Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

one big doubt

i am in L1 plan. and not subscribed to any data plan..

now if i use opera will i be charged 5p/10kb ??

my last bill date is 11 Dec. till that date i was not charged anything for internet usage..

Edited by savramesh

Aircel in Tamilnadu offer unlimited GPRS at 599 per month. No other plans available, basic plan is zero rental and 10p10kb..

Aircel Link

Edited by savramesh

Tata Indicom Mobile Internet

1. Browse any Internet Website on your phone.

2. Multi language support on Huawei 2900i.

3. Fast Zoom in Zoom out of web sites.

4. Downloadable application on select BREW based handsets

5. Upload or download files from/to mobile to the websites.

6. Chat via a chat clients like messengers, or from websites that use Java script.

7. Playing flash animation or videos.

Compatible Handsets: Huawei C 2900i, Samsung Bliss, Samsung Max, Samsung Flo & Moto Razr.

(hope phones like 6265 and 6265 will also support)

Charges - 1 day: Rs 10, 7 days: Rs 30, 1 month: Rs 99 .

7 days free trial

Tata Indicom Link

View Demo

Edited by savramesh

BSNL offers unlimited GPRS at 199 per month, but 20p/10kb is applicable on roaming

BSNL Link

Edited by savramesh

Vodafone offers 2 plans

Option 1: Rs 499 monthly rental for first 500 MB usage and 5p / 10KB usage charges after that

Option 2: Rs 199 monthly rental and 5p / 10KB usage charges

basic plan is 10p / 10 kb with zero rental

Vodafone Link

Edited by savramesh

^^^

Their is one more plan from Vodafone :

Rs.699/- monthly rental : 1 GB free usage and 5p / 10KB usage after that.

Tata Indicom Mobile Internet

1. Browse any Internet Website on your phone.

2. Multi language support on Huawei 2900i.

3. Fast Zoom in Zoom out of web sites.

4. Downloadable application on select BREW based handsets

5. Upload or download files from/to mobile to the websites.

6. Chat via a chat clients like messengers, or from websites that use Java script.

7. Playing flash animation or videos.

Compatible Handsets: Huawei C 2900i, Samsung Bliss, Samsung Max, Samsung Flo & Moto Razr.

(hope phones like 6265 and 6265 will also support)

Charges - 1 day: Rs 10, 7 days: Rs 30, 1 month: Rs 99 .

7 days free trial

Tata Indicom Link

View Demo

They may be offering unlimited thru proxies and may not support other protocols. Same way airtel too offers AON (Airtel On Line) unlimited for Rs. 99. Each session has limit of 3 MB. But if you download any thing its charged and can not use to check mail / IM

You may try with other handsets but I am not very sure as CDMA settings are difficult to clone some times.

The following is the email reply I got from CMO. In both plans upto 20MB/100MB, it is free - no NUC, no 5ps/10kb. After that limit is crossed, both are applied. However if you use OM, I feel that only 5ps/10kb will apply, the NUC being charged when you access RWorld will kick in. However, friends, nothing is certain unless and until you receive your 1st bill with the detailed charges. After that we can take up the matter once again with CMO.

For DAPO and L4, no NUC will be charged at all. What this means is that RWorld will be free in the default plan, and if you want IA, you need Plan 99 and if you want to download anything further, then you need Plan 199. Once again till your free MB limits, it is free. After that as explained above.

Now is not the above RCOM plans reasonable? From Savramesh's post, Vodafone charges 199 plus 5ps/10kb - no free limits at all. Compare once again with others and see the difference. Compare finally the speeds and the uninterrupted network anywhere with GSM's call drops even near the doors/windows and then decide.

Dear Mr. Shah,

This is with reference to your email regarding the services for your Reliance Mobile number 938xx xxxxx.

As per our telephonic conversation, we regret the unpleasant experience you had with our customer care executive and would further like to inform that the feedback has been forwarded to concerned department for corrective actions.

Further, we understand that your query pertaining to Mobile Internet plan has been addressed.

Please find the details of the said plan attached with the mail for your reference.

We hope your query has been answered.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Warm Regards,

Corporate Center

Reliance Communications Ltd.

2 attachments - 1st being what we all see on the website and th 2nd one as follows: -

Frequently Asked Questions (Index)

What is a Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet site)?

