Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
karpar

Lg Rd 2030 Gets Switched Off Automatically...

Hi guys!

I'm back...My modem wasn't working for about a month so I had to swear off the internet for so many days!

Anyway, this thread is to try and get some help for my problem...

The phone seems to get switched off by itself all of a sudden for no apparent reason, has any of you experienced this problem? This has happened to me thrice over a span of two weeks.

Though the frequency is not much, the problem persists...

Hi guys!

I'm back...My modem wasn't working for about a month so I had to swear off the internet for so many days!

Anyway, this thread is to try and get some help for my problem...

The phone seems to get switched off by itself all of a sudden for no apparent reason, has any of you experienced this problem? This has happened to me thrice over a span of two weeks.

Though the frequency is not much, the problem persists...

yeh, something similar used to happen to my phone.

it seems that it's a battery problem.

even though the phone shows full -battery signal, the battery is not fully charged,

infact , it might be totally empty!!

so what i did was that i recharged the battery (after cleaning its contacts) without the phone.

since then my phone's working fine!

The weirdest thing is, once it happened when I was CHARGING the phone!

And Vishal, the battery hadn't fully drained out...

Static, what branch and college did you land up in???

Maybe its a Battery problem

or may be its a H/W problem

may be ur PCB card is corrupt.

The weirdest thing is, once it happened when I was CHARGING the phone!

And Vishal, the battery hadn't fully drained out...

Static, what branch and college did you land up in???

yeh, that's y i said that u charge the battery w/o the phone.

be sure to clean the contacts

haha, bloody admission process, im still hanging on... allotment list to be (hopefully) declared on the 19th :)

I dont quite understand the logic of charging the battrey w/o the phone ...I mean it should charge with or without it ...ya it might charge a bit faster maybe; but otherwise what difference would it make?

Anyway, a friend of mine is just having the same problem with his Motrola GSM (C200) - he dropped it a few times ...and since the last time he dropped it, it just switches itself off at its own sweet will) :)

when ur cleaning the battery contacts, be sure to use a little alcohol - actually deo spray would be just fine. spray some onto a paper and clean the contacts when the paper is still wet - it'll definately help :)

Well the probelem is with the cell design.When they made it they made it quite flexible and there is some gap between the phone back where they have the sticker with some bar code and the battery .When some pressure is applied on the batery somewhere Just below the clip with arrow pointing upwards on the battery the battery bends and contacts stop touching the battery.

Atleast this is the problem i had after i dropped it a few times.

The best soultion to avoid it is to fold a peice of paper place it betwwen ur phone and battery make sure its not too thick and make sure u dont block the contacts with the paper.

Hope this post solves ur problem

Now that raccoon mentioned it, I remember that my brother had recently dropped the cell twice! So that could be the reason after all...

Anyway, it isn't all that frequent, so I'll let it pass for some time...

Hi,

It is a battery problem. It happens with me when I replaced RD2030 battery from the cheap new battery. If I install the old battery in phone set, it works fine. With the new local battery still it gives this sudden auto switched-off problem once or twice in a week. Why I thought of changing the old battery, was its color dullness.

I bought it for Rs.300/=.

Bhuppy

Emmi, what you mean by saying "quite flexible" seems to be that you are reffering to excessive "tolerance" or "play" between the phone body and the battery. I too have this problem in my RD2030 (with orignal battery and all)- the left side edge between the battery and the phone dosent fit too well and creates an irritating creaking sound when you use the keypad. I had complained about this to the LG service centre, but they say they simply dont have a solution! :angry: Just shows what LG thinks of quality!!!

However, Iv never had problem about my phone switching off automatically! :)

Emmi, what you mean by saying "quite flexible" seems to be that you are reffering to excessive "tolerance" or "play" between the phone body and the battery. I too have this problem in my RD2030 (with orignal battery and all)- the left side edge between the battery and the phone dosent fit too well and creates an irritating creaking sound when you use the keypad. I had complained about this to the LG service centre, but they say they simply dont have a solution!  :angry: Just shows what LG thinks of quality!!!

However, Iv never had problem about my phone switching off automatically!  :)

Yes thats what i meant it could bend very easily , the poblem started when i had an accident and my phone battery started giving me problems cos the battery dint sit propery onto the phone

Well, you had problems after you bashed up the phone ...but in my case I havent as much as dropped it once in the 8+ months that I'v been using it! :)

Well, you had problems after you bashed up the phone ...but in my case I havent as much as dropped it once in the 8+ months that I'v been using it!

hi

I find that my lg2030 switches off if I have more than 2 missed calls when on vibrate mode.

Battery however is fully charged.

I always thought it was a battery saving device

Sorry, I returned to browse this forum after a long time

Frustrated

hmmm, thats wierd Frustrated... have you shown it to the nearest LG ASC ?