Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ramtech

Datacard Zte Mg880 External Antenna

Hi I have Reliance ZTE MG880 data card .I am using it with my pc at home.but In my home signal are very weak ,signal bars fluctuates zero,one and 2 maximum.with this I am getting 0kpbs to 5kbps.Very difficult to even browse.but paying bills everymonth.You can ask if signals are weak why purchased data card.I have reason for that.Earlier I used LG2030 handset , where I used to hang the handset up outside house using strong cane ( because outside signals are full ) and connected to PC using 5meters extention cable.with this setup :GirandoOjos: I got speed of more than 100kkbps most of the times.

Now for this datacard MG880 I thoght of same set up .but when I attached 5 meters extension cable , My PC is not detecting USB modem( This way I tried with Huwai 325, didnt detect modem here also) :confuse: .I am not understanding why data card is not supporting if we increase the lenth of the cable.

:Confuso: I heard of attaching external antenna to MG 880 datacard(I heard it is possible) .Can anyone help me on this. :'( I dont want to lose 3000rs.I donot have any other internet option.

dear friend please use netbooster software and make sure you update it by dowloading the latest from relliance website (relaiance netconnect-data card-downloads-download...after that you willsee the differecne..even i faced the same problem but solved after installing the netbooster.

dear friend please use netbooster software and make sure you update it by dowloading the latest from relliance website (relaiance netconnect-data card-downloads-download...after that you willsee the differecne..even i faced the same problem but solved after installing the netbooster.

I tried netbooster also there is no difference, sometimes it is better without netbooster.

even i thought the same but you keep on using it...coz for your area..for time being the netbooster may not optimised..keep on using..i achieved result after using for quite a while..

i recommend keep on using it ....it will get better and better.... believe me i works with me...

i recommend keep on using it ....it will get better and better.... believe me i works with me...

I am trying with netbooster software for one year updated from website .It rarely works and speed is better without software.

HI Guys can any one answer to my original questions.

Just do one thing..Go to the Reliance World from where you purchased the data card.. and have a talk with he customer support person. tell him about the problem and also tell him to come in your locality where you are using the data card and check the network connectivity. Simultaneously, you can also call the Head of customer support of Mumbai and tell the problem.

Above 2 Meters the resistence becomes very weak, hence it dont detect.

Friends I had so many discussions with Rel WW and customer care but there is no improvment in coverage.Problem is not with Datacard because it is working well in coverage area, this i am sure.I heard of putting external antenna to datacard MG880.Can any body help me .

you may do one thing...change your browser to safari or opera...i would recommend safari ...it is the fatest and very helpful while surfing on relaince netconnect....believe me i have tried all the browser and found that safaari and opera are the best in speed and performance...

other may differ ...but please try

I am using Both the browsers.Explorer is zero kbps.never works.

can any one help me please

can any one help me please

You need to understand that this case is as simple as low network.. low signal hence low speed/performance.

What can be done is only left to Reliance.

Tell the WW that you are interested in going in for 10-15 Data cards / Mobile connections but only if the Network problem is resolved.

They might talk to their town office & do a rough study of Investement vs Revenue vs Risk of u not buying.

Better sound genuine by getting hold of a Tata proposal by mail/hard copy (u know how) to fox them..

All this for the Rs. 3000 u mentioned..

Dear,

Try extending the antenna by connecting a metal wire to your ZTE USB modem's antenna.

Regards

Rupesh

Friends I had so many discussions with Rel WW and customer care but there is no improvment in coverage.Problem is not with Datacard because it is working well in coverage area, this i am sure.I heard of putting external antenna to datacard MG880.Can any body help me .

Hey To to Purchase High gain Yagi Antenna.. with suitable Connector... its will available on Ebay.co.in or Mobile Accessories Shop Depend upon Order...

Keep try it... All d best

Hey To to Purchase High gain Yagi Antenna.. with suitable Connector... its will available on Ebay.co.in or Mobile Accessories Shop Depend upon Order...

Keep try it... All d best

Dear Friend, I am also having the same problem with my zte. What i am doing is, i m having a single usb extension cable and hanged the zte data card at some height in my room with wall and getting few signals and able to browse at 1-2 kbps.