Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
techack

Plz Suggest Between Lg Rd 3000,3500 And 3600

Hey friends,

Plz suggest me which phone to go for between rd 3000,3500 and 3600...Tel me about your expereince with any of these phones.

What are the various + and - points and any other relevent details or problems

Thx!

with FM 3600 is good using from last 3 months

without FM RD 3000 using it from almost 1 year only one problme faced in mic which i got replaced from Service Center without any problem

Hi guys,

I want all of you to share about your experience with low-end LG handsets. That way many people can save and intelligently invest their money in a good quality handset. Examples are sets fall in the range of 1000-4000 rupees like RD3000 and RD3600.

I don't have Reliance yet. I want to buy one. You can also discuss a little about other good quality handsets, only in case when you are comparing them with some LG handset.

Hey ppl,

For the past 1 year i was using a bechara classic 201.. the INR 777 phone... the charger broke, and so i recently changed my phone...

I bought an LG 3600 about 15 days back, and i would like to share my views on it.

15 days is not enough for a new phone to cause any problems, so i cant say anything about that yet...

as for other factors,

1) Network: Pretty good, call drops are almost nil... the only time it has dropped a call yet was when i was in a train in the middle of nowhere...

2) Sound: Excellent! Sound is quite loud even at medium volume of phone. But if you use speakerphone, then you have to increase it to full volume to hear properly. (Also see FM for more on sound quality)

3) Mike: Good. Does not transfer too many ambient sounds, voice quality is good. While using speakerphone, volume drops a bit low on the other end, hence the "good" rating and not "excellent".

4) Headset: Excellent! Sounds are crystal clear and of music quality. The headset mike is very good too. If you want to talk while whispering in a library or a boring lecture, then use the headset mike :D

5) Display: Average. A minus point in the display is the small size. But there are no features as such like pictures, videos etc, so this display is big enough. Otherwise, it is a very bright display, and like all LG phones, has a bright backlight. Also, Visibility is a bit strained in direct sunlight. (I'm comparing a nokia phone here, which never has any problems with sunlight)

6) Buttons: Average. The tactile response is nothing to boast about. In the beginning they feel a bit sticky, but you get used to them in a while.

7) SMS: SMS freaks will be sad too. The phone does have T9 dictionary, but if you dont use T9, then its a problem, because if you want another character from the same button, then the waiting time is a LOT. On the plus side, the phone has hindi SMS, but on the minus side, there is no T9 for hindi like there is in nokia.

8) FM: Reception is very good. I got crystal clear reception when i was in a train and about 80km away from the nearest big station (thats about 60-80 mins by train). When listening to FM via speaker, there is No distortion even at highest volume. Just that Maximum volume is not VERY loud... its listenable while kept a few feet away, not more. I have seen louder speakers in music phones. But i guess you cant always have everything. Also, battery utilisation while using FM is pretty low, six hours of continuous FM drains about 1/4th of the battery.

9) Battery: And now for the final decisive factor, the battery. The manual says "high capacity battery". I have used the phone for just 15 days, so I dont know how the battery will behave 1 year from now... but as of now, I am very happy with the battery. The battery status display has 4 bars. I listen to FM on it overnight, while sleeping too, and in the morning, only 1 bar out of 4 is gone. :D As a comparision to the great nokia battery, I will give some numbers: the nokia BL-5C battery, in use in low end colour phones by nokia, has a capacity of 1020 mAh. My LG 3600 battery has a capacity of 950 mAh. So I guess the battery is not AS GOOD as nokia, it wont give you a standby time of one week, but i get about four days of standby time if there is less calling, and two days standby with heavy calling (100-120 mins a day). Small tip: I keep my display backlight off, and that does increase battery life a bit. The downside of this is, that the display becomes invisible in direct sunlight. (it is still very clear in closed rooms/shade even in day)

10) Charger: The phone has a micro usb charger, as is standard in the newer LG phones these days. The charging time is a bit long. I used the phone till its battery was exhausted and it switched off. The charging time to full battery was about 4 and 1/2 hours. (i may be off by 15 mins, cuz i was checking every 15 mins)

11) Bitpim compatibility: I am still trying to find a data cable for this phone. the moment i get my hands on it, I will try my best to see if i can access it from bitpim, and let you know the results.

