Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Asit

Joint Venture Between Rcom & Rimweb?

^^^^

There are many topics that we are discussing which is not acceptable to Reliance. Even if we are helping people to unlock their LG Phones , that is illegal/against the norms according to reliance. Even if you are discussing one topic of any broken into software, that is against the norms of Reliance. Even if you are downloading any MP3 song (most of which are copyrighted) into your phone, that is ILLEGAL.

Although this is off-topic (sorry mods/admins)I will still say nothing is illegal here.

1.Unlocking LG or any phone from a service provider is not illegal. Although they say that warranty of the item will be discontinued, but still they provide full warranty with a caution.

2.Further, I don't find any discussion regarding broken software here. However, it is not illegal because we are not hacking the software, it is just a modification, which is not illegal.

3.Copyrighted MP3 songs are not be played for public performance, or to be copied and distributed without written permission from the author. However, we have not done those things here. What we done is that we downloaded the MP3s to our phones for listening, not uploaded here. That is not illegal. And yes you may say about the Golden Oldies thread started by Kamalji, but that is not illegal bcoz the songs are now copyright free.

So nothing is illegal here. And plz no further discussion about legality issue.

^^^ Your First and Second statement is totally wrong. Third may be true, as I am not much aware of Entertainment Laws and all.

Mods:- If I am wrong please delete my post.

^^^

My dear friends, I think this thread is now been going so much offtopic.

Lets take this thread on the track by not posting offtopic stuff.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friends, I think this thread is now been going so much offtopic.

Lets take this thread on the track by not posting offtopic stuff.

Regards.

You are 100% right, but there has to be a thread in this forum about legality issue.

Sorry to post it here again.

I don't know whether it has been discussed earlier or not, but today it strikes my mind and I am putting it here.

The idea is to approach RCom to provide access to their network for our admins & moderators, like their CC executives (who cannot help you in ur first request or simply say our system is in the process of upgradation, plz call later) or like the web world peoples.

This facility will provide our admins/mods to help people first than their CCEs, and also we will know the exact matters going on with RCom. We can also directly contact RCom regarding conflicts (like the recent one : WAP charges).

However the major profit will be for RCom for this affiliation process by getting user reviews about their services, like the present one WAP charges, which is later waived up after getting a lot of complains from us.

Although I know their are a huge number of members here who are working with RCom, but still I think it will be interesting.

I may be wrong, but it strikes to my mind & I put it here.

So admins/mods if anything is wrong here then plz delete it.

there is actually nothing wrong with it but then it is factually not possible. They will not respond to such a request. and if you have to consider mods and admins they i might just remind you here that being a mod is not a full time profession. guys are working at their own business or profession and in the mean time as they can get they do this duty. Admins are also in a similar situation.

If at all this is to be considered then it will be in a situation where rimweb has been taken over by RCom and getting monitored heavily. Then those guys doing so will be on the payroll of RCom and be dedicated resource for this.

That we can not afford.

So as Arun and kumaarshah have rightly said.....

Forget it.

Right, they aren't even going to respond to such a request.

what we are trying to do is make the system work without changing it inside out. It has worked wonders for most of them. We can exploit the handset features and get support from the actual users... doing R&D.

I will not get into the legality issue here.( but still it has been pronounced very clearly in various threads that rimweb does not subscribe to hacking for commercial benefit, into any software or hardware. What is promoted is either a trial, free, evaluation version not otherwise..)

apologies for digging such an old topic..

It seems that the Topic Title is going to be true..

rcomm.png

Please welcome Rcomm Care

now all our issues & grievances are just a PM away.. :P

Never know if its a fake or real.

Arun sir -- throw some light on this.

It seems that the Topic Title is going to be true..

Please welcome Rcomm Care

now all our issues & grievances are just a PM away.. :P

Nothing to get excited about. :doh: Joint venture is a big word to use for such things which are usually nothing more than glorified bots most of the time.

We already had one such similar member account RCOMcare in the past.

Since it used to post standard responses like THIS instead of actually solving any problems, Arun fired it/blocked their posts. :death:

I know of another forum where practically many service provider like vodafone, idea, videocon etc's customer service accounts are present. They just respond with the standard stuff like "share your number at blah.. blah.. places to resolve your concern". Members got so frustrated that vodafone's a/c was banned.

• Like 1

Even sometimes if you just mention the company's name

e.g: " Reliance has biiiiiiiiiiiiiig banners on the street. "

They will come out with replies like "Dear Sujit, at the very outset we apologize for the inconvinience caused to you. Please share your number so that someone could get in touch with you" LOL

In most of their post they will be apologizing.. :P

Edited by sujit_k
  • Like 2

Since they are all doing wrong things always, they are always apologizing only...