Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Mtnl Cuts Broadband Charges By 50%, Launches Tv On Mobile !

MTNL cuts broadband charges, launches TV on mobile

Press Trust Of India / New Delhi August 13, 2008, 15:46 IST

Public sector telecom services provider MTNL today slashed broadband charges by up to 50 per cent to increase user base in the national capital.

The PSU announced a plan that will offer customers high speed (2 mbps) Internet access at a monthly rental of Rs 99 and 150 mb free download. Alternately, users can opt for a monthly rental scheme of Rs 149 with free download of 400 mb.

These plans will be available from August 15.

It has also reduced the monthly rental of another tariff plan by 34 per cent from Rs 899 to 599 that would be available to customers from September 1.

MTNL, which has 2.6 lakhs broadband customers in Delhi, plans to attract more customers with this reduction, company's Executive Director-Delhi A K Arora said.

The state-run telecom operator, which was the first to launch IPTV in the country, also added another first to its credit by launching Mobile TV.

"The TV service on mobile handsets 'MTNL-TV' is available in Delhi and the NCR for MTNL customers both on Dolphin and Trump. It will provide 20 channels, and the charges are Rs 99 per month," Arora said here.

Fashion TV and religious channels will be not be available on the service.

what abt mumbai

we always pay more

I have always noticed that MTNL is biased towards Delhi.. All news schemes, technologies, 3G, etc. are always launched in Delhi first and not mumbai..

Yes, friends you are right MTNL first launched all schem in Delhi then Mumbai. Why only they know ? I think BSNL should come in Mumbai. I would like to see competition between BSNL & MTNL... :Contento:

that was about MTNL what about BSNL . . . any news abt that

^^^

Till now no news from BSNL my dear friend. But I think that BSNL too will reduce the Broadband tariffs soon.

Regards.

They better!! I'm paying Rs. 750 + tax for a 256 kbps unlimited connection!

Whats intresting to note is that it seems its always BSNL/MTNL that reduce prices in Broadband... and the pvt. operators just try to keep pace... :angry:

^^^

Thats because all the private telcos want to milk you dry for as long as possible.

I have always noticed that MTNL is biased towards Delhi.. All news schemes, technologies, 3G, etc. are always launched in Delhi first and not mumbai..

Yes dear friend you are right. But sometimes it also happens the other way around. For example:

1. Roaming rates were first slashed by MTNL Mumbai and not MTNL Delhi.

2. The jadu pack 49 which cuts local call rate to 49paise/min has already been launched in Mumbai.

But you would be surprised to know that despite having advertised about this pack since July 1, 2008 and an sms pack(600 local sms free for Rs.30) in Delhi, MTNL is yet to make them available at any of their sanchar hats or elsewhere.

3. The security deposit for ISD calls were first slashed by MTNL Mumbai followed by Delhi.

Edited by sachinrocks