How do I see my Usage and Data plan charges for Mobile Internet?

Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan?

What is mobile internet plan 99?

What is mobile internet plan 199?

Can I change to a higher/lower data plan midway through my subscription?

Can a pre-paid customer access mobile internet sites on handset?

How do I use mobile internet service?

For which handsets are Mobile Internet Data Plans applicable?

What are the benefits of subscribing to Mobile Internet Data Plans?

How do I indentify Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites)?

Would every mobile internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites) open on my handset?

What are suggested links under Mobile Internet on Reliance Mobile World?

What is a Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet site)? (Back)

Mobile Internet is internet on your mobile. The user can go to any internet site of his/her choice and the service is similar to accessing internet on any computer at home or cybercafé. Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between customers and internet sites and is not responsible for the content on any mobile internet site. Mobile Internet service provided by Reliance communication is like any Internet Service Provider.

How do I see my Usage and Data plan charges for Mobile Internet? (Back)

Inform the customer Usage and plan charges details can be checked through the Mobile Internet link on R World. This service is available only for a valid subscriber of mobile internet plan.

Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan? (Back)

Inform the customer that Subscription to any one data plan is mandatory for accessing mobile internet. By default all wap enabled users would come under default plan wherein accessing external sites is blocked. Kindly subscribe to any one of our Mobile Internet Data plans to enjoy browsing.

What is mobile internet plan 99? (Back)

Mobile internet plan 99 is a data bundle where customers can access mobile internet from their handsets. Customers have to pay a monthly charge of Rs.99/- and receive 20MB of mobile internet usage. In this plan, surfing/streaming of data is permitted, however download is not possible. Post quota (20MB) 5p would be charged per 10kb for accessing mobile internet and Network usage charges of 5p/10kb would also be applicable. For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges is waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged. This plan is available to all Reliance Mobile wap enabled handset users.

What is mobile internet plan 199? (Back)

Mobile internet plan 199 is a data bundle where customers can access mobile internet from their handsets. Customers have to pay a monthly charge of Rs.199/- and receive 100MB of mobile internet usage. In this plan, surfing/streaming and download of data is possible. Post quota (100MB) 5p would be charged per 10kb for accessing mobile internet and Network usage charges of 5p/10kb would also be applicable. For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges is waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged. This plan is available to all Reliance Mobile wap enabled handset users.

Can I change to a higher/lower data plan midway through my subscription? (Back)

Inform the customer he can change data plan. However, charges for the new data plan would be applicable at that time and there would be no carry forward of previous data plan balance. At a time, only a single data plan would be active for the subscriber.

Can a pre-paid customer access mobile internet sites on handset? (Back)

Inform the customer Prepaid customer can access Mobile Internet sites on the handset, for this he need to subscribe to any of the monthly internet data plans. Prepaid customer having sufficient balance in his/her account can access mobile internet sites. Likewise, postpaid customer can also access internet sites as long as his connection is active and not discontinued.

How do I use mobile internet service? (Back)

Inform the customer once he has subscribed, he need to just open the wap browser and start surfing. Customer can also visit suggested links under R World

For which handsets are Mobile Internet Data Plans applicable? (Back)

Inform the customer currently mobile internet data plans are applicable on all WAP enabled handsets having R World. E.g. Nokia 6155, Nokia 6265, Nokia 2865, Nokia 6275. Its also applicable on other WAP enabled handsets like Motorola V3M, Motorola L7C, Motorola K1M, Motorola V9M, CoolPad 288, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry 8130, HTC Wave, HTC Libra, Kinpo Classic 762, Kinpo Classic 731, Kinpo Classic 732, UT Starcomm PPC6700, etc.

What are the benefits of subscribing to Mobile Internet Data Plans? (Back)

Inform the customer he can use the Mobile Internet to access information, services and entertainment. Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between the customer and internet sites.

