Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Airtel Bihar Stops Showing Location?

friends i dont know if its true that airtel has stopped giving location info on handsets. i would request someone using airtel in bihar to share his experience.

Dunno about Bihar, but here in Poona, Airtel did have a problem with that. The location would be displayed only once in a blue moon! Then they recently started advertising the STD for Rs. 1.5 using the location display. When they stopped, the location as of now displays as it should, in all areas I'v visited using the phone. Hope they keep it that way...

^^^

My dear friends, actually it seems maximum operators now a days use the location space for their own advertising. Like in the time of cricket, it shows a message to send a sms to particular number to know the latest scores whereas it is supposed to be particularly reserved place for displaying location only.

These tactics of different operators must be stoped.

Regards.

Yes, it should! Location display facility can be very useful. Fortunately with my Idea, there is never any problem. It always displays only the location... as it should.

Worst Is Reliance... they dont even have that concept...

not just reliance ,even tata doesnt give location info

Yes... probably CDMA dosent support this functionality?!

I wouldn't want to think about it !! I believe they have that techno, just the little facilities aren't fully devevloped due to the recent entry into the market compared to GSM? Yet, CDMA operators have basically focussed only on call quality, etc. in their efforts .... they yet haven't really come out with power facilities ... :Decepcionado:

Even my Vodafone in Bangalore always displays Ads.Complete Crap :mad44:

^^^

Actually this is very bad of some operators that they display ads their. This way we have to forcibly read and view their advertisements. ;)

Regards.

it seems operators have now realised that our hand set screens could be one more cheap way of advertising their crap..

Well, you dont have to force yourself to read their crap... just disable area display!

Yet, CDMA operators have basically focussed only on call quality, etc. in their efforts .... they yet haven't really come out with power facilities ...

What call quality??? As I'v said before, I dont find any difference... at least not between Reliance and Idea. Yes, if you compare with Airtel, its wayyyyyyyyyyy better! Depends on the operator you are comparing with!!!

^^^

I agree with Raccoon, Here in Pune Relaince and Idea have the same voice quality, infact idea is a bit better, Tata is pathetic, and Airtel these days seem to have a lot of network problems, atleast in Maharashtra, Goa circle, Idea simply is the best

My personal experience suggests more call "connects" with TATA as against any GSM provider, and Idea is terrible. Further, N6275 is pathetic with voice quality, Mogul is the best so far which I have known. I suppose call quality depends much on the handset as well as the network, more specifically the area you yourself are, and the area the call is being made to. What say? :Confuso:

Voda and Airtel in Chennai also have disabled Area /Location info and in its place, their ads for cricket, find friends, caller tunes etc are there. Location info is now being used for ads. What better way than to generate free publicity so that whenever you look at your screen, you are reminded about that service. Another thing I noticed is that some towers do not have this ads display, most of them however do. It must be 5% to 95% (location and ads)

It appears that all operators have woken up about this and we have to disable area display if we want to avoid this free publicity.