Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

Code For Charging Battery

Hi guys!

Today i read in a Hindi News Paper "Dainik Jagran".

We can Charge Reliance Samsung CDMA mobile battery by typing some numbers.

I know it is a part of Field test mode that has been discussed in our forum.

But i want to know that is it true?

I mean how can battery be charged by typing some numbers only?

Is it also a cheating as its a habit of Reliance?

If it is possible then how?

The process to charge battery is as follow:

1. Type *759#813580

2. A message will be displayed on screen "Test CDMA"

3. Type 70130155

4. Press SMS key

5. Press 02

6. Remove ur handset battery

7. Now attach ur battery and restart ur phone.

Thats it.

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Be careful if you press #20 / 28 /29 /73 your phone will be useless

there's no way u can reverse a chemical reaction in the battery by punching in codes <_< its probably a code which makes the batter level indicator display all the bars ... cant be anything more than that ... definately not a solution to the cumbersome charging process ... :D

yeah! who ever heard of something so ridiculous such as recharging a battery just be typing a few numbers on the keypad.!! <_<

if that would've been true, we would be enjoying unlimited power in all our UPS'es Inverters etc...

btw, ever heard of the theory of conservation of mass and energy??

Might possibly be something to make available, wht they call "Reserve Battery" ...

Might possibly be something to make available, wht they call "Reserve Battery" ...

that could be a reason - but i frankly believe that's not possible on our RIM handset batteries !!! when we dont have decent power, where is the question of reserve power !!!???!!! :)

Yeh i dont think... anything of such kind would exist... :P

If so, as static said we would be having unlimited power ;)

Wait a sec ...there just could be something like "reserve power". Im not sure about Lithium Ion battries, but lead acid battries, like those used in UPSs are not supposed to ever be completely discharged. Complete discharging is known as "deep discharging" and is likely to render the battery useless! Most UPSs have cicuitry to protect against this.

Perhaps someone in the know here could tell us if this is true in Li-ion battries also...

well, there's a simple soln to this 'reserve power' thingy..

if u really COULD re-charge the battery by a few simple keystrokes..

y would Samsung users EVER have to put their batteries in the re-charger, never re-charge , just type out those numbers and volia.. the phone is ready for use for the next X hours!!

we'll all be having the greatest breakthrough in Physics after Einsteins mass-energy equation!!

Dear Static, if you are reffering to my post ...it seems ur mixing things up! Recharging a batt by punching in some code is obviously absurd! Sounds more like re charging a pre-paid phone, actually! ;) I was only mentioning that there could be something like "reserve power" (like what Chirag mentioned) in the batts. But even if its there, its obviously not supposed to be used for any practical purpose ...else you might just have a batt ready for cremation!

hey racoon, i just said that if u(read samsung users) really want to check if it's reserve power or unlimited power, just use the code to recharge everyday, instead of the charger, an we'll come to know soon enuf..

Hehehehe Static, cool!!! ;) I sure hope they do acheive the next breakthrough in physics. I cant try it cus my handset ain't Samsung...

Come to think of it, if it is really become possible, I just might be the 1st to run and get a Samsung, next! Keep us posted guys. ...Just fantasizing!! :P

this thing had been posted on the rimweb before also but the topic has been deleted now but be careful while using the codes as some codes rewrite the eeprom and can render the mobile useless never press 28 or 29 in field test mode as it rebuilds the eeprom and deletes the min

Hook on dudes... heres from my end now... I have a Samsung handset at home as well.. n hence i waited till the battery discharged and showed LOW BATTERY WARNING. After this i followed the instructions for recharging(I assume Reserve Battery).... I wasn't able to call or use the phone after the "Low Battery Warning"... The result after following the instructions::

The Battery indicator showed "Full". But, it wasn't really that FULL.

I could make a call.. and Decently talk for several minutes.

But, the Blue LCD Light kept goin dim n bright all the while. I surfed R-World in this... n it worked for quite sometime.

My sis was getting apprehensive n she kept it on recharging again as i kept it aside... So cudn't check for how long it shud have worked...

But if its Reserve Battery, then it might finish off soon... n then u cant using those codes to recharge again n again. Coz somewhere, even the reserve can go empty!!

Anyways, in times of dire need... this can help... But sadly, this dire need comes again n again very quickly!! Reliance, after all ! ;)

Ya, really ...battery backup really leaves a lot to be desired. The dude at the LG service station said CDMA phones need more power hence battery life would naturally be low ...dont compare with GSM. Anybody here in the know who could corroborate this? I suspect it might just be a way to waive the problem away without a satisfactory solution... ;)

Hi prabhakar,

I entered the battery recharge code. its working fine. The problem is whenever the battery comes down the battery icon still showing 3 bars at the top. Its difficult to come to know the battery is low.

If u know the code properly, then suggest that codes to others. If u dont have the idea pls dont give wrong codes.

regards

Guru

Rakesh, ur post has been merged here as per ur request!  - Chirag

There is a post with samung code in this forum which i m not able to find by which we can increase battery life. and all people gave that cooment whether it reallr works or not. i will like to draw attention of all to this site - http://www.nokiainfo.net/info/nokia-secrets.php here u can fine many nokia code in which there r 2 code , 1st increase range decrease battrey life by 5% and 2'nd decrease sound quality but increase battery life by 30%. so this can be same with samsung handsets also. if anybody finds that forum then pls shift this reply to that forum.

Edited by Chirag

yeah, it is true that cdma phones require more power to work.that is why they have a better voice quality. ;)

yeah, it is true that cdma phones require more power to work.that is why they have a better voice quality. :rolleyes:

Are you really sure??? I have read exactly the opposite. Sound quality isnt dependant just on power consumption...