How do I indentify Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites)? (Back)

Inform the customer most of the mobile internet sites are likely to have addresses like mobile.sitename.com, wap.sitename.com, m.sitename.com, sitename.com/mobile, sitename.com/xhtml, sitename.mob etc. e.g. mobile.ndtv.com, wap.google.com, m.orkut.com etc

Would every mobile internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites) open on my handset? (Back)

Reliance Communications is only providing connectivity like any other ISP (Internet Service Provider).Majority of 3rd party sites or mobile internet sites would open on handsets. Incase if the 3rd party mobile site that you are trying to access through the mobile phone is not formatted as per the handset then the page might not display properly. Incase of any issue with a particular site then the customer can contact the internet site for more details.

What are suggested links under Mobile Internet on Reliance Mobile World? (Back)

Inform the customer suggested links are third party or mobile internet sites for browsing. Reliance Communications is only providing connectivity to these sites. Reliance Communications is in no way responsible for quality of content/applications and impact on handsets.

@situ,

All your queries are addressed I hope. If you need any more clarifications, please post here. I will try my best to get them cleared.

they have split the 10p/10kb as 5p/10kb for reliance network charges and 5p/10kb for 3rd party internet charges.. they are making a good planning to find money from CDMA for GSM operations.

1. can anyone post the charges for blackberry services offered by AIRTEL ?

BSNL is offering 256 kbps unlimited broadband internet for 750 per month.. where as vodafone for mobile internet is 699 that too limited to 1GB..airtel unlimited for 599 etc.. back to bsnl unlimited mobile internet for 199 per month but only in home network.. broadband is becoming cheaper whereas mobile internet especially in reliance is getting costlier...

Hope good plans will be found after the launch of RGSM, 3G and the implementation of using same number when switching service providers etc...

Edited by savramesh

Thanks a lot kumar bhai.i am satisfied now.if necessary in future i shall certainly ask you.thanks again.

Is anybody able to browse using opera mini without being in any plan?

I am able to use opera mini on Both my handsets(Mogul And Nokia 6265)

Without any Plan.

I am also able to use Opera Mini, Though it was not working on 10th Dec, but I again tried on 11th and its working fine now.

I think Rcom guys are closely monitoring this forum, as they have disable my data usage. From this afternoon I have not been able to use Opera Mini on my Nokia 6265. Please let me know anyone of you guys are facing the same problem in using Opera Mini. I have just checked my latest bill and I am able to see the data usage details in it, though it is onnet and has no charges till my current billing cycle. But for now they have disabled my data plan, though I have Chat & Play-L3 plan.

R_Bill.zip

Edited by ajay12dude

I am also unable to use it from today evening.

My operamini is working and able to connect orkut, ndtv, yahoo mail etc.. in my 6265. i tried this 30 mins back ie @ 10 PM

But I am still not able to connect. It keeps on searching for pages but nothing opens on my HTC & PC.

they have split the 10p/10kb as 5p/10kb for reliance network charges and 5p/10kb for 3rd party internet charges.. they are making a good planning to find money from CDMA for GSM operations.

BSNL is offering 256 kbps unlimited broadband internet for 750 per month.. where as vodafone for mobile internet is 699 that too limited to 1GB..airtel unlimited for 599 etc.. back to bsnl unlimited mobile internet for 199 per month but only in home network.. broadband is becoming cheaper whereas mobile internet especially in reliance is getting costlier...

Hope good plans will be found after the launch of RGSM, 3G and the implementation of using same number when switching service providers etc...

I am using HFCL

Speed 100-300, Rent 444 + Rs 50 Calls Free. Unlimited upload & Download.

I am using HFCL

Speed 100-300, Rent 444 + Rs 50 Calls Free. Unlimited upload & Download.

Have been using both Vodafone and Reliance for browsing sites on mobile.... i must say internet plans from Rcom is a good value for money as compared to the vodafone that i'm using. This also gives me status about my total browsing during the period ( it reminds me of how much pocet money i'm losing on browsing :) )

i am still able to use opera without subscribing to any data plan..

does that mean i am being charged 5p/10kb ?? [note: i am in L1 plan.]

mobile internet on vodafone is very costly compared to other providers ......that also they give unlimited net connect only on special plans .....but the speed is dam good

mobile internet on vodafone is very costly compared to other providers ......that also they give unlimited net connect only on special plans .....but the speed is dam good

Vidafone is good in Mumbai only. In Ahmedabad they are not even EDGE - still age old GPRS

true...

