming calls! well, one can definitely say so by the way things are going on currently!

you are right,

very soon we can have SMS black out days in Post paid also like other GSM operators

no SMSpack rates on festivals :(

my chat n play plan has reliance sms free all over india... but i think i'll be losing even that now..

Chat and Play plan has already been stopped for Subscription and Migrations.

What is the update on WAP Charges?

Should I start my browsing on HTC P3000 again?

my chat n play plan has reliance sms free all over india... but i think i'll be losing even that now..

Chat and Play plan has already been stopped for Subscription and Migrations.

ya i know that... but hope they take care of old subscribers like me...

and new chat n play plan suc*ks.. n m not sure whether its available or not..

Edited by devlovesall

It seems reliance is interested in being largest by number of subscribers(to block frequency) not ARPU wise. Those stupid people now relying on GSM to increase ARPU. With such good network and CDMA efficiency advntage, if they had been linenet about foreign handsets and if they keep tarriff about 5% cheper than others, I am sure relinace can be twice as big than nearest GSM player.

Reliance has too many disadvantages... 5% cheaper isn't enuf compensation. Unless it can save around 20% or so on my bill, I wouldn't even look at them again.

Anyway, forget 5 and 20% cheaper... their current philosophy seems to be to try and become a premium player by simply charging premum rates... lol! :D

Edited by raccoon

^^^

I agree with raccoon fully....

BTW TATA is providing mobile browsing @ Rs.2/- per MB.

Isn't that much more cheaper than what reliance is offeriing? Mostly I use Opera Mini for browsing with my Nokia 6265. I have been using Reliance connection since Oct'03, I have Chat & Play plan; but now I want to go for some other alternative service provider.I have already enquired with TATA, Vodafone & Idea. What do you guys think?

For CDMA user, alternative should always be GSM, I feel