Conclusion: All in all, I feel that this phone is worth the INR1900 that i paid for it. But what you feel, is for upto you to read the review above and decide.

Please let me know if you like the review, and feel free to ask any queries you have.

^^^

@shirshendu mukherjee

My dear friend, you had posted really a nice review about the handset. You have covered all features abou the phone.

We appreciate your efforts my dear friend.

Regards.

Quite a nice review....I too have bought this handset(LG 3600) 2 days back!

But I am not satisfied with the speaker quality. Its very poor for me.

Inaudible if the room isn't totally quite.

Rest the phone is fine but there is over heating problems too if I talk for about 15 min on the phone.

^^^

@Techack

My dear friend, overheating problem exists their in nearly all mobiles in CDMA. But their is no health hazard due to this overheating of the handset.

Regards.

^^^

@Techack

My dear friend, overheating problem exists their in nearly all mobiles in CDMA. But their is no health hazard due to this overheating of the handset.

Regards.

O... My dear friend , you are quite right :GirandoOjos:

Hey ppl,

For the past 1 year i was using a bechara classic 201.. the INR 777 phone... the charger broke, and so i recently changed my phone...

I bought an LG 3600 about 15 days back, and i would like to share my views on it.

15 days is not enough for a new phone to cause any problems, so i cant say anything about that yet...

okay, let me compare this with my 2 days experience with this handset ;)

• I can not call to Reliance phones in any way. I mean, calls are getting disconnected after every 10 seconds or 30 seconds.
  • Sometimes when I make a call to my home, which is STD Landline call, I am getting connected to some local number. Local number because people saying hello and asking me, in Telugu, to whom I have called. Very funny.
  • Sometimes when I call to my friends, STD Mobile, then again I am getting connected to somewhere else :Equivocado:

All of the above problems are not related with this Handset. This is how the Reliance CDMA network operates in Hyderabad. My bad, I wasted money on Reliance. 2 of my friends have Reliance too, one cries all the time and the other one is happy. I just wasted 2100/- on it because I thought I will get lucky but I am not :NOTriste:

1. Sound is really excellent. No doubt about it. The volume of Speakerphone is too low. You cannot hear anything at all with it.
  2. Headset volume is so LOUD that it will make you deaf. Trust me, it is too loud on full volume.
  3. Regarding Display I did not problems with Sunlight but there is no good wallpaper in it and only 2-3 good quality ring-tones. It has bright backlight ( though not brighter than TATA's ZTE C335)

6) Buttons: Average. The tactile response is nothing to boast about. In the beginning they feel a bit sticky, but you get used to them in a while.

Exactly same.

8) FM: Reception is very good. I got crystal clear reception when i was in a train and about 80km away from the nearest big station (thats about 60-80 mins by train). When listening to FM via speaker, there is No distortion even at highest volume. Just that Maximum volume is not VERY loud... its listenable while kept a few feet away, not more. I have seen louder speakers in music phones. But i guess you cant always have everything. Also, battery utilisation while using FM is pretty low, six hours of continuous FM drains about 1/4th of the battery.

Except of one channel, all FM channels sound excellent. Very good reception quality.

9) Battery: And now for the final decisive factor, the battery. The manual says "high capacity battery". I have used the phone for just 15 days, so I dont know how the battery will behave 1 year from now... but as of now, I am very happy with the battery. The battery status display has 4 bars. I listen to FM on it overnight, while sleeping too, and in the morning, only 1 bar out of 4 is gone. :D As a comparision to the great nokia battery, I will give some numbers: the nokia BL-5C battery, in use in low end colour phones by nokia, has a capacity of 1020 mAh. My LG 3600 battery has a capacity of 950 mAh. So I guess the battery is not AS GOOD as nokia, it wont give you a standby time of one week, but i get about four days of standby time if there is less calling, and two days standby with heavy calling (100-120 mins a day). Small tip: I keep my display backlight off, and that does increase battery life a bit. The downside of this is, that the display becomes invisible in direct sunlight. (it is still very clear in closed rooms/shade even in day)

You can't compare the batter with NOKIA but I have not seen a battery that lasts so longer in such low-end handsets. Its battery is the real value for money. It is 3rd day and I know I need not charge it for next 2 days, unless I talk to my friends for 2 hours and 2 hours on FM.