The following is the email reply I got from CMO. In both plans upto 20MB/100MB, it is free - no NUC, no 5ps/10kb. After that limit is crossed, both are applied. However if you use OM, I feel that only 5ps/10kb will apply, the NUC being charged when you access RWorld will kick in. However, friends, nothing is certain unless and until you receive your 1st bill with the detailed charges. After that we can take up the matter once again with CMO.

For DAPO and L4, no NUC will be charged at all. What this means is that RWorld will be free in the default plan, and if you want IA, you need Plan 99 and if you want to download anything further, then you need Plan 199. Once again till your free MB limits, it is free. After that as explained above.

Now is not the above RCOM plans reasonable? From Savramesh's post, Vodafone charges 199 plus 5ps/10kb - no free limits at all. Compare once again with others and see the difference. Compare finally the speeds and the uninterrupted network anywhere with GSM's call drops even near the doors/windows and then decide.

Dear Mr. Shah,

This is with reference to your email regarding the services for your Reliance Mobile number 938xx xxxxx.

As per our telephonic conversation, we regret the unpleasant experience you had with our customer care executive and would further like to inform that the feedback has been forwarded to concerned department for corrective actions.

Further, we understand that your query pertaining to Mobile Internet plan has been addressed.

Please find the details of the said plan attached with the mail for your reference.

We hope your query has been answered.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Warm Regards,

Corporate Center

Reliance Communications Ltd.

2 attachments - 1st being what we all see on the website and th 2nd one as follows: -

Frequently Asked Questions (Index)

What is a Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet site)?

How do I see my Usage and Data plan charges for Mobile Internet?

Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan?

What is mobile internet plan 99?

What is mobile internet plan 199?

Can I change to a higher/lower data plan midway through my subscription?

Can a pre-paid customer access mobile internet sites on handset?

How do I use mobile internet service?

For which handsets are Mobile Internet Data Plans applicable?

What are the benefits of subscribing to Mobile Internet Data Plans?

How do I indentify Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites)?

Would every mobile internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites) open on my handset?

What are suggested links under Mobile Internet on Reliance Mobile World?

What is a Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet site)? (Back)

Mobile Internet is internet on your mobile. The user can go to any internet site of his/her choice and the service is similar to accessing internet on any computer at home or cybercafé. Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between customers and internet sites and is not responsible for the content on any mobile internet site. Mobile Internet service provided by Reliance communication is like any Internet Service Provider.

How do I see my Usage and Data plan charges for Mobile Internet? (Back)

Inform the customer Usage and plan charges details can be checked through the Mobile Internet link on R World. This service is available only for a valid subscriber of mobile internet plan.

Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan? (Back)

Inform the customer that Subscription to any one data plan is mandatory for accessing mobile internet. By default all wap enabled users would come under default plan wherein accessing external sites is blocked. Kindly subscribe to any one of our Mobile Internet Data plans to enjoy browsing.

What is mobile internet plan 99? (Back)

Mobile internet plan 99 is a data bundle where customers can access mobile internet from their handsets. Customers have to pay a monthly charge of Rs.99/- and receive 20MB of mobile internet usage. In this plan, surfing/streaming of data is permitted, however download is not possible. Post quota (20MB) 5p would be charged per 10kb for accessing mobile internet and Network usage charges of 5p/10kb would also be applicable. For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges is waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged. This plan is available to all Reliance Mobile wap enabled handset users.

What is mobile internet plan 199? (Back)

Mobile internet plan 199 is a data bundle where customers can access mobile internet from their handsets. Customers have to pay a monthly charge of Rs.199/- and receive 100MB of mobile internet usage. In this plan, surfing/streaming and download of data is possible. Post quota (100MB) 5p would be charged per 10kb for accessing mobile internet and Network usage charges of 5p/10kb would also be applicable. For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges is waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged. This plan is available to all Reliance Mobile wap enabled handset users.

Can I change to a higher/lower data plan midway through my subscription? (Back)

Inform the customer he can change data plan. However, charges for the new data plan would be applicable at that time and there would be no carry forward of previous data plan balance. At a time, only a single data plan would be active for the subscriber.

