Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Anupe

My New Htc Bluetooth Headset!

One of my friends got me the HTC BH S100 headset from the UK yesterday. Its not your usual mono single ear headset, but actually lets you use any regular 3.5 jack stereo earphone as your headset while the mic is clipped to your shirt. The advantage is, it gives you an absolutely great music listening experience (A2DP supported) and also gives you voice call reception in both ears if you want.

post-13740-1217999142_thumb.jpg

Description

The HTC BH S100 is a fashionable Bluetooth headset that lets you make and receive calls and listen to music stored on your phone. The Navigation Controller allows you to easily manage and playback your music and adjust the volume during a phone call or when listening to music. With the standard 3.5mm audio jack, you can plug in and use your own earphone/headphones. Connect the BH S100 to your phone, clip it on your shirt and you’re good to go.

Key Features

- 3.5mm audio jack lets you plug in and use your own earphone/headphones

- Voice dial support

- Last number redial support

- Multifunction button to power on/off the headset, answer/reject/end/hold the call, use voice dial and redial the last number

- Navigation Controls for music playback and volume adjustment during music playback or phone call

- Dual-colour LED to indicate current status of the headset

- Two colours: Black or white

Technical Details

Bluetooth Specification v1.2 class 2

Supports Bluetooth Headset, Handsfree, A2DP and AVRCP Profiles

Rechargeable 250 mAh Li-polymer Battery

3.5mm audio jack socket for customized earphone

Talk Time: Up to 6 hours

Music Playing Time: Up to 6 hours

Standby Time: Up to 150 hours

Nominal Charging Time: 3 hours

Dimensions (main body): 55 x 24 x 27 mm

Weight: 20.1 grams

Theoretical range in open field: 10M

Antenna: Internal

Signal to noise ratio: Nominal 70dB

Distortion: <1%

Channel Separation: > 45dB

Volume step: 15

Color: White or Black

Package: Headset, Stereo earphone, 4 pcs. ear sponges, User manual, AC adapter, Charger adapter, Lanyard

Edited by Anupe

^^^

@Anupe

The headset seems to be good my dear friend. For how much did you got it ?

Regards.

ineed a good headset man . . .

Edited by @ksh@T

^^^

It came to about ÂŁ40 ( which is a tad on the higher side) I think it would be a little cheaper in the US or elsewhere, but since I had a friend coming down from UK I got it from there. Been using it all day. Audio quality is superb (I'm not using the earphones that came alongwith the headset as I already own a pair of high end Shure ear pieces) and incoming voice clarity should be heard to be believed :) Its really good.

Edited by Anupe

Good earpiece. Sadik Bhai, another item for you to import :)

Lol

Well bluetooth market is very risky as lots of chinese headphones coming in.

I am using Plantronic Voyager 855 and really happy.

BTW i prefer wired headfone on BT, somehow i didnt get the satisfaction of talking :)

Ya Sadik is correct, Delhi market (Karol Bagh / Palika / Nehru Place) is fully packed with Chinese BT and even you can't make difference easily as most of are duplicates of Nokia / Jabra etc. and cost are starting from approx 300.

I've used few BT's and currenly with Zabra 125 but I feel BT is good for those who are using it in silent environment (eg. Office / Car / Home) otherwise you will have to repeat most of the conversation with another end person. Also it is not usefull for love-birds as they can't get the proper feeling during happy calling <LOL> :rofl_200:

Anupe has selected a good one but I feel if you are carrying wires and clipping the MIC on your shirt then Wired Headset would be a better option. (it's my thought)

breg,

S@N

Well sanju the best feature of this headfone is u can use ur personal 3.5MM jack headphone and fot that mic is given in clip.

It reminds me of Ashok karkis SE headfone which i was badly behind it. saale ne diya nahi.

I love this kind of headfones, specially when my Creative or Philips headphone attached on it. :)

<LOL> That is your person call with Ashok for SE headphone. :Contento: .. Ashok bhai ab to de hi do yaar :Contento:

Yaar Sadik if we want to use our favorite 3.5mm headset to listen the music then why we are including BT system in-between, can't we use any mini USB to 3.5mm converter and then connect our high quality headset and if we are considering the headphone for attending the call then HTC stereo headset is not bad for clear voice conversation (Itni bhi buri headset nahi hai).

Bhai purpose is to :

1. Save extra money as good BT is always expensive (you can say double) compare to branded wired headset.

2. Extra headache for charging one more equipment and also biting the PPC stand-by-time.

3. If we are taking a loop from 3.5mm headphone to BT device clipped at our shirt then we can use the wired solution which most of people are using (eg holding the PPC on their belt and use the wire inside the shirt/t-shirt.) :GirandoOjos:

Abhi wireless comfort / fashion bhi ek cheez hai to phir paison ka kya muh dekhna (BT is anytime good for those users)

breg,

S@N

I have a Nokia BH 800 BT headset as well. Voice reception at the receiver's end is way better using the BT clipped to the shirt than the single ear type headset. I used both and have been asking my callers about voice clarity opinion. With the HTC BT headset there's virtually no drop in voice quality at the other end. I couldnt get the same response when they were taking my calls while I used the Nokia headset. BTW my earphones are "in ear canal" type phones, so audio quality for voice or music is just too good.

Hi guys, i just purchased a BT headset - Iqua Sun. It is the first of its kind i think and has an inbuilt solar charger onthe outer side of the headset. Thus the battery backup is just fantastic. Apart from the solar charger, it has miniusb charging point, so our pocket pc chargers can be used with this, so the problem of a seperate charger is solved. The voice quality is fantastic and the mic is pretty sensitive. Earlier i was using motorola h700 headset, which is also pretty good. However, this one is much better as while using MS voice dialling, it recognizes the commands very quickly and accurately. My previous headset was giving me a talk time of 1 day whereas the iqua sun is giving me a backup of 3 to 4 days. It is small in size and comfortable in the ear. The best part is the solar charger as it keeps on charging whenever there is any light.

Amit Oberoi

what is the cost of the headset and where did you buy it from

I think Amit is talking is talking about this:

http://www.iqua.com/products_sub.php?navi_id=1476

Regards

MG

Yes, this is the headset i am talking about. great headset.

@Shabz - I looked a lot for a dealer in delhi, but couldn't find one. No information was given on the websit at that time. So i talked to their manager in delhi who arranged one for me as at that time it was not available in delhi. Now i think stock is available here indelhi. I bought it for Rs. 6000/-.

Amit Oberoi

i have been using this sony HBH DS200 headset with my ppc6700 for almost 8 months now.. it is similar to this htc headset.. i got it from sony with warranty for rs 2900 then.. im sure it is cheaper now.. u can use any headset with it.. it has a clip and loooks cool.. and its a sony.. voice command works great with it.. even though the ad2p is hacked in the ppc 6700 and the voice quality and music is superb.. even with the given speakers.. no skipping or anything and the range is around 5 meters.. the talkime is around 5 hours.. and it works for me for around 4-5 days.. and charges in 2 hours.. depending on the usage..and its sturdy and it even has a battery display in it which can tel u if the battery needscharging.. it has 34 marks in it... like a cellphone battery. it has a pen like shape and goes into my shirt pocket or clips to my t shirt..like a pen. u can google it to see what its like..