Conclusion: All in all, I feel that this phone is worth the INR1900 that i paid for it. But what you feel, is for upto you to read the review above and decide.

I got it for 1750/- from Reliance Web World + 200 for connection = 2050/-

Please let me know if you like the review, and feel free to ask any queries you have.

your review as great. Its only because of your reviews I purchased this handset. But my bad luck, Reliance's service is totally poor. TATA Indicom is much better here in Hyderabad than Relaince.

well arnuld's review is also quite nice..coz he has told nicely about the handset features and all

But I m not expereincing any call problems (yet) with Reliance here in UttaraKhand!

well arnuld's review is also quite nice..coz he has told nicely about the handset features and all

Thanks but my review was not as good as of howlinghonda :)

But I m not expereincing any call problems (yet) with Reliance here in UttaraKhand!

MY friend has Reliance in Punjab and he says he never got any single problem in last 1 year <_< . One other friend who has got Reliance in New Delhi does get minor problems but mostly he is satisfied. I don't know what Reliance is doing in Hyderabad. My friend here has complained many times from RWW to CC but it seems like no one cares there :angry:

Hey ppl,

as for other factors,

1) Network: Pretty good, call drops are almost nil... the only time it has dropped a call yet was when i was in a train in the middle of nowhere...

2) Sound: Excellent! Sound is quite loud even at medium volume of phone. But if you use speakerphone, then you have to increase it to full volume to hear properly. (Also see FM for more on sound quality)

3) Mike: Good. Does not transfer too many ambient sounds, voice quality is good. While using speakerphone, volume drops a bit low on the other end, hence the "good" rating and not "excellent".

4) Headset: Excellent! Sounds are crystal clear and of music quality. The headset mike is very good too. If you want to talk while whispering in a library or a boring lecture, then use the headset mike :D

5) Display: Average. A minus point in the display is the small size. But there are no features as such like pictures, videos etc, so this display is big enough. Otherwise, it is a very bright display, and like all LG phones, has a bright backlight. Also, Visibility is a bit strained in direct sunlight. (I'm comparing a nokia phone here, which never has any problems with sunlight)

7) SMS: SMS freaks will be sad too. The phone does have T9 dictionary, but if you dont use T9, then its a problem, because if you want another character from the same button, then the waiting time is a LOT. On the plus side, the phone has hindi SMS, but on the minus side, there is no T9 for hindi like there is in nokia.

10) Charger: The phone has a micro usb charger, as is standard in the newer LG phones these days. The charging time is a bit long. I used the phone till its battery was exhausted and it switched off. The charging time to full battery was about 4 and 1/2 hours. (i may be off by 15 mins, cuz i was checking every 15 mins)

11) Bitpim compatibility: I am still trying to find a data cable for this phone. the moment i get my hands on it, I will try my best to see if i can access it from bitpim, and let you know the results.

Thanks to howlinghonda for writing such a good review for this phone. I m using LG 3600 fom past 10 days n completely agree with howlinghonda

i wud like to brief it up

Pros-

* Sturdy , can be throw without any hassles

* Low cost

* Good battery life

* FM via headset has good quality

* Data cable support

* Loud ringtone

* Large phonebook capacity

* SMS counter,Group SMS

* Good display

Cons -

* Low inbox space stores only 30 msgs

* Keypad is not good .. for msging its difficult to use .. after sometime finger starts paining

* Speaker quality is not that good.. has got mono speakers

* GUI is not good,confusing sometime for a NOKIA user like me

* Dont have a torch light

* Wallpapers cant be downloaded

* LG s greatest feature of short-ring whenever we delete sms or send sms or for any other alert annoys me the most

Overall this phone is very good phone . i recommend this phone .. in this segment its the best phone i have ever seen

8 out 10 for this phone

GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY..

Edited by NagpurDaMunda

Phone now available @ 1,600 in Bangalore..

Very reasonable price for this FM phone with all the above-mentioned features.

Well, In case of any problems, visit the Service Centre for a Free thing.. as in warranty.