Can a pre-paid customer access mobile internet sites on handset? (Back)

Inform the customer Prepaid customer can access Mobile Internet sites on the handset, for this he need to subscribe to any of the monthly internet data plans. Prepaid customer having sufficient balance in his/her account can access mobile internet sites. Likewise, postpaid customer can also access internet sites as long as his connection is active and not discontinued.

How do I use mobile internet service? (Back)

Inform the customer once he has subscribed, he need to just open the wap browser and start surfing. Customer can also visit suggested links under R World

For which handsets are Mobile Internet Data Plans applicable? (Back)

Inform the customer currently mobile internet data plans are applicable on all WAP enabled handsets having R World. E.g. Nokia 6155, Nokia 6265, Nokia 2865, Nokia 6275. Its also applicable on other WAP enabled handsets like Motorola V3M, Motorola L7C, Motorola K1M, Motorola V9M, CoolPad 288, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry 8130, HTC Wave, HTC Libra, Kinpo Classic 762, Kinpo Classic 731, Kinpo Classic 732, UT Starcomm PPC6700, etc.

What are the benefits of subscribing to Mobile Internet Data Plans? (Back)

Inform the customer he can use the Mobile Internet to access information, services and entertainment. Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between the customer and internet sites.

How do I indentify Mobile Internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites)? (Back)

Inform the customer most of the mobile internet sites are likely to have addresses like mobile.sitename.com, wap.sitename.com, m.sitename.com, sitename.com/mobile, sitename.com/xhtml, sitename.mob etc. e.g. mobile.ndtv.com, wap.google.com, m.orkut.com etc

Would every mobile internet (3rd party or mobile internet sites) open on my handset? (Back)

Reliance Communications is only providing connectivity like any other ISP (Internet Service Provider).Majority of 3rd party sites or mobile internet sites would open on handsets. Incase if the 3rd party mobile site that you are trying to access through the mobile phone is not formatted as per the handset then the page might not display properly. Incase of any issue with a particular site then the customer can contact the internet site for more details.

What are suggested links under Mobile Internet on Reliance Mobile World? (Back)

Inform the customer suggested links are third party or mobile internet sites for browsing. Reliance Communications is only providing connectivity to these sites. Reliance Communications is in no way responsible for quality of content/applications and impact on handsets.

@situ,

All your queries are addressed I hope. If you need any more clarifications, please post here. I will try my best to get them cleared.

DEAR I HAVE READ THE ABOVE MAIL YOU RECIEVED FROM CC.

I m in DAPO plan and i have not subscribed to any data plan yet but still i m able to access internet sites using UTS/spicec810 username/password. But when i try with my mobile browser it shows a message to subscribe data plan to access internet on ur mobile.

Its perfectly working in my Laptop, So i want to know is according to CC below written statement without subscription of data plan we cant browse any 3rd party sites so how am i able to access the sites in my laptop????

*Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan? (Back)

Inform the customer that Subscription to any one data plan is mandatory for accessing mobile internet. By default all wap enabled users would come under default plan wherein accessing external sites is blocked. Kindly subscribe to any one of our Mobile Internet Data plans to enjoy browsing. #####

Plz let me know will i be charged for it or not.

Actually CC conformed me that 5p/10kb are the new charges for rworld access but as i m in dapo so i ll not be charged for it.

So Wots ur opinion dear.

I m to waiting for the bill to come well unbilled amount i cant recognise as my call usage was also there.

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

*Can I access mobile internet without subscribing to any monthly data plan? (Back)

Inform the customer that Subscription to any one data plan is mandatory for accessing mobile internet. By default all wap enabled users would come under default plan wherein accessing external sites is blocked. Kindly subscribe to any one of our Mobile Internet Data plans to enjoy browsing. #####

i am also in the same confusion.

anyone of the following will happen soon...

1. we can continue enjoying mobile internet without being charged ie not through rworld but thru opera or laptop.. [this hardly happens]

2. we will be charged 5p/10kb for 3rd party websites [5p/10kb for network will not be charged as we are in dapo or L4 or L1]

3. soon accessing 3rd party sites from laptop and opera will be blocked..

Today again I am able to access using opera mini. without having subscribed to any plan

I have never faced any problem in browsing with opera mini.of course downloading has been blocked.other opera user friends,are you able to download anything using opera/opera mini?

dont know about opera mini buy i m usin skyfire ....and i m